Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: should Pete Rose be in the hall of fame?

Honestly, Steroids should be allowed in Baseball. It is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    What does that have to do with Pete Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    What does that have to do with Pete Rose?
    Barry Bonds.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Steroids are for betas who are unsure of their own genetics.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Steroids are for betas who are unsure of their own genetics. Babe Ruth > all

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Betting on your team to win means nothing. And if you think it doesnt happen all the time you are lying to yourself. Players in all sports admit it. Michael Jordan was a gambling addict. You think he never bet that he was gonna win a basketball game? That dude cheats at go fish, bets the virginity of women he barely knows, and played poker till 8am on game days with the dream team because he cant quit once he gets going. He used to bet on whos bags would come out first at the airport and tip the bag boy to make sure he won....

But im to assume he didnt bet on the great passion of his life? Where he got so much of his sense of self worth and pride?

Id bet my life Michael Jordan gambled on basketball. And as a Bulls fan....**** it. Jordan was too competitive to lose anything on purpose.

Pete Rose was by all accounts similar. He was maniac of a competitor.

Unless someone proves he bet against his team....giving him reason to throw a game?

He should be in the HOF. The all time hits leaders is a hall of famer. Being out for lying?

Oh my...Pete Rose tells lies...like every person on Earth. How terrible...

Cheating matters to me. Lying doesnt. Hes a baseball player not the president.

His lies do nothing to society that matters.

Ive lied to people I love. Im gonna demonize a guy for lying to fans he doesnt know after he gave his blood, sweat, and tears to entertain and win for them for a quarter century?

Pete Rose gave more to the game than he could ever remove with lies.

I knew people who didnt even like baseball who repped Pete rose. Pete rose played like the baseball Allen Iverson. Gave all he had.

You watch old tapes people are telling their kids "Thats how you play the game!"

Hes a hall of famer. He didnt cheat to accomplish what he did. People who did...are in the HOF. Mickey Mantle was on speed(and said more than half of baseball was too).....a PED then and now. All kinds of cheating pitchers in the hall.

Ty Cobb was a cheater, a racist, a bully, and I believe caught an attempted murder charge for beating a black security guard near death....oh...and of course he himself bet on baseball. There are letters proving he bet on the fixed 1919 world series...because he probably knew it was fixed.

Hes in the HOF and is never coming out.

But Pete Rose would bring that sacred institution down....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Betting on your team to win means nothing. And if you think it doesnt happen all the time you are lying to yourself. Players in all sports admit it. Michael Jordan was a gambling addict. You think he never bet that he was gonna win a basketball game? That dude cheats at go fish, bets the virginity of women he barely knows, and played poker till 8am on game days with the dream team because he cant quit once he gets going. He used to bet on whos bags would come out first at the airport and tip the bag boy to make sure he won....

But im to assume he didnt bet on the great passion of his life? Where he got so much of his sense of self worth and pride?

Id bet my life Michael Jordan gambled on basketball. And as a Bulls fan....**** it. Jordan was too competitive to lose anything on purpose.

Pete Rose was by all accounts similar. He was maniac of a competitor.

Unless someone proves he bet against his team....giving him reason to throw a game?

He should be in the HOF. The all time hits leaders is a hall of famer. Being out for lying?

Oh my...Pete Rose tells lies...like every person on Earth. How terrible...

Cheating matters to me. Lying doesnt. Hes a baseball player not the president.

His lies do nothing to society that matters.

Ive lied to people I love. Im gonna demonize a guy for lying to fans he doesnt know after he gave his blood, sweat, and tears to entertain and win for them for a quarter century?

Pete Rose gave more to the game than he could ever remove with lies.

I knew people who didnt even like baseball who repped Pete rose. Pete rose played like the baseball Allen Iverson. Gave all he had.

You watch old tapes people are telling their kids "Thats how you play the game!"

Hes a hall of famer. He didnt cheat to accomplish what he did. People who did...are in the
    HOF. Mickey Mantle was on speed(and said more than half of baseball was too).....a PED then and now. All kinds of cheating pitchers in the hall.

Ty Cobb was a cheater, a racist, a bully, and I believe caught an attempted murder charge for beating a black security guard near death....oh...and of course he himself bet on baseball. There are letters proving he bet on the fixed 1919 world series...because he probably knew it was fixed.

Hes in the HOF and is never coming out.

But Pete Rose would bring that sacred institution down....