Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Default Re: Hawthorne Police Arrest Photographer and Kill His Dog (NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Both sides made mistakes. I mean the guy provoked the cops by filming them and not doing what he should be doing. He didn't even secure the dog inside his car. The cops have the right to do what they did to the guy and the killing of the dog was just the result of the carelessness of the owner.

And about the killing of the dog, it's completely justified. What would you do if a hostile dog tried to attack you and you can't just run but you have a gun? Just let it bite you? No. You shoot it for your own or other people's safety. I was just wondering why they don't have a taser to use or let the owner get his pet calmed, though. The cops hold some of the blame but it's mostly the owner's fault. Still, I feel bad for the dog, and for the cops who are now in the hot seat because the general public blame them for the killing of them dog when it was the owners fault that his pet got killed.
    Again, there were so many other ways, some that you listed that this could have been handled. I don't blame the cop if he just got scared shitless and he regrets it and gets suspended, but for people to say its "Justified" wtf lol.

That's like saying we should all pack some heat, next time we go to pet a dog and it barks at us, just pump it full of bullets. Not even shoot a warning shot, just put it out its misery for defending itself. It's self defense for us and its justified. That dog shouldn't be mean and should be more understanding of my intentions.

Holy **** there's some dumbasses on this forum lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    Again, there were so many other ways, some that you listed that this could have been handled. I don't blame the cop if he just got scared shitless and he regrets it and gets suspended, but for people to say its "Justified" wtf lol.

That's like saying we should all pack some heat, next time we go to pet a dog and it barks at us, just pump it full of bullets. Not even shoot a warning shot, just put it out its misery for defending itself. It's self defense for us and its justified. That dog shouldn't be mean and should be more understanding of my intentions.

Holy **** there's some dumbasses on this forum lol.
    If you are doing police work and a random rottweiler is being very hostile towards you and interrupting your work. Then yeah pump it full of bullets.

People forget this is a rottweiler. That breed is very protective.

9er isn't a troll? I was just hoping for his sake that he was a troll. Damn!

Anyways, that guy should get his ass kicked for putting his dog in that situation. He's the reason why the dog is dead. Not gonna blame the cops for this one.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    The awkward moment UPS, FedEx, Post Office employees, and others across the country handle dogs more effectively, and far less violently, than trained officers...
    Yup. We should be allowed to carry guns now and shoot dogs for interrupting our work.

i've never had a pet, not a dog person at all, but f*ck every one who is giving the blame to the owner in this thread. i dont what kind of world you live in, but this whole "if he wasnt there, his dog wouldn't have been shot" mentality is retarded.

keep making excuses for trigger happy cops like they don't reside in your area, what a bunch of f*ck tards. its getting so bad out here, n*ggas are going to have to buy bulletproof vests for their dogs man.. god damn.

What's next? Cops letting off a clip into someone's fish tank?

fact is they are trained to handle pressure packed situations, yet they are blasting away dogs when they could have just had the owner calm down and restrain his own pet?

Not shocked to see cops do something like that. They can be very reckless at times.. tasing old women and children... Punching females in the face.. Shooting dogs.. just acting like idiots

Cops are generally out of control.. Its ridiculous.. There are many ways to handle the situation without killing the dog, but cops are like that nowadays. Not all cops are out of control, but way too many of them are.

People in here defending them wont get it until their reckless behavior affects you

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If you say so
    Well, I didn't see the cops shoot a dog that was simply walking on the street or even just barking at them. I saw a dog trying to attack cops that were detaining the idiot who wasn't careful enough to prevent this incident from escalating.

I agree, cops are scum and they have done a lot of ****ed up shit recently but this incident is not one of them. I do agree that the cop could have simply tazzed the dog or tried to restrain it I guess, but at the same time he was just protecting himself. You guys are acting like the cop came to the car opened the door and shot the dog for no reason.

Did the dog not try to attack the cops while they were doing their job?
    How the hell can you blame the cop in this situation and not the owner is beyond me. You can say it was excessive and I'd agree but I don't think it's unnecessary. Cop was protecting himself and they never asked that idiot to provoke them. They didn't even pay attention to him until he started to instigate them further.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    i've never had a pet, not a dog person at all, but f*ck every one who is giving the blame to the owner in this thread. i dont what kind of world you live in, but this whole "if he wasnt there, his dog wouldn't have been shot" mentality is retarded.

keep making excuses for trigger happy cops like they don't reside in your area, what a bunch of f*ck tards. its getting so bad out here, n*ggas are going to have to buy bulletproof vests for their dogs man.. god damn.

What's next? Cops letting off a clip into someone's fish tank?

fact is they are trained to handle pressure packed situations, yet they are blasting away dogs when they could have just had the owner calm down and restrain his own pet?
    A good cop probably would have done that.
    I don't agree with the rest of your post.

If you were being attacked by a rottweiler and had a gun, and you felt like your life was in danger, would you not protect yourself by shooting it? You guys are angry because you're speculating the cops motives; and I'd agree if his motive was just to be trigger happy then I'd blame the cop but from that video maybe we should leave speculations out of it. The situation does seem like the cop was protecting himself from an angry dog.

The owner was an idiot, end of story.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 07-04-2013 at 11:55 AM.

your whole reasoning is retarded. a cop is going to run into idiots and knuckleheads, that's expected going into the damn job.

keep giving these guys a pass and blame people like the dog's owner....that's expected but if something should ever happen to you because you step out of pocket....remember this.

im still trying to figure out what he did that would ever allow you to blame him for his dog getting shot. what if it was his child? what would you say then?

its so sad...using LETHAL FORCE is considered protecting himself now? as if there aren't any measures to keep safe in between doing nothing and killing people/dogs?

come on man

wish i could live without accountability like some of these cops

your whole reasoning is retarded. a cop is going to run into idiots and knuckleheads, that's expected going into the damn job.

keep giving these guys a pass and blame people like the dog's owner....that's expected but if something should ever happen to you because you step out of pocket....remember this.

im still trying to figure out what he did that would ever allow you to blame him for his dog getting shot. what if it was his child? what would you say then?

its so sad...using LETHAL FORCE is considered protecting himself now? as if there aren't any measures to keep safe in between doing nothing and killing people/dogs?

come on man

If it's his child then it's not okay. Simple as that.

It's not protecting himself. If you are doing police work and a random rottweiler is being very hostile towards you and interrupting your work as well as compromising the safety of the people around it, then kill it. That should be standard protocol.

come on man

So my reasoning is retarded but comparing a hostile rotty to a baby isn't?

To some people their pet are their children. You don't have to agree with that but it's the truth.

Banned

I have the sensation there is a lot of cat lover ******* in this thread.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Not shocked to see cops do something like that. They can be very reckless at times.. tasing old women and children... Punching females in the face.. Shooting dogs.. just acting like idiots

Cops are generally out of control.. Its ridiculous.. There are many ways to handle the situation without killing the dog, but cops are like that nowadays. Not all cops are out of control, but way too many of them are.

People in here defending them wont get it until their reckless behavior affects you
    Yeah but they guy kind of bought it on himself. Who when they see armed robbers barricade themselves in their victims house and surrounded by cops drives close to the cops and blares loud music at them. Then gets out and asks the cops about the lack of diversity (a legitimate question almost any other time). Then he refuses to leave or turn down his music. I am sorry I dont think a reasonable person does that, in that situation.

To the people saying he got arrested because he was filming the cops, well why weren't other people filming arrested?

I know people who are cops, they aren't superhuman mixed martial artists who can handle anything. Die hard/Super Cop/Lethal weapon/etc are just movies. Cops get scared all the time, they are human. When confronting armed robbers they are going to be super tense no matter what (you would be too). Also cops don't want to get bitten by a rottweiler. If that bit hits nerves/tendons, it could change a persons life.

There are lots of cases where cops behave unreasonably (Eg that cop in that beat a latino kid for saying he needed a warrant to enter his car), this wasn't one of them.