Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone ever work for Footlocker/Champs/Footaction?

I'm looking to get a job at one of these stores. What are these stores looking for when hiring? Anything special?

What should I expect for pay? minimum?

How do discounts work?

Default Re: Anyone ever work for Footlocker/Champs/Footaction?

For discounts I know they give you employee appreciation every now and then which is 50% off.

From the store in my mall its pretty hard to get a job and they usually make you work a lot of hours too.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty
    For discounts I know they give you employee appreciation every now and then which is 50% off.

From the store in my mall its pretty hard to get a job and they usually make you work a lot of hours too.
    Do you still get those discounts if you work at the Kids foot locker? There's a part time opening locally.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
    I'm looking to get a job at one of these stores. What are these stores looking for when hiring? Anything special?

How do discounts work?
    One word of recommendation (Edit: WTF, recommendation, I meant advice), always know you have to be aggressive to get these jobs. When you turn in your application, wait like maybe 3 or 4 days tops and give them a call just to check if they are handing interviews. If you do get interviewed and they say we will give you a call back, ask them when you'll hear the yes from them (be confident) and you'll probably be hired.

I know this has worked great for me in the past. I was offered employment at Circuit City this summer just because of the success of my interview and the initiative I took. I ended up rejecting the job offer because I was hired by an engineering company as a field technician intern.
    Last edited by ElPigto; 07-03-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    One word of recommendation, always know you have to be aggressive to get these jobs. When you turn in your application, wait like maybe 3 or 4 days tops and give them a call just to check if they are handing interviews. If you do get interviewed and they say we will give you a call back, ask them when you'll hear the yes from them (be confident) and you'll probably be hired.

I know this has worked great for me in the past. I was offered employment at Circuit City this summer just because of the success of my interview and the initiative I took. I ended up rejecting the job offer because I was hired by an engineering company as a field technician intern.

good job not taken the Circuit City job where on the way out the door

College superstar

How do discounts work?
    Discount is serious, 30% perpetually and on occasion employee appreciation 50% off with little to no exclusions. Thing is, your hours will get cut or raised based on how many accessories you sell, not the pure #'s of sneakers or $ bought in. They'll tell you to try to sell an insole with every shoe purchase, shoe cleaner, shoe laces, crap like that. And Footlocker, FootAction, Champs, and Eastbay are all the same company as you probably know so the discount is transferable to all except Eastbay. As far as ordering shoes for yourself in your size with your discount from the .com or other stores, that all depends on your manager. In my mall, you also get a mall card that gives you a discount everywhere else in the mall too.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Discount is serious, 30% perpetually and on occasion employee appreciation 50% off with little to no exclusions. Thing is, your hours will get cut or raised based on how many accessories you sell, not the pure #'s of sneakers or $ bought in. They'll tell you to try to sell an insole with every shoe purchase, shoe cleaner, shoe laces, crap like that. And Footlocker, FootAction, Champs, and Eastbay are all the same company as you probably know so the discount is transferable to all except Eastbay. As far as ordering shoes for yourself in your size with your discount from the .com or other stores, that all depends on your manager. In my mall, you also get a mall card that gives you a discount everywhere else in the mall too.
    How are they with hours? They said part time slot was available for weekdays. How many hours should I be expecting?

Do hours and times tend to change a lot or are they set?

10-15 hours they are shady with that hours stuff ,especially if located in a mall.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsupra
    10-15 hours they are shady with that hours stuff ,especially if located in a mall.
    Per week, right? Is it the same schedule every week or does it rotate?

BTW, what are my chances:
    -I'm 17 and brown, not too ugly :)
    -Went to the best HS in the area, graduated with over 4.0
    -Going to best local university
    -Lots of volunteer experience with kids (Kids foot locker) through coaching, tutoring, teaching, and working with disabled youths
    -No work experience other than secretarial stuff for a home business (Ref available), sign waving (no ref), and some work through school (ref available).
    -I did volunteer in a program that the City runs for disabled youth and basically held the same position as a volunteer as other city employees did.
    Last edited by bigboi_baller; 07-04-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Banned

-I'm 17 and brown

disqualified

Quote Originally Posted by Denali
    disqualified
    I was going to apply to AE, but I figured I wouldn't get the job just cause of that.

Where affirmative action when you need it?

Banned

I was going to apply to AE, but I figured I wouldn't get the job just cause of that.

Where affirmative action when you need it?

heh, i was jk, i see a lot of mino's workin at footlocker and champs etc., im sure you could get hired at AE too but why bother, yeah theres prolly a ton of hot skeezers that shop there but i assume they pay ****, and they make you wear their queer as clothings to work. guys that work at AE and Abercrombie are the biggets *********s

i work at footlocker and im quitting 2mrw. **** job and the bosses are gay! discount is good only thing htat kept me there for an extra 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    i work at footlocker and im quitting 2mrw. **** job and the bosses are gay! discount is good only thing htat kept me there for an extra 6 months.
    what was the pay like?

It's an employees market out there right now. as a amanager I have a hard time hiring because people can literally walk out the interview if they don't like the pay.
    I'd pick a Champs. Better selection and bigger store. Do well my friend because I fidn the customer service in there horrible.