Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

I've adjusted to the graphics now where it's not bugging me as much. Now my complaints are...

1. The menus are terrible. I mean I have to freaking exit My Career mode to alter my players gear etc . A lot of things are in illogical spots such as this and it got worse than previous years (thanks Jay Z).

2. The music is very mainstream and not nearly as good. 2K over the years has had amazing soundtracks because of the underground and obscure music they put in that gave it a more down to earth feel. Many songs from 2K games ended up blowing up mainstream later but were big on 2K first. He added some great songs but they don't mix well at all.

3. For some reason the post game feels much worse/harder than it did than in 2K12. In 2K12 I wanted to post up constantly.... in 2K13 I want to play on the perimeter way more.

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Portland interviewed me, a 6'3" Scoring PG... I wanted to play with LMA and what not so I answered nicely. They picked up Lillard with the 6th pick, and me with the 11th pick. Two point guards?!
    The top 10 picks stay true to real life.

So if you get picked 1st overall by the hornets, they will still somehow have Anthony Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire

So if you get picked 1st overall by the hornets, they will still somehow have Anthony Davis.
    Can you tell me waht the Knick intro is like?

BTW, you sold me on the control, i'll get it tonight if i ever get out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    This game is terrible. It's the exact same as 2k12. Which was the same as 2k11, which was the same as 2k10...

No its not the same. The game flow is different. The controls are ridiculously different. Playing defense is different. Ability to take your My Player online and battle others be it pick up or Crew is gone. Like it was gone for 2k12.

Calling it terrible for other reasons is one thing. To claim its the same game is false.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Can you tell me waht the Knick intro is like?
    I think only the Nets get that special shit. But every team gets something similiar to this...

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22377...003_133915.mp4

Might be wrong. I keep pressing X to skip that crap. I just want to play.

Starting to figure out the controls. Your teammates move a bit better, the cuts make more sense, they come back to you. Defense you feel more weighty. I was guarding Westbrook with Schump and it was fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire

Not just the top 10, all of them stay true to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    3. For some reason the post game feels much worse/harder than it did than in 2K12. In 2K12 I wanted to post up constantly.... in 2K13 I want to play on the perimeter way more.
    Probably because it's much easier to drive to the hoop in this game. I always played in the post in 2K12 because it was ****ing impossible to drive the lane. In 2K13 fast players like Westbrook can get to the hoop with ease, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Starting to figure out the controls. Your teammates move a bit better, the cuts make more sense, they come back to you. Defense you feel more weighty. I was guarding Westbrook with Schump and it was fun to do.
    Bingo this is what i love most

the weight on the defensive end.

i had rubio earlier and I completely shut down jason kidd for an entire game after practicing how long it took to adjust feet when he would come down the lane. held him to like 5 points.

Woah I didn't know there was a My Player online blacktop.. better than nothing I guess.

Watching some Youtube vids right now. I saw McRoberts still on the Lakers, even though Dwight is there too. Are the rosters still pretty behind, blockbuster aside?

My copy should hopefully be coming through the postbox in the next hour or 2!

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Watching some Youtube vids right now. I saw McRoberts still on the Lakers, even though Dwight is there too. Are the rosters still pretty behind, blockbuster aside?

My copy should hopefully be coming through the postbox in the next hour or 2!
    They are updating Saturday.

I'm still playing the damn demo, I have a couple more days until my copy arrives. Darn

game feels slow...but that may be because im playing with a hangover.

also to those that paid full price... best buy employee discount bit//chesssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I've adjusted to the graphics now where it's not bugging me as much. Now my complaints are...

1. The menus are terrible. I mean I have to freaking exit My Career mode to alter my players gear etc . A lot of things are in illogical spots such as this and it got worse than previous years (thanks Jay Z).

2. The music is very mainstream and not nearly as good. 2K over the years has had amazing soundtracks because of the underground and obscure music they put in that gave it a more down to earth feel. Many songs from 2K games ended up blowing up mainstream later but were big on 2K first. He added some great songs but they don't mix well at all.

Soundtrack is bangin. I'm playing scrimmage right now and Too Short blow the whistle is playing.