Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: The best online free vertical jump program?

I found a web site called madskillz mansion. Google it and click on the one that says madskillz mansion: vertical leap. Look over those and tell me which program would give me the best gains.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore ABPrints's Avatar

I'll go through those later and see what looks good. Otherwise, when looking for a program, anything long term that does NOT promise outrageuos results is what you want to look for, anything else is marketing.

Whenever you can look over those would be great.

Thank you.. :)

1. Air Alert II

2. Air Alert III

3. Hip-Hops

4. 50 inch vert program*

5. Mad Game (includes Mad Bounce and Mad Handles)

6. Jump Attack

7. Mad Hops Program

8. Scott's Creation Jumping Program

9. Air Force 11*

10. Anti Gravity

11. Own The Airways*

12. Drus Program*

13. Vertical Greatness

14. 10 inches in 8 weeks

15. STS - Strength through Science Part 1

16. Skys The Limit

17. Vince Carter's Vert program*

18. Max Vert In Min Time

19. Five Star Jumping Program

20. HpStar_2K2*

21. Kangaroo Hops

22. Crazy Vertical

23. Phi Slamma Jamma Program

24. R.V. SLAM DUNK Training Program

25. Ultimate Program

26. 50 Day Program

27. Vertical Jump Training Workout (Pro)

28. Plyometrics for all levels

29. Spudd Webb Program

30. Steve Francis Calf Pyramid (Below Spudd Webb)

31. Shane Hopz Calf Workout (Below Steve Francis)

32. OTA Secret Program (Below Shane Hopz)

That's what I found on the Madskillz Mansion website. Like mentioned above, anything that's like GAIN 50 inches in a week or something like that is probably unrealistic, and pure marketing.

I can't really give you an exact program on to what to do, because I don't know how well developed you are right now. Some problem I personally have with these programs is that they only seem to stress the lower body, and none/orlittle work on the upper body which is around %10-20 related to how high you can jump.

I don't think anyone can say which one is the best for you, because you may need to do some exercises more on your calfs etc. For increasing my vertical, I made my own program and I'm getting great effects. You just gotta know how much your own body can take, for example in my own case I'm much weaker in the hamstrings than the quads. You don't want to have huge quads/hamstrings without having some solid calfs to support. BALANCE.

That's the link btw if anyone wants to check out to the Madskillz Mansion.
    http://www.highflyerz5.bravehost.com/VerticalLeap.html

Learning to shoot layups

I don't think any of those programs are that great either. I think you have the mentality that the more complicated the program is, the better the results will be. I know I had that same mentality around your age. All you really need to do right now is work on running faster and jumping higher, as well as working on your skills. Run 10 and 20 meter sprints and try to get those faster each week. Do agility work and try to do those faster too. Each .01 of a second counts. Do 2 legged and 1 legged stand still and running jumps and get those higher each week. Each little 8th of an inch counts. Even if you play another sports to get faster and all that, it will help. When you get a little older, probably a couple of years when you're 15-16ish, you can do more complicated stuff, but even then, simple is generally better. Just do something as simple as keep on trying to grab the rim will help you. Just do "explosive" training. No conditioning unless you're on a team right now. It's all about speed right now until a month or 2 before your next season, which is when you'll start conditioning again.

and do not underestimate the importance of a good diet and a full nights sleep every night.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore ABPrints's Avatar

I agree there is a lot of great FREE info on the web. There are two keys to this however, knowing what is good info and knowing how to apply it to your specific needs...the latter being the most important as "a bad program done well will always trump a great program done poorly".

Well there are a ton of great ones out there. We at flying101 however will be offering a free program so hang tight. It works great.

If you want good gains the right way, http://www.strengthcats.com/basketba...pre-season.htm

do the off season or pre-season workouts coupled with a little extra cardio (even with the pylos they left that out a little bit...) and your gonna be in great shape when ball time rolls around

Saw a basketball once

hmm. i have a simular issue but i should be able to dunk but just can't

Height:6'5"
    Weight:175lbs
    Standing reach:8'3"
    Standing vert:24"
    Running vert:unknown"

i just can't dunk no matter what i have been doing... i can stand next to the hoop and jump without taking a step and easily get 4 inches over the rim. Bu when i run and jump i just cant't dunk. It seem as when i runa nd jump i don't go any higher than when i just use a vertical leap.

any help?

Quote Originally Posted by amlaero

i just can't dunk no matter what i have been doing... i can stand next to the hoop and jump without taking a step and easily get 4 inches over the rim. Bu when i run and jump i just cant't dunk. It seem as when i runa nd jump i don't go any higher than when i just use a vertical leap.
    Your problem is that your a jumper and not a leaper. MJ was a leaper. Shaq was a jumper. I used to have nearly the same problem as you. At 6'4" I could two hand throw down a volleyball with dropstep but when it came to go ahead dunks on the run I could'nt get the ball through the hoop. I fixed it by finding adjustable hoops and working on technique flying through the air on the 9'10" rim.