Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is Anyone Else Here Into British Comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Yeah if you like those other shows you should enjoy both of them. Robert Webb also has a semi-regular character on Fresh Meat too.

I'm going to check out Friday night dinner.

Also have you seen Ricky Gervais' Life's Too Short and Derek? Both are hilarious, Derek is only a pilot but it has been picked up for an entire season. Also Stephen Merchant has a show coming out soon Hello Ladies.
    I'm not that big of a fan of Robert Webb. The highlight of Peep Show for me was David Mitchell. He's probably my favorite comedian. He totally kills on Would I Lie to You? and pretty much everywhere he appears at.

I'll check Fresh Meat out though.

If you like Simon Bird, you'll dig Friday Night Dinner.

However I highly recommend you check out The IT Crowd, Miranda and Not Going Out. If anything, just check out The IT Crowd. It's hilarious from start to finish. Maurice Moss is one of the funniest characters ever.

Haven't seen Life's too Short or Derek, but I'll look into them too.

Thanks for the rec. This'll keep me more than busy with the other stuff I also got to watch.

I've really gotten into British television as a whole, but haven't delved too much into the comedy yet. I loved The IT Crowd, but that's as far as I've gotten (someone mentioned Doctor Who so if that counts then I love that as well). I'm running through the U.S. version of The Office right now, going to check out the Brit version next.

They once upon a time used to have the GOAT humor... Monty Python, Benny Hill, Black Adder and Mr. Bean... now not equally much (imo)
    Last edited by pauk; 11-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    I've really gotten into British television as a whole, but haven't delved too much into the comedy yet. I loved The IT Crowd, but that's as far as I've gotten (someone mentioned Doctor Who so if that counts then I love that as well). I'm running through the U.S. version of The Office right now, going to check out the Brit version next.
    The Office US version drags after season 5. Gabe becomes one of the highlights for me of the new characters. Sucks he hasn't appeared on season 9 yet.

The Office UK version is much shorter and much better. You'll see a huge quality difference between both once you've seen the UK version.

This is coming from someone who used to think the US version was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    Guess I'm going to have to check this show out.
    Its my all time favorite television comedy. Amazing.

a lot of good shows mentioned

nevermind the buzzcocks, and peep show might be my favorite comedy shows

another one that i didnt see mentioned is the mighty boosh. its completely absurd, and im sure a lot of people will hate it, but i think its hilarious. one of teh team captains from nevermind the buzzcocks (noel fielding) starred in it.

also, green wing. its about a new doctor in a hospital, its pretty absurd too, but in a different way. id highly recommend you give it a go. definitely not for everybody though
    Last edited by chips93; 11-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Banned

Here's a pro-tip for Netflix subscribers:

Download this: http://www.expatshield.com

It's free. When you run it and connect, it masks your IP address to appear like you're in the UK.

If you visit Netflix while connected, it will automatically serve you all of the movies and shows they get that we don't.

I originally installed this to stream the Olympics in HD on the BBC over the summer.

Just make sure you disconnect when you're done so that you don't have any issues with other sites not supporting UK viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Here's a pro-tip for Netflix subscribers:

Download this: http://www.expatshield.com

It's free. When you run it and connect, it masks your IP address to appear like you're in the UK.

If you visit Netflix while connected, it will automatically serve you all of the movies and shows they get that we don't.

I originally installed this to stream the Olympics in HD on the BBC over the summer.

Just make sure you disconnect when you're done so that you don't have any issues with other sites not supporting UK viewers.
    Oh man what a great tool fam. I had never heard of this and I just used it and it let me stream and download the most recent episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks. This will be a very helpful app as I don't have to wait for stuff to hit torrent sites or anything cause I can just go and download them from their websites. Thank you greatly, that saved me a lot of time.

Decent college freshman

anyone remember the classic Brit comedy Yes Minister?

that was a great show

I also like brit dramas like Luther and Downton Abbey

I'm going to use this to discuss British comedy.

Check out the Not Going Out special they aired on the Children In Need 2012 yesterday. It's only 5 minutes and it's really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKr9GZPCWAQ

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
    I'm going to use this to discuss British comedy.

Check out the Not Going Out special they aired on the Children In Need 2012 yesterday. It's only 5 minutes and it's really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKr9GZPCWAQ
    laughter tracks put me off.

Yeah, that seems to put off some people, but in Not Going Out's side it's a mix of laugh tracks and live audience, you might still want to check it out, Lee's one of the funniest guys out there.

   

ah, i just discovered this site.

it's like frinkiac, except instead of the simpsons, it handles parks and recreation, peep show, the office (original series) and other classics.

My personal favorite might be: Life's too short

Hilarious

The old series of the office.

Other than that, not really.