Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Default Re: TRADE: Hornets sending Okafor and Ariza to Wizards for Rashard Lewis, 2nd rounder

Posted this on another forum:

Honestly love the trade for Washington.

Seems like a "Transformers" trade...there's more to it than meets the eye.

I think they're gonna try to put themselves in position to maybe trade Okafor+#3 for Bynum or something big like that.

Not saying the Lakers go for it or if Bynum is even the target but it seems like they have ulterior motives like trading Nene+#3 or Okafor+#3, likely Nene since his contract is longer.

This way they can easily sign a FA SG to put next to Wall.

Maybe even Okafor +#3 or Nene +#3 for Perkins & Harden?

Default Re: TRADE: Hornets sending Okafor and Ariza to Wizards for Rashard Lewis, 2nd rounder

As hornets fan, im happy for this trade. Now we are moving. We have cap space and Hopefully we draft a good pg at #10. If lewis will play like he was with 2009 Magic, i can see us making a run for playoffs.

Default Re: DraftExpress: Okafor & Arizona traded for Rashard Lewis & #46

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    just because they traded for ariza doesnt mean that they wont draft MKG, they would be retarded to think ariza is a long term solution at SF. ariza is garbage, and not somebody you wanna build around. they should still draft mkg
    Wash drafted Jan Vesely (6th) and Chris Singleton (18) last draft. You then trade for Ariza who will be there for atleast a season (maybe 2 if he doesnt opt out). Turning around and drafting MGK wouldnt make sense. Sure he's talented in comparison to those 3. But what do you do with the others?

Meanwhile your SG position Jordon Crawford. Who else? Roger Mason, Mo Evans? Come on.

Damn, and I really wanted to see Wall run the fast break with MKG as well. Next move is to amnest Blatche. And the Wizards should be at least decent within 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jcyrus10
    If lewis will play like he was with 2009 Magic, i can see us making a run for playoffs.
    No chance New Orleans makes the playoffs, unless the Unibrow turns into Shaq. Lewis will probably be bought out anyway..........

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Not sure what Washington is doing. Clogs their cap for 2 more years, makes them decent at best. Nene and Okafor is a decent front line but it's not winning anything. It could miss the playoffs still. And they found a way to clog their cap even longer than the Lewis contract did.
    Not everything is about winning a championship. Sometimes you just want to get better and change the culture. You want to surround Wall with some established players so he can learn and also so he'll stay there. That old Washington situation was toxic.

Default Re: DraftExpress: Okafor & Arizona traded for Rashard Lewis & #46

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wash drafted Jan Vesely (6th) and Chris Singleton (18) last draft. You then trade for Ariza who will be there for atleast a season (maybe 2 if he doesnt opt out). Turning around and drafting MGK wouldnt make sense. Sure he's talented in comparison to those 3. But what do you do with the others?

Meanwhile your SG position Jordon Crawford. Who else? Roger Mason, Mo Evans? Come on.
    isnt vesely a pf?

i still dont think having ariza and singleton justifies not taking the better prospect

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Not everything is about winning a championship. Sometimes you just want to get better and change the culture. You want to surround Wall with some established players so he can learn and also so he'll stay there. That old Washington situation was toxic.
    changing the culture is a necessity for winning a championship

The Wizards have a pretty good front court now, if Beal/Barnes turns out to be a good SG for them then they definitely could be a surprise team next year.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillyJakk

I think they're gonna try to put themselves in position to maybe trade Okafor+#3 for Bynum or something big like that.

Not saying the Lakers go for it or if Bynum is even the target but it seems like they have ulterior motives like trading Nene+#3 or Okafor+#3, likely Nene since his contract is longer.

Wow, wonder what Laker fans think of those trades? They're very interesting, maintains a good frontcourt and adds a young potential franchise player for Bynum. And obviously makes the Wizards very dangerous if they can find a good FA SG.

Certified ISHiot.

I like Seraphin. Ariza hasn't had a good game in three years. Wizards should've kept the cap space.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Look at the money for Washington. It is nearly 20 mil a year for a 11/8 guy and a 10/5 guy. I think thats poor spending. I think Okafor is solid but would be a good guy on a contender not a fringe playoff team. The problem is the only place his contract fits is on a poor or mediocre team. Ariza and Wall will be an exposive combo in more than 1 way. I'm sure there will be some highlights but they will battle on a nightly basis for taking the most shots and making bad decisions.

New Orleans really has set itself up well long-term. Davis, & #10 pick plus the possibility of resigning Gordon and LOTS of money. When they cut Lewis, they will be among the best teams financially and lots of young parts in Aminu, Vasquez and Henry.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Like most trades, this is a good trade for both teams.
    I like what Washington is doing here... bringing in solid, hard working, high-character veterans to set examples and actually contribute.
    They will be improved next year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WillyJakk

i only like that if its a 3 team trade and that goes to nets and lakers get DWil. we need to win now, no time for a rookie

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Seraphin looks like a good player. So he'll be buried behind two veterans who aren't getting any better. They traded into mediocrity You don't want to be mediocre. You want to be good or suck. Mediocre gets you midlevel picks. They are no closer to being good than they were last year.

I get the idea, but why Okafor and Ariza? THey are both so meh...