Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    A few minutes of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScnfjAdeLo

Durant's jump shot looks way better

Physics look realistic

lay up animations looked pretty nice

Dribbling looks smooth
    That brightnesss gave me a headache and was difficult to get a clear visual. Maybe I need to maximize the screen.

A few minutes of gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScnfjAdeLo

Durant's jump shot looks way better

Physics look realistic

lay up animations looked pretty nice

Dribbling looks smooth
    looks ok from what I can tell

I'm always cautious of videos like this because Im really more concerned how the game plays rather than how the animations look

presentation looks great though

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

After watching the new 2K13 footage on ballhandling and different moves I think I figured out a huge reason why NBA 2k12 had such little replayability for me and in general 2K compared to Live has less replayability to me.

In the last few years of 2K (especially 2k12) they made it to where if you break a guy down.... somehow the defender (CPU) recovers immediately and you don't get rewarded for offensive moves. I can't stand like when defender simply bumps you and neutralizes your move. The new video showing crossovers and dribble moves putting the defender in a position where they can't recover quick enough is very promising and reminds me of Live. Which isn't surprising considering some of the guys from Live moved over to 2K for this year.

Point is... this physics changes should pay HUGE dividends and make the game far better to come back to all the time. Now I can get hyped off a crossover actually working... and also finally play defense better supposedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKWq7qpz_0
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-17-2012 at 10:49 AM.

I also just read that the new Isomotion style right stick can be disabled at any time which is awesome. So if it's not working out for you... you can still play 2K standard controls.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Is there anywhere with a rundown of the list of improvements/ new features?[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Is there anywhere with a rundown of the list of improvements/ new features?[/FONT]
    operationsports.com

they have a number of articles with rundowns/in-depth information as to how the game looks

Not airballing my layups anymore

From the video the lighting was actually really good, I noticed when someone on OS posted it. :P

I was surprised Durant's form actually looked realistic.

Also, it seems like defence has been improved and you actually have to use dribbling skills to get past your opponent instead of just sprinting around them. (Which is what made athletic and quick players so hard to guard.)

I'm extremely excited for the game, and hopefully I can make some time to play the game since I'll be on-campus in University.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Wait CF I thought you weren't getting 2K13 and were switching back to Live? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Wait CF I thought you weren't getting 2K13 and were switching back to Live? What happened?
    I already mentioned this in the Live thread. It was mainly by default due to Live either not coming out yet again or not even showing an interest in making a great game. It's not because I'm blown away by 2K... although some of the changes are REALLY interesting. Adding the Isomotion stick for dribbling is taking one of the things I loved most about Live and adding it to 2K. Also improving the defense a lot is a huge step in earning 100 percent loyalty from me again.

There was actually a time where from like 2000-2007 I bought both games every year.

I really hope they bring back crew. That was my favorite 2k experience.

Broken link. Do this one..

http://www.news10.net/video/default....AGE%7Cfeatured

BTW guys go here. The actual game developers and team post news here and ALL 2K news breaks here first.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/

Also... tons of people on this forum get the game up to a month early and answer questions, give reviews etc. They have a few previews from an event where people got to play the full game already too.

Here's a cool piece from a preview. Full preview here http://www.operationsports.com/previ...-vannwolfhawk/

"The driving animations and contact in the paint and on drives is awesome! LeBron feels like LeBron now. He can outmuscle a Kevin Durant in different situations as well it should be, but it was balanced where Durant could still body up and stay with him if played correctly. I would see Durant getting knocked back at times, but not the other way around when facing each other.

When LeBron would attack the rim you could feel his strength in getting to the hole. I saw some great animations with fouls that still ended up with players getting shots up. This was balanced well to as I did not see many, if any of them go in. You felt like LBJ when playing with him. There are also some great triple threat animations and bumping on the perimeter game between defender and ball handler before a dribble has been used. It is another risk/reward situation for a defender playing to close depending on skill and quickness of the player he is guarding.

The player reactions after plays, dunks, fouls have been upgraded and really draw you in more this year. You see a lot more emotion out of the players."
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 08-21-2012 at 11:38 PM.