Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Rumor: 3 Team Trade (CLE-MIN-DET): CLE get #2 too

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    pistons have stuckey(if they resign him) and bynum they don't need sessions
    Well, that is about as good as it is going to get. They aren't getting Hickson or Eyenga or Samuels.

Sessions or Gibson are probably the only guys that would be in play. If they can't use him, there are plenty of teams that could. They could flip him for a wing player or frontcourt player or maybe even a future draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Well, that is about as good as it is going to get. They aren't getting Hickson or Eyenga or Samuels.

Sessions or Gibson are probably the only guys that would be in play. If they can't use him, there are plenty of teams that could. They could flip him for a wing player or frontcourt player or maybe even a future draft pick.
    Minnesota might also put Flynn into the deal, seeing as how they make out like bandits in this deal.

Flynn, if healthy, is a big upgrade over Detroit's current point guards. He just has not been bale to be showcased properly. His one healthy year, he was running the triangle, dumb-ass Rambis.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    I see a lot of sites comparing Bismack to Ben Wallace

if he ends up that good, Kevin Love and Beasley wont have to worry about defense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_SB-ZKAhGM

Look @ him own the paint
    I see a lot of Serge Ibaka comparisons too. Might just be the Congo relation.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Sessions could be in play, here, if the Pistons want him. With Irving coming in and Baron serving as his mentor, there isn't a ton of room for Ramon on the roster.
    Is that really ideal? It's not exactly a Wizards situation with Wall and Arenas, but Baron's fat ass is about the last guy I'd want my young franchise cornerstone learning from.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Is that really ideal? It's not exactly a Wizards situation with Wall and Arenas, but Baron's fat ass is about the last guy I'd want my young franchise cornerstone learning from.
    I have to say, I was very impressed with Baron's professionalism last year. I know that he has a reputation that he definitely earned as being a malcontent, but he was nothing but a pure, class professional last season in Cleveland. I think he and Byron have developed a good relationship and Byron knows how to deal with him.... And he respects Byron.

If BD continues the way he started in Cleveland, I have no problem with him being a mentor for Kyrie.

Magic Johnson

Wouldn't it just be smarter to keep picks 1, 4, and 8? I don't see why having the first two picks in the draft would be better than that, especially since they could still get Williams at 4.

Magic Johnson

I have to say, I was very impressed with Baron's professionalism last year. I know that he has a reputation that he definitely earned as being a malcontent, but he was nothing but a pure, class professional last season in Cleveland. I think he and Byron have developed a good relationship and Byron knows how to deal with him.... And he respects Byron.

If BD continues the way he started in Cleveland, I have no problem with him being a mentor for Kyrie.
    Baron's on his best behavior both on and off the court (off the court = weight) because he doesn't want to retire in Cleveland. He's going to come into this year in shape, and I expect he'll be traded around the deadline for a pick/player.

Pelican Brief

If there is a lockout how much do u wanna bet that Baron Davis is carted into the Q on top of the Oscar Meyer Hot Dog truck. IMO he still would love to stick it to B.Scott

Terrible trade for Detroit.
    An 8th pick in a draft can be a rotation player for a decade. Paul Pierce was picked no. 10.

They should just sit out Rip Hamilton and then trade him next season. Or trade Rip for Baron Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Wouldn't it just be smarter to keep picks 1, 4, and 8? I don't see why having the first two picks in the draft would be better than that, especially since they could still get Williams at 4.
    Plus 1.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    I like the deal with Sessions added to it.

Minnesota make out like the real winners here though, turning a player (Williams) they don't need into 2 players that can fill positional needs.
    At 4, they can take Kanter and at 8 Biyombo. They may wan to take Walker or Burks with one of those picks.
    Exactly... I'm not sure why people are talking shit about the Wolves' involvement here.

Its obvious that Williams is the #2 pick.... and it should be obvious that the Wolves do not need him given their current depth chart.

Drafting anyone other than Williams at the #2 is missing a chance to trade down, get the player they want, and get an asset or two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Obviously, if the Cavs were to make this deal, it means that they were getting information indicating that there was no way that Williams is lasting until No. 4 (which I also think is a huge stretch).

Listen, if the Cavs pull the Top 2 picks in the draft simply by buying up bad contracts, I'm all for it.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I guess that's true, I'd forgotten all about Scott and him being pretty good with his PGs and keeping them happy. And I admittedly didn't follow what Baron did in Cleveland at all. Long as Irving doesn't pattern his game on the floor after him I suppose it could be a good situation.

Minny needs to trade one of the two picks they aquired. Saying this helps them draft positional needs is funny given they pretty much drafted every position except Center. Which isnt exactly strong this draft. So you get a Center (need) with one pick then the next pick is basically adding what you already have. I dont mind Minny trading the #2 pick, but they need to start turning lottery picks into proven talent. Not rolling the dice once again.

Also why do people think Derrick Williams drops to 4? No chance that happens.

3 garbage teams