Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: 2011-12 Jazz could play big-man musical chairs

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Offer them Jefferson or Okur.
    I don't see anything the Pacers would have to offer for Millsap unless it was Darren Collison or Roy Hibbert, and I don't see either of those guys being offered. My worst thought was they'd do Hansbrough and a 1st rounder, which would suck beyond all known suckage.

Jefferson you'd take what you could get since he's expendable. Same with Okur.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

The Jazz are shopping Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, according to league executives.

The Jazz appear eager to build their frontcourt around the younger combination of Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors.

I don't see anything the Pacers would have to offer for Millsap unless it was Darren Collison or Roy Hibbert, and I don't see either of those guys being offered.
    They did get Hill from SA so they could possibly offer up Hill or Collison.

My worst thought was they'd do Hansbrough and a 1st rounder, which would suck beyond all known suckage.
    If they trade him they better get more than that. He and his contract are too good.

Former Jazz reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko plans to return to the United States in the hopes of signing with an NBA team once the lockout ends.
    Fesenko, who played for Ukraine during EuroBasket 2011, will be an unrestricted free agent after the collective bargaining agreement is approved. He is living in his home country and has nearly recovered from an offseason knee injury.

Brian T. Smith

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I wonder how much out of shape Fesenko is, doesn't strike me as someone who would be working hard as hell to get back into game shape.

Well he is a free agent so that might have motivated him? He's a stiff. Better concentrate his efforts on somewhere other than the NBA.

Derrick Williams: Was working out with Enes Kanter today .. Looks good Utah ! Y'all got a good player coming to you guys! Twitter

Brian T. Smith: Kirilenko received more interest than expected. Some calls were obviously exploratory. But there was interest from many teams. Twitter
    Why wouldn't many teams have interest?

You are a free agent now. Do you stay in Russia or come back to the NBA? Kirilenko: Before Dec. 9th I will listen to offers from the NBA. I am happy in CSKA and it will be a tough decision. Utah Jazz is in my heart and is on the priority list. I will look at everything on the table. You know here in Russia my kids are in school, the team is great and I have been playing really well. It will be a difficult decision. Deseret News
    The fact that he wants to be in Utah unlike most people has to be taken into consideration to.

Hansen: How many more years do you want to play? Kirilenko: I would like to play three or four more years. I feel have enough juice left for that many more years at a high level. After three to four years I don't know if I will be able to play at my highest level. Deseret News

Banned

I'd like AK back just because he's been with the franchise forever, but he's not worth much, and I'm sure someone will overpay for him. If they got him in the 2-4 million range... I guess that's fine, but he's always injured and really not a very good player in the first place.
    Also, they need to free up some time for Jeremy Evans to play. They'll probably have 4 Bigs in front of him, so I don't know when he'll ever get a real chance.
    Last edited by magnax1; 12-02-2011 at 10:37 PM.

AK's not very good?

Does Evans deserve to play or is he just an spot energy guy like Price? Can always send Evans to the D-league to get him time.

Jazz rookie center Enes Kanter is expected to arrive in Salt Lake City on Tuesday and be ready for the start of training camp Friday, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.

Kanter was the No. 3 overall pick during the 2011 NBA Draft. The unsigned rookie big man will take a physical and go through medical tests before camp begins. He is in good health and no holdups are expected.
    Brian T. Smith

I can't believe that they're shopping Milsap. He's been nothing but good for the Jazz organization. Unless somebody comes to them with some kind of godfather like offer. They should keep the guy and count thier blessings to have him. Who knows whether Kanter and Favors will pan out.