Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: MLK's niece on viral hoodie image: 'Martin Luther King Jr. would not wear a hoodie

There are good and bad people of all color, and it's dumb to judge an individual by their color. But I'd like to see more individual black people stand up against the non-sense going on. The statistics on black crime are pretty atrocious. I know blacks are more likely to be arrested/convicted for the same crime a white person gets away with. But when black people are charged with murder only slightly less than whites, while having less than half the population, that is just insane.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...3/10tbl43a.xls

We need a nice guy revolution in this country. Why can't we all just be cool to each other?

As a white person I think black people have a lot of shit shoveled on them by the government, like the drug war and racism in the legal system. Slavery obviously. But at a certain point, individuals need to take responsibility. The fact that we have hoods in America like what goes on in Chicago is a disgrace. Where are the individuals who will stop the finger pointing, because I can also tell you as a white person.. it's getting to the point where reverse racism is no longer a silly overreaction by white people. IMO.

Default Re: MLK's niece on viral hoodie image: 'Martin Luther King Jr. would not wear a hoodie

This is random but I was on ChatRoulette like a year ago and got matched up with a black kid in his early 20's. And I got the urge to say, "dude, why can't we all just get along? Whites, blacks." I said it, and he looked at me and laughed and was like "Bro, I was just thinking the EXACT SAME THING." And we had a pretty cool conversation for a few minutes.

I do believe that there's some sort of collective nature to humans. I don't think it was a coincidence that we were both thinking that at the same time. I think there's a sense between the younger people of both generations to just let go of all the non-sense.

But for that to work both sides have to meet in the middle. Stop fighting like this about George Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    There are good and bad people of all color, and it's dumb to judge an individual by their color. But I'd like to see more individual black people stand up against the non-sense going on. The statistics on black crime are pretty atrocious. I know blacks are more likely to be arrested/convicted for the same crime a white person gets away with. But when black people are charged with murder only slightly less than whites, while having less than half the population, that is just insane.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...3/10tbl43a.xls

We need a nice guy revolution in this country. Why can't we all just be cool to each other?

As a white person I think black people have a lot of shit shoveled on them by the government, like the drug war and racism in the legal system. Slavery obviously. But at a certain point, individuals need to take responsibility. The fact that we have hoods in America like what goes on in Chicago is a disgrace. Where are the individuals who will stop the finger pointing, because I can also tell you as a white person.. it's getting to the point where reverse racism is no longer a silly overreaction by white people. IMO.

A couple of things..

If you want to see blacks stand up against the problems in their neighborhoods? there are a ton of programs and intiatives, groups designed to combat it. All you have to do is LOOK for it joe.. its not going to fall into your lap.. Go look at every white guy's favorite boogeyman AL sharpton's web page... Look and see how many programs he has to fight black on black crime..

Do some real research and stop whining

Secondly... There is no such thing as "reverse racism"

Racism is racism.. Whether it be against whites or blacks or Asians or whatever... It is called racism

Very good NBA starter

This will conveniently be ignore because it doesn't fit into an agenda.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    :
    If you want to see blacks stand up against the problems in their neighborhoods? there are a ton of programs and intiatives, groups designed to combat it. All you have to do is LOOK for it joe.. its not going to fall into your lap.. Go look at every white guy's favorite boogeyman AL sharpton's web page... Look and see how many programs he has to fight black on black crime..

You are right, the stuff is out there.

So the next, and more important question is.... Why isn't it working?

Not trying to be glib. Trying to be serious. This is obviously a very important question for everyone. It has to be answered. BOTH sides have to take responsibility. And personally I feel that at this point in time, in 2013, especially when you consider how hard Democrats are trying to get resources to the black community... the "white" side (and i dont mean obvious backwoods racists in kentucky), but white politicians and white voters who participate in politics etc. are being very very politically correct with things like affirmative action, minority scholarships and grants, various social assistances... I mean I think "America" (which is predominantly white) is doing a lot. The results still aren't there. There really does have to be a dialogue.

Part of it is non racial too. Crime is going to exist more in cities than in rural areas, even amongst equally low income people. Obviously traditionally low-income blacks live in major cities, low-income whites live on the plains of Kansas. I think there is more temptation and more anonymity in the city which breeds crime. But still, Mexicans and Asians have been in these positions as well and not been as ridiculously prone to violence and crime. Part of it is the culture. And it simply has to change. White people are offering the incentive (scholarships, workplace diversity, motivational commercials and billboards lol etc. etc.) but they can't forcibly go in and change the culture without being decried as bigots. That's gonna take more effort from the black community itself.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
    lmao oh shit now we can't wear hoodies anymore

Whoosh, missed the point by a mile.

Assuming you're a male:
    It's like if someone photoshopped a picture of you wearing a skirt, and in context, it was used to demonstrate your support of feminism(despite you NOT giving consent, or have demonstrated that parallel of very support).

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

The cracka ass crackas from OKC on "Street Outlaws" wear hoodies all the time. You know hoodies gone mainstream now.