Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Rip Hamilton is great to watch

Does anyone else love watching him play? He always running around and zig zagging through screens. It's hilarious. I love the cat and mouse games he plays with defenders.

Why has he never gotten the credit he deserves? I think he is the guy that everyone will talk about as "most underrated" 10 years from now on internet forums.

HeartHustleHope

Default Re: Rip Hamilton

He is underrated alot. This is mostly because he plays in a team oriented offense. Everyone pretty much gets the ball except maybe Dyess apart from the occasional jumper. If the Pistons went to Rip, if he was the go to guy he would average 25pts.

And about the cat and mouse, he idolized Reggie Miller. He copied all the little tricks and fakes to get around screens. And the Piston big guys do a great job of picking of his defender.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

I love the Piston's entire outside game actually : Chauncy and Rip are a top backcourt in the league, Stuckey has grown on me, and I have always been a fan of Dixon and Prince (Afflalo was nice in college too).

Yea Rip is tireless lol, he is pretty entertaining. He's almost always money on that mid-range off the curl. Not a big fan of the mask tho

Just watch him on offense, He is moving constantly and coming off screens constantly. Its really a joy to watch him on offense and watch how hard he works to get the ball where he wants. Offensively, his midrange is top notch. He runs like Reggie did. He is underrated but pretty much the whole pistons starting 5 is underrated.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

it's great to watch his game. I try to do what he's doing. just constantly running and running 'til i be open. but i always get my energy zapped.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    it's great to watch his game. I try to do what he's doing. just constantly running and running 'til i be open. but i always get my energy zapped.
    no doubt Rip is a good player to learn from. If I had the energy for that I would. When I played organized ball I would do it for some plays, but after a few rounds I'd say "coach, just run some 4-man sets for the next few plays, I'm just gonna stand in the corner here like Bruce Bowen and wait for a pass if it comes to me" LOL

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

I always wondered what problem he had with Michael Jordan in Washington.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    I always wondered what problem he had with Michael Jordan in Washington.
    You my friend need to read the book 'When nothing else matters' by Michael Leahy.

Thumbs up Re: Rip Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
    You my friend need to read the book 'When nothing else matters' by Michael Leahy.
    Thanks man, I looked it up on Amazon and it looks really really interesting. The last Jordan book I read was "Rebound" like 13 years ago, so this should be interesting.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Thanks man, I looked it up on Amazon and it looks really really interesting. The last Jordan book I read was "Rebound" like 13 years ago, so this should be interesting.
    It's a great book, you get a real insight into Jordan's mind and things such as his pre-game rituals. It often tells stories of his Chicago days.

Myrrh

Default Re: Rip Hamilton is great to watch

Hamilton's a basketball player, not a highlight reel machine. That's why most people don't appreciate him.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    Hamilton's a basketball player, not a highlight reel machine. That's why most people don't appreciate him.
    Explain.

I guess he means that he's not some crazy 360 dunking machine, but he's just a solid, sound fundamental player.

I'd take him over Vince Carter.

Local High School Star

For me, a player like Rip is more entertaining to watch than Lebron, Kobe,Wade,etc. Watching Rip is entertaining as heck. Seriously. Yesterday, I found myself observing him for 5 minutes of the game and he was insane. The guy goes all out.

And what about his defense? For a guy who expends so much energy on offense, his defense is pretty good too..

3-Point Champion

He's killed Ray Allen last night. Did anyone see how this dude was blowing right by Allen? He made it look easy out there. I think Rip is the key to the Detroit/Boston series. If he can continue to punish Allen the Pistons are going to take the series.