Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Lebron is the clear cut MVP this year:

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh

In the past two decades, only two players have shot 56+ pct from the floor on 18+ attempts per game: Shaq and LeBron.

LeBron is 20 of 21 FG (95.2 percent) in the first quarter during this 5 game streak of his.

LeBron is shooting 71.4 FG% over his last five games. Michael Jordan's best FG% over five games? 69.6 FG% back in 1988.

LeBron has shot at least 50 pct in 17 of his 19 games in 2013. Carmelo has shot 50+ pct in just 16 games this season.

List of players who can match LeBron in assists per game and 3FG% this season: Steve Nash and Jose Calderon. That's it.

Last one: LeBron is currently shooting 56 pct from the floor and 42 pct on 100+ threes. No one's ever done that.
    Try touching that

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

If the Heat win against the Thunder this thursday, he'll have a long run ahead Durant for the MVP.

Durant was ahead but what Lebron has done the past 5-10 games has put him in the lead.

7-time NBA All-Star

I've thought Lebron was the best player in the game all year, though I did have Durant ahead as MVP until this recent stretch, but I'd have to give it to Lebron at the moment. With that being said, Lebron may not get it because of his record. If Durant wins significantly more games in a tougher conference then I could easily see him getting more MVP votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    IMO MVP's MJ should have won: 1991, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998

1997: Jordan, not Malone should have won
    1988: Bird, not Jordan should have won

He also had a good case in 1990. The year Barkley won, it was Hakeem's award imo.
    Pretty much agree. I'd give Jordan the MVPs from '90-'92 and '96-'98. So he should definitely have 6, imo.

He does have a case for '88, '89 and '93, but I'd probably lean towards Bird in '88 and Hakeem in '93. Though Jordan and Magic is a good debate for '89.

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Thats not the problem though.Shaq has never been a dominant in regular season and kobe has been dominant for 2 seasons where his team sucked.Even when he won mvp back in 2008 he was no where near lebron valuable(or durant for that matter)
    Shaq was regularly dominant whenever he stepped on the court, though in many years, he missed too many games. Otherwise, he'd have had a real case for MVPs in '98 and '02.

With that being said, I thought he was easily the best player in the game in 2001, didn't miss too many games and only 1 team had a better record, so I've always thought he was truly the MVP that year. He probably would have gotten it in '95 as well had the Spurs not made that late surge and finished with a better record. Can't complain about Robinson being voted MVP and Shaq finishing 2nd, though.

And at '08 Kobe being nowhere near as valuable as Lebron or Durant. Did you watch him that year? His all around game, scoring and impact on his teammates were amazing.

I'd give Kobe the '06 MVP as well. He was clearly the best player in the game and his team overachieved given his supporting cast and what he was asked to do. Nash's Suns had a low win total compared to other MVPs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    2008 Kobe was a better player than 2008 Lebron in my opinion.
    No doubt about it, imo. Kobe was simply the best in the game that year. Paul also had a legit case for MVP, but I think Kobe deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    His previous 4 seasons were all better.
    There's no way all 4 were better. Personally, this is the best I've seen Lebron play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I've thought Lebron was the best player in the game all year, though I did have Durant ahead as MVP until this recent stretch, but I'd have to give it to Lebron at the moment. With that being said, Lebron may not get it because of his record. If Durant wins significantly more games in a tougher conference then I could easily see him getting more MVP votes.

Pretty much agree. I'd give Jordan the MVPs from '90-'92 and '96-'98. So he should definitely have 6, imo.

He does have a case for '88, '89 and '93, but I'd probably lean towards Bird in '88 and Hakeem in '93. Though Jordan and Magic is a good debate for '89.

Shaq was regularly dominant whenever he stepped on the court, though in many years, he missed too many games. Otherwise, he'd have had a real case for MVPs in '98 and '02.

With that being said, I thought he was easily the best player in the game in 2001, didn't miss too many games and only 1 team had a better record, so I've always thought he was truly the MVP that year. He probably would have gotten it in '95 as well had the Spurs not made that late surge and finished with a better record. Can't complain about Robinson being voted MVP and Shaq finishing 2nd, though.

And at '08 Kobe being nowhere near as valuable as Lebron or Durant. Did you watch him that year? His all around game, scoring and impact on his teammates were amazing.

I'd give Kobe the '06 MVP as well. He was clearly the best player in the game and his team overachieved given his supporting cast and what he was asked to do. Nash's Suns had a low win total compared to other MVPs anyway.

No doubt about it, imo. Kobe was simply the best in the game that year. Paul also had a legit case for MVP, but I think Kobe deserved it.

There's no way all 4 were better. Personally, this is the best I've seen Lebron play.
    Was this suppoused to be bold? I don't know any OKC fan here that thinks otherwise.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Was this suppoused to be bold? I don't know any OKC fan here that thinks otherwise.
    I didn't make it bold. You did. Look at my post above.

Banned

I didn't make it bold. You did. Look at my post above.
    I meant it as in a "bold" statement

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    I meant it as in a "bold" statement
    No, I was just clarifying that despite having Durant ahead as MVP until recently, I always considered Lebron the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Says a guy who's constantly doing the same thing with Kobe and the Lakers. Besides, I'm a Lakers fan if anything, so the Heat definitely aren't "my" team.

Lebron and Durant's supporting casts are certainly close, I wasn't suggesting that they weren't. I just sniffed a bit of agenda and felt like pointing it out.

Still, given the choice I'd rather have Durant's cast. It's less top heavy, but it's deeper overall and fits together twice as well.
    Wait what? What do i do with Kobe and the Lakers?

Banned

No, I was just clarifying that despite having Durant ahead as MVP until recently, I always considered Lebron the better player.
    Ah okay, well yeah I would hope people on here would know the didffrence in meaning between both but this is ISH so you have a point. Carrying on then

Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboticWang
    Voter fatigue is a real thang.

If voter fatigue didn't exist, LeBron would be a 5-Time MVP (No offense to D-Rose or KD) after this year. MVP of the league for half of his 10 year career. A 5-TIME (COUNT IT... 5- TIME) MVP in just 10 seasons. Just let that sink in...
    4 time MVP. Rose won in 10-11.

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

Lebron's been out-of-this-world-flat-out-dominate in his stretch of home games. The real test is his 4-game stretch of away games with a back-to-back.

Thunder
    Atlanta
    Chicago
    Philly

The MVP discussions can continue after that but currently, it's Lebron at #1 and Parker or Durant at #2.

How does Durant not deserve it? He has a better record than Lebron. Has less allstars on his team, he also leads the league in WS/PER 48 minutes and Win Shares while Lebron leads in PER. Not like Lebron is leading in all 3 like last year or something.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    How does Durant not deserve it? He has a better record than Lebron. Has less allstars on his team, he also leads the league in WS/PER 48 minutes and Win Shares while Lebron leads in PER. Not like Lebron is leading in all 3 like last year or something.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

My mind is still blown after reading a poster actually say LeBron's last 4 seasons were better

1. 2013
    2. 2012
    3. 2009
    4. 2010
    5. 2011

2012 and 2009 are close, but I give 2012 the edge for better post play