Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm about 2 hours in, my review: Yep, it's good.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I'm about 2 hours in, my review: Yep, it's good.
    Full version already??

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Full version already??
    It got released at 3pm on the 10th here in Australia.

Now at 5:20am on the 11th I'm finally about to go to bed after playing since the second it came out.

It's not even possible to hype this game up enough so I'm not even gonna try.
    Best game ever made period. If you like video games and don't have ADD, you MUST buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    It got released at 3pm on the 10th here in Australia.

Now at 5:20am on the 11th I'm finally about to go to bed after playing since the second it came out.

It's not even possible to hype this game up enough so I'm not even gonna try.
    Best game ever made period. If you like video games and don't have ADD, you MUST buy this.

I feel like I'm staring at the judges scores for the gold medalist of any event at the olympics. I really didn't expect anything less then high grades across the board but it's still very nice to see that it's living up to the immense hype it's received.

And damn you Aussies for being ahead of the game lol

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

My first and basic impressions so far:

- The sound and music is great. The voice acting also seems much improved since Oblivion.

- The distant landscapes looks great. The overall artistic look of the world is pretty good.

- The individual textures aren't anything special. Things like swords, armor and other items up close don't look as great as you'd expect. I saw better in the Witcher 2.

- The PC version is just a lazy console-port with apparently no optimization for a PC. The menus are a chore to navigate because it seems like using the mouse hasn't been fully integrated. That's completely unacceptable. Once again, gamers will have to rely on mods to play this game in its full potential.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

- The PC version is just a lazy console-port with apparently no optimization for a PC. The menus are a chore to navigate because it seems like using the mouse hasn't been fully integrated. That's completely unacceptable. Once again, gamers will have to rely on mods to play this game in its full potential.
    Man, this hurts to read. Thank heaven for modders.

I'm going to start "buying" this tonight. Wink wink nudge nudge. So excited to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    My first and basic impressions so far:

- The sound and music is great. The voice acting also seems much improved since Oblivion.

- The distant landscapes looks great. The overall artistic look of the world is pretty good.

- The individual textures aren't anything special. Things like swords, armor and other items up close don't look as great as you'd expect. I saw better in the Witcher 2.

They went from 15 to 70+ voice actors so the voice acting improvement is to be expected. Thanks for info dude. There is something I want to know in particular if you can help me. Are the companions useful? I was told you can get companions like Fallout 3/Vegas.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

They went from 15 to 70+ voice actors so the voice acting improvement is to be expected. Thanks for info dude. There is something I want to know in particular if you can help me. Are the companions useful? I was told you can get companions like Fallout 3/Vegas.
    I've barely scratched the surface of the game. During the opening sequence you are fighting along some other prisoners and it makes it all kinda easy. I put at the hardest difficulty but let the NPCs be the cannon fodder while I sliced people in the back. I feel like I should be struggling more at the start of a game but I might have to give it some time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Personally I don't play a game like Skyrim to be challenged. I play it to have a good time exploring a huge world and doing very interesting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Personally I don't play a game like Skyrim to be challenged. I play it to have a good time exploring a huge world and doing very interesting things.
    Same.

Banned

Oblivion is one of my games ever, played through on the PC and 360

which version should I get though?

also, how are the combat mechanics? the fighting in oblivion didn't make me feel like I was some all powerful warrior on a quest to save the world

im 45.1% away from "buying" this game....