Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Michael Beasley- NBA position, expectations and comparisons

If he is a legit 6`9, 230, he will see a lot of time at PF. I`m just sayin. He looks a little slow to defend some of the quicker SFs in the NBA.

Good High School Starter

I would call him a tweener, but I think he is actually more of a combo-forward. He will play both forward spots depending on matchups. He is big enough to play PF, but against slower SF he will do fine as well. He will take SF inside and PF outside. That outside shot changes everything with him. If he couldn't make that shot, he is a tweener that is right there with Bill Walker as a prospect. With that shot, he is the #1 pick in the draft.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Actually, he reminds me a lot of Al Thornton. He DOES play a lot like Melo except less athletic.
    You do mean that Melo is less athletic than Beasley right? Because with all of Melo's skills, he isn't a high jumper like Lebron, Kobe, or Carter. Beasley could be the most athletic in this draft. He reminds me alot of a young Antoine Walker back in his days with Boston or Lamar Odom without the passing skills. If he lands on a team like Miami, his numbers won't be eye-popping since he'll be rebounding with Marion and scoring with Wade, so numbers like 12 and 6 wouldn't be far fetched. If he lands on a team like Minnesota who don't have much scoring and rebounding options besides Jefferson, he could easily be a 18 and 9 game in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
    Because with all of Melo's skills, he isn't a high jumper like Lebron, Kobe, or Carter.
    Actually hes a pretty good dunker..... i remember him winning a dunk contest..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pC5nl2IMDbA - hes pretty good

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    If he is a legit 6`9, 230, he will see a lot of time at PF. I`m just sayin. He looks a little slow to defend some of the quicker SFs in the NBA.
    Beasley measured 6'8" last summer and his post game will be more effective against SF IMO. He was only 18 so he could end up closer to 6'9" or 6'10" though.

Saw a basketball once

6ft 9in does not quailfiy as being too small for a powerforward. A lot of Mikes points were around the basket this year. I'm willing to say he could end up being a charles barkley type player only a little taller without as much ferocity. I'm saying a powerforward first /small forward depending on which team drafts him.

Saw a basketball once almightydavidbc's Avatar

i expect him to be a mix of Antawn Jamison and Glenn Robinson in their primes.

i believe he'l develop a decent nba range 3 shot and will score upwards of 22 a game

his rebounding will be solid at maybe 6-7 a game

i think he can def be a dominate player on the nba level he will at least fill up stat sheets i dont think hel ever be a face of the league type player tho, he'l be extremely good for a long time tho

i think if he gets paired with another star they can win a ship. he'l prolly need a dominate point to pair with him

Quote Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
    he'll probably play SF here. beasly is a beast. nuff said.
    im comparing him with glen robinson.
    i think even beasley himself would be hurt by that comparison seeing as robinson was not athletic, could not block shots like Beasley, could not shoot 3s like beasley.I think if robinson 7 years ago went up against beasley NOW beasley would crush him

Saw a basketball once almightydavidbc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bballog
    i think even beasley himself would be hurt by that comparison seeing as robinson was not athletic, could not block shots like Beasley, could not shoot 3s like beasley.I think if robinson 7 years ago went up against beasley NOW beasley would crush him
    kevin durant was also a shot blocker in college, more tahn Oden, dont knw the stats but its safe to say hes not swattin much of anything

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by almightydavidbc
    kevin durant was also a shot blocker in college, more tahn Oden, dont knw the stats but its safe to say hes not swattin much of anything
    Durant is actually blocking more than 1 shot per game I thiink. Perimeter players can block shots in the NBA it's rare but it happens. Obviously Michael jordan averaged 1.6 bpg one season and Vince Carter blocked 1.5 per game his rookie year but even more surprising is that T-Mac blocked 1.9 shots per game 1 year.

Beasley remind me of a younger Version of the " BIG DOGG" Glenn Robinson. People forget how good Robinson was during his prime, and he is one of my favorite player in the 1990's especially, when he is playing for the Milwaukee Bucks even leading his team in the Eastern Conference back in 2001.

I think Beasley would become an upgraded version of Glenn Robinson, and i predict he is going to become one of the best all around player in the NBA.

Prime Robinson Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0VQeYKn53w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBl-n...eature=related

College Stats: 27.5 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.05 bpg, 1.75 spg

NBA Career Stats: 20.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.20 spg, 0.30 bpg

Kevin Durant blocked more shoots than any other Guard in the NBA this season.

You know who else isn't blocking much of anything? GREG ODEN.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by gsrenagade
    6ft 9in does not quailfiy as being too small for a powerforward.
    Beasley himself even said he's not a real power forward.

InsideHoops.com: What do you think your ideal position is in the NBA? Should we call you a small forward who is big enough to play power forward?

Michael Beasley: Yeah, I like that. Because I didn't measure at what I want to measure at.

InsideHoops.com: What did you measure at?

Michael Beasley: 6-8.

InsideHoops.com: Ah, 6-8, right on the nose?

Michael Beasley: 6-8 and a half.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/beasley-i...w-053008.shtml