Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Knife, 3-foot lead pipe, or pistol with 1 bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    Shooting someone with a gun at close range is very easy.

This isn't the matrix, in the real world people can't dodge bullets

Just take your time, aim...shoot...man down

you want to know what most can't do? Fight with a knife or club...that takes actual skill.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Hitting a moving target with a single bullet in a life or death situation would be incredibly difficult.

Real life is not like a movie or Call of Duty. All these incredible shots you see on TV don't ever happen in reality. I guarantee you if I took you to a shooting range you wouldn't hit the bullseye on a stationary piece of paper with your first shot, let alone a moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    far as the pistol, it better be a goddamn magnum with a 44 caliber at least
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Wait, how big lead pipes are we talking about here? 3 foot in diameter or length?

Can we sharpen the tip of the lead pipe?

Could we attach sharp objects into the lead pipe?

Could we have one of those lead pipes that has multiple other lead pipes on it?

Could we use the pipe as a BLOW PIPE?
    3 foot length, whichever diameter you want within reason

You can fashion the pipe however you choose, but remember that you'd have to do this during live combat in a constrained area. I guess if you steal the knife guy's weapon you can attach it, but I don't know how you'd acquire darts or needles for a blow pipe.

Can it be a .50 cal explosive/incendiary round? :)
    Standard round (maybe piercing, but I'm trying to underpower the gun in order to make all three options relatively equally attractive).

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Hitting a moving target with a single bullet in a life or death situation would be incredibly difficult.

Real life is not like a movie or Call of Duty. All these incredible shots you see on TV don't ever happen in reality. I guarantee you if I took you to a shooting range you wouldn't hit the bullseye on a stationary piece of paper with your first shot, let alone a moving target.
    I'm a gun owner and go to the range somewhat often...its you who has no idea what your talking about...do you think these guys are just going to run in circles forever? Lol

A woman can shoot a pistol...and they do

If you can't shoot someone close range with a pistol, then you are probably 10x as worthless with a malee weapon

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Just about everyone in this thread seems to think movies = RL.

Give me a gun with one bullet vs. anyone with any blunt object and I am winning 100 times out of 100...unless of course you are Neo or Agent Smith

^^^

1. handguns
    2. knives
    3. blunt objects

why are murders at different rates with different weapons? they are listed by ease of use...it's really hard to kill someone with a pipe or bat, many times that ends up with both people holding it and pulling at it...whch is why killers have more success with knives, but of course a handgun takes the cake.

Can it be a .50 cal explosive/incendiary round? :)
    You're trying too hard to showoff your weapon knowledge. And with that knife you posted, I'm sure you would be gunman's priority target and gun>>>>knife...

Gun has too much power to pass up on it imo. With gun, you have one almost certain kill and you can try to take his weapon. If you choose knife or pipe, you have 50% of getting shot.

Or unless the shooter has the brains to simply pick up the weapon of the man he just shot
    Apparently you don't have to brains to consider the guy with the pipe isn't gonna let you pick up the knife un-contested; PT just got a pipe to the skull.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Apparently you don't have to brains to consider the guy with the pipe isn't gonna let you pick up the knife un-contested; PT just got a pipe to the skull.
    This is why it's too risky to be offensive in this situation unless you are overly skilled compared to the other two guys of if the other guy is too much of a ***** to do anything after you kill your first target.

Knife, 3-foot lead pipe, or pistol with 1 bullet?

I'll say it's Professor Plum in the Conservatory with the Candlestick.

Drat! I was wrong......

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Murder rates are different because of different weapon availabilities and killing power. It's much easier to get a gun, have it in your pocket and then shoot someone than it is to bludgeon someone to death.

A gun also leaves less time for the assailant to think about their actions. One pull of the trigger and the person could die. You have to wreck someone repeatedly with a blunt object to kill them, most people would probably realize they should stop before it gets to the point of brains on the floor... Then it would just be assault charges or attempted murder.
    handguns are the hardest to aquire of the 3...but killing power was my point...A handgun is the easiest to use and the most lethal...then a knife...then a blunt object.

Blunt objects are the easiest to aquire, and the least amount of deaths...anyone can aquire a pipe or a hammer or a bat...but it is more difficult to kill someone with a blunt object than a knife which sees more murders and obviously a gun which sees the most.

Yeah it does. If this is to the death someone that was merely winged by a bullet isn't going to stop and cry about it.

The other guy would then go after the gun holder because the gun has no power once the bullet is shot. (Assuming everyone knows about the 1 bullet caveat)
    I don't know what "winged" means to you but if you are shot in the torso head or thigh you're going down unless it is a .22 calibre or something

getting shot in the arm then maybe you're right...but he is still at a disadvantage with only one arm

Gun obviously and without a question...

If you choose the gun, you're not getting shot, and who do you think the other two would go for? Who in his right mind would chose to attack a guy with a gun over a guy with a knife\pipe?

I would wait for knife vs pipe match up winner and i would kill him.

If some idiot try to attack me first, i would put a bullet in his head a proceed to pick up his knife\pipe.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Just about everyone in this thread seems to think movies = RL.
    You can tell the ones who don't shoot because they act like a gun is some magical death machine and shooting a moving target in the head with a single bullet is easy

Decent college freshman

Give me a gun with one bullet vs. anyone with any blunt object and I am winning 100 times out of 100...unless of course you are Neo or Agent Smith

^^^

1. handguns
    2. knives
    3. blunt objects

why are murders at different rates with different weapons? they are listed by ease of use...it's really hard to kill someone with a pipe or bat, many times that ends up with both people holding it and pulling at it...whch is why killers have more success with knives, but of course a handgun takes the cake.
    This is absolutely meaningless. We're talking about a cage match with multiple armed people trying to kill you, not unsuspecting murder victims.

Yeah it does. If this is to the death someone that was merely winged by a bullet isn't going to stop and cry about it.

The other guy would then go after the gun holder because the gun has no power once the bullet is shot. (Assuming everyone knows about the 1 bullet caveat)
    A bullet to about anywhere certainly will make people stop and cry about it.