Page 97 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2288
    Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Is Richmond playing tonight for the 4A championship?
    Yep. Waukegan against Whitney Young. Should start about 8:30 or so, I'd guess. (Scheduled for 8:15, but with the 4A consolation game and then the 3-point shootout finals, probably won't.)

I believe if you aren't in Illinois, you can watch it online here.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Has Marcus Jordan decided where to play in college?

I don't know much about him but I remember that he is a better prospect coming out of High School then Jeff Jordan was.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Has Marcus Jordan decided where to play in college?

I don't know much about him but I remember that he is a better prospect coming out of High School then Jeff Jordan was.
    He hasn't decided but if by chance (however slim it may be) we have another 09 slot open, we should pursue Darius Smith. He is a different player than his brother though. He's a much better scorer while I believe Jeff is more athletic and a better defender.

What is your opinion on Jeff Jordan?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I like Jeff, he's a solid bench/role player for us. He seems to never complain, never pout and goes out there and plays his game without ever forcing his game. If he adds a pull up jumper in the lane, he'll be a very valuable player for us next season.

Thanks wang4three. I saw him get more play time with Chester Frazier out and was wondering how he performed this season. I like his attitude and hope he has some success because he seems like a good kid.

Recruiting good kids is one thing Bruce Weber and Illinois has seemed to do a good job of lately.

Jeff has already exceeded expectations in my mind, because even with McCamey and Legion (who I still expect to be a high-level wing scorer the next two years) returning and all the blue-chippers coming in I expect him to be part of the rotation. He's proven capable of handling the ball and hitting an open jumper and is already an above-average on-ball defender. He may never see any more PT than he already has, but I also don't expect that he'll fall out of the rotation even with much more talented guys on the way in and already on the roster.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    He hasn't decided but if by chance (however slim it may be) we have another 09 slot open, we should pursue Darius Smith. He is a different player than his brother though. He's a much better scorer while I believe Jeff is more athletic and a better defender.
    no marcus hasn't decided yet... i've seen jeff play at loyola (my sister went there) yeah marcus and jeff are two complete different players, to me marcus is better in basically all aspects of the game, athletically they are different too... marcus seems bigger boned stronger and taller, jeff looks like a shrimp when he's on the court at illinois, jeff seems unsure about himself, i remember calvin brock chewing the eff out of him after a turnover in there last game, anyways marcus is the much better player

also GAME! why did you close the "how did deron williams slip past texas schools?" thread... i wanted to post a very interesting comment about that... can you reopen it?
    Last edited by DwadeOverLebron; 04-03-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    no marcus hasn't decided yet... i've seen jeff play at loyola (my sister went there) yeah marcus and jeff are two complete different players, to me marcus is better in basically all aspects of the game, athletically they are different too... marcus seems bigger boned stronger and taller, jeff looks like a shrimp when he's on the court at illinois, jeff seems unsure about himself, i remember calvin brock chewing the eff out of him after a turnover in there last game, anyways marcus is the much better player

also GAME! why did you close the "how did deron williams slip past texas schools?" thread... i wanted to post a very interesting comment about that... can you reopen it?
    That thread had run its course. The guy that started it was an idiot and the thread didn't need to continue.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Thread has been dead for a while. Don't know if you guys have seen this, but Brandon Paul and Bert aren't the only ones in our class that can throw down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtoDT...eature=related

Couple impressive dunks from DJ. He's #32.

I actually happened across that myself earlier today. D.J. has gotten a lot stronger and more explosive in the last year

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

i never seen dj play in a actual game until that tournament recently and i gotta say i'm thoroughly impressed with him, great defensive player long athletic and not a bad ball handler, he also hustles too... i like his game, great addition for the illini

Being a UM and UK fan I couldn't help but notice Legion was arrested this week; the legacy continues.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I believe it was for driving on a suspended license.

He was coming back from a charity wheelchair bball game? What an *******, huh?

I don't think this warrants him to get kicked off the team, maybe a suspension but we'll see what happens when the situation gets resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I believe it was for driving on a suspended license.

He was coming back from a charity wheelchair bball game? What an *******, huh?

I don't think this warrants him to get kicked off the team, maybe a suspension but we'll see what happens when the situation gets resolved.
    If it was nothing but a suspended license, it might not even warrant a suspension from any games in my opinion. A lot of times people aren't aware their license is suspended until they're arrested because the secretary of state, I believe, notifies of impending suspended licenses by mail. And though you're required to notify the SOS of address changes, many people don't.

Hopefully that's all that happened here. If that's the case, it's a silly but forgivable mistake.

Still, though, the history of vehicle-related arrests with the shooting guards in this program is just incredible. As a safety measure, let's get D.J. Richardson and Brandon Paul to leave their car keys at home when they come to Champaign.