Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Durant played at Rucker Park, 66 points!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    66 is still 66. But watching footage of it? The defenders just watched him. Now make no mistake about it. Its hard to guard Durant as an NBA player. We've seen that. But the effort of the defenders was poor. Kinda felt like a charity game where you dont play too agressive on defense. Durant basically was shooting around like he would in a gym, only the difference here is people were on the court. 66 is still 66 and he excited the crowd in the process. Thats a win.

I've also seen footage of Durant in other parks. He basically just comes down the court and jacks up shots. Not to imply he is a chucker but explaining how he tends to score. Come down, shoot and defend. Come down, shoot and defend. He uses more energy defending than he does scoring. Effortless jumpers time and time again. Now every 6'10 or bigger kid will want to shoot like Durant.
    Did you see this shot? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SWfJe9dLG8#t=5m21s that was half court!
    Last edited by Bladers; 08-02-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Still not sure why this is a big deal. Durant could score 100 against those guys if he really wanted. These are street ball games. He should be averaging 50.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Still not sure why this is a big deal. Durant could score 100 against those guys if he really wanted. These are street ball games. He should be averaging 50.
    Pretty much.It would be something if he didn't score that much with that type of play.

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Kobe only had like 20 pts when he played at Rucker.

You still mad about Oden, brah?

4 threes against midgets....

How about 4 threes against foreigners in the same amount of time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyms4yRf2jw

A lot of haters in this thread.

I thought that shit was sick. There are plenty of guys who can come down and do some fancy dribbles and dunk against no defense. Durant comes down and just drills 4 NBA 3's in a row; there is no defense for that... that's why he's the leading scorer in the greatest bball league in the World. I'm glad the crowd actually recognizes the greatness of jumpers. A few years ago, during the And-1 craze, the atmosphere was much different. Thankfully that fad died off for the most part.

thought that shit was sick. There are plenty of guys who can come down and do some fancy dribbles and dunk against no defense. Durant comes down and just drills 4 NBA 3's in a row; there is no defense for that... that's why he's the leading scorer in the greatest bball league in the World. I'm glad the crowd actually recognizes the greatness of jumpers. A few years ago, during the And-1 craze, the atmosphere was much different. Thankfully that fad died off for the most part.
    It would have been sick had he not been playing against a junior high team that was about a foot shorter than him.

C A V A L I E R S

Real talk: How many points would he have scored if Westbrook was on his team?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Kobe only had like 20 pts when he played at Rucker.

You still mad about Oden, brah?
    No I like Durant. He scored like 55 a few years ago in some street ball game. So I didn't know this was that rare.

Default Re: Durant video at Rucker is sick! Durant = playground GOAT

Crowd stormed the court

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason

Durant comes down and just drills 4 NBA 3's in a row; there is no defense for that....

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    Man that's up close and personal. I wonder how the OKC front office feels about their $80 million player playing in that league. People running all up on the court and shit.
    I'm guessing they don't care that much since I'm pretty sure their owner was one of the people calling for a lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Doesnt matter if dude is 9 feet tall.. when you can stroke it like Ron Jeremy, people are gonna wanna do it, myself included.

Dude has the sweetest stroke Ive ever seen.. its a mix of Ray Allen's consistency with Larry Bird's fearlessness... dont forget he's also incorporated the prime tmac Pullup Three. He is insane and only getting better.

Srsly, Durant looks like he shoots 10,000 jumpers a day.
    There is a kid in the 8th grade in NJ. 6'10, and he spends his time jacking up 3's. Why? Kevin Durant is his favorite player and he said he tries to play like him. I'm just saying I am a bit at big kids trying to be shooting guards. Durant is tall, but I wouldnt consider him a big if you understand my point. That kid I mentioned will go through high school most likely (hate to assume tho) not ever putting his back to the basket and using that size. Its ok to have an inside outside game.

This isnt Durant fault. I'm just saying. Be nice if big kids grew up wanting to play like bigs.

I dont know how much better Durant can get when it comes to scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    A lot of haters in this thread.

I thought that shit was sick. There are plenty of guys who can come down and do some fancy dribbles and dunk against no defense. Durant comes down and just drills 4 NBA 3's in a row; there is no defense for that... that's why he's the leading scorer in the greatest bball league in the World. I'm glad the crowd actually recognizes the greatness of jumpers. A few years ago, during the And-1 craze, the atmosphere was much different. Thankfully that fad died off for the most part.
    The crowd recognizes players who can entertain. If Durant played there this Saturday and did nothing but fancy dribbles and finishing at the rim? The fans react the exact same way as when he was drilling jumpers. The atmosphere hasnt changed. Dont let Durant footage fool you.

And there is defense for a guy coming down shooting 3's. But there isnt much defense for a guy 6'10 who has a quick release.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Just look at Renardo Sidney. That guy has enough skill to be a 6'9" Shaq if he wanted to. But he focuses too much a perimeter game and he has the mental capacity of a 3 year old.