Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Davis Using Steroids??

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Interesting, do you know how much/when they do?
    nope

i just heard a podcast with blake griffin, and the host asked him about drug testing, and he said its a couple teams during the year, and during the off-season.

which is kinda weird to me. plenty of nba players obviously smoke weed, and they test for it, but next to none get caught with a positive test.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    Unlike guys like Durant he desperately needs to bulk up for his position. Doubtful but using HGH wouldnt surprise me.
    Davis just used EGH (Eyebrow Growth Hormone)

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    That has absolutely nothing to do with using roids. To get freakishly ripped and massive on roids, you have to have an impeccable diet along with training in the gym everyday for months while you are on your cycle (not to mention you would have to do multiple cycles).

The notion that if people use roids they will end up massive and ripped very easily is incredibly flawed. Also, "freakishly ripped" is 100% a body fat issue. It doesn't matter how much muscle you have, if you have a higher body fat percentage you wont look ripped at all. That's why powerlifters all look like fat asses when in reality they are stronger then nearly anyone on earth.

Going on a typically 3 month cycle in the off season could net you results that would take years doing it the natural way and it wouldn't make you "freakishly ripped or freakishly massive"
    well then this whole thread is moot because the only 'evidence' we have that anthony davis (or anyone for that matter) is taking some kind of ped is that he looks more muscular compared to when we last saw him

it's one thing to hint at steroid abuse in athletes if they've put on a lot of muscle over a short period time, but it's really lame to just say "everybody takes them it's obvious", especially when there's no compelling reason to suspect any basketball player. it's not like in baseball when homerun records were being annihilated every other year

Banned

There was some articles floating around here about a year ago with people commenting on NBA's drug policies. From what I recall it's one of the worst enforced policies in U.S sports and steroids are common. The argument was that they don't help basketball players because they prefer to be lean and not bulky which is complete B.S anyone who knows anything about steroids knows there is many different types which would help out basketballers ALOT. The testing cycle in the NBA lets players get away with it if they know what their doing properly.
    Davis doesn't look much different anyway, add in the fact he now has a properly diet and NO RESTRICTIONS on how many hours he can work out and I'm sure it's natural for him to grow abit at his age.

By the way, there's no game thread, but the Magic/Hornets game right now is pretty crazy. The Hornets are playing sloppier than a hooker's cootch, but somehow they might win.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

Not saying that he doesn't use steroids . . . I don't know for sure. But its really not that hard to put on muscle quickly when you're 19 and you got NBA trainers helping you out. Nothing seems suspicious to me.

For all of you thinking that you have to be ripped to be a heavy steroid user...

Exhibit A

This is actually a pretty normal, athletic physique for a young adult:

THIS is someone on roids:

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

I can't imagine too many people at the top of any sport don't use roids.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Ice Cream
    Not saying that he doesn't use steroids . . . I don't know for sure. But its really not that hard to put on muscle quickly when you're 19 and you got NBA trainers helping you out. Nothing seems suspicious to me.
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

THIS is someone on roids:
    dunno if your serious

OP
    kill yourself maggot

Im not surprised he was able to get bigger quickly you could just see by his frame he wasn't going to have trouble adding weight.

he looks exactly the same in both pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    5 months is A LOT of time if you're going to make millions and millions of dollars just to get in the workout room everyday for a movie.