Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Default Re: Nastiest block someone had on you

I rarley get blocked but my worst one was when I cought an outlet pass and did''nt look behind thought I was by myselfe next thing I know this short ass dude ****in blocks me from behind he timed it perfecty cuz I was'nt even high up yet everybody went crazy, I was sooo cheeesed

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    lol, blocked? I dont get blocked, thats just not my style :)

then you must be playing with lil grade schoolers chump... everbody gets blocked even Lebron get shis **** sent back

I'm not trying to sound great or anything but I rarely get blocked. I get blocked on occasion but nothing thats been extra embarrassing. But the nastiest block i've ever witnessed was when two of my friends were in a one on one game. The person with the ball took a few dribbles, attempted a couple crossovers, made some forward progression, then he got to aobut 7-8 feet away from the basket. He then put up a couple of pump fakes, slightly got the defender in the air. Then he attempts the shot, the defender took a swing for the block and literally caught and palmed the ball with a swinging motion. The guy was so embarrassed that he literally left the gym.

Local High School Star Sicknote's Avatar

I took some kids layup out of his hands. Like MJ-style except on a smaller scale. In his defense, he sucks, but he tried to lay it up without jumping, so I jumped from behind him on the fast break and slammed it back down as soon as he let go. It was pretty amusing. Same kid I bodied in the paint and knocked his ass down with a block when he tried to go up strong.

Once I can do it against decent people I'll be proud.

Actually scratch that. I just remember a time like 2 years ago when I was playing at the gym and I went up for a shot against a 6'4 guy (i'm 5'8), and he slammed the ball right back into my face. That was pretty rough/embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    then you must be playing with lil grade schoolers chump... everbody gets blocked even Lebron get shis **** sent back
    *** dat

fine, very first game of my junior season playing varsity, its just a simple out of bounds play where im coming off around the baseline screen. A good team will usually defend it, so im not exactly expecting the ball, but it gets to me. I just turn, pull up because theres a 6'10" dude in front of me. PROBLEM is that a little baller with hops comes in from behind and puts me on my ass... all ball, all clean

so yes, i do get blocked dumb****

Edit:^^^ wow, they blocked out f.u.k

I love lies. You know you get blocked, MJ got blocked, Kobe gets blocked, the most elite nba scorers get blocked...hard to believe playground chumps like you ppl don't get blocked.

I was playing at the YMCA and my teammate hooked me up on an open 3 (im a shooter) ..So I set myself and took the shot when a little Asian guy(maybe 5,5) on the other team comes out of no-where and volleyball spikes my shot out of bounds..Needless to say I felt like hiding in a corner somewhere..

I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

when i play 1on1s with buddies i get blocked all the time, and vice versa... if defense is intense and good and the height is about the same... it will happen

College star

Talking Re: Nastiest block someone had on you

Usually if I get blocked its someone that got me from behind outta no where.

I was on a fast break by myself and I didnt look back. I intercepted it at the 3pt line and sprinted down court, I thought there was no way anyone could catch up.
    But then this guy out of no where blks my sh*t out of bounds and falls on me..
    Yeah.. pretty embarrasing.
    I didnt play so well after that

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I love lies. You know you get blocked, MJ got blocked, Kobe gets blocked, the most elite nba scorers get blocked...hard to believe playground chumps like you ppl don't get blocked.
    wow, does the wink smiley mean nothing in this forum? To me, usually it idicates sarcasm. Such as, when sombody would say somthing like...
    lol, blocked? I dont get blocked, thats just not my style :)
    no **** sherlock, peeps get blocked

happy?

wow, does the wink smiley mean nothing in this forum? To me, usually it idicates sarcasm. Such as, when sombody would say somthing like...

no **** sherlock, peeps get blocked

happy?
    is that sarcasm i detect?

anyways, I got blocked twice today, from the back...i got a board, i saw no one in my sights but after going up some guy came from behind and slapped it out of my hands...it was pretty embarrassing, especially after the 2nd time. I did score 10 pts(out of 18) and we did end up winning.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Crossed one defender then the help came and Vollyball spiked it out the doors of the gym. I kept a straight face but I wanted to laugh at myself a bit plus the guy was screaming like he just got his balls waxed.

It's all good. Took the inbound pass after and hit a three...my team still lost though lol.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by and1
    when i play 1on1s with buddies i get blocked all the time, and vice versa... if defense is intense and good and the height is about the same... it will happen

i would NEVER get blocked in a 1 on 1 i dont care who im playing...the only way i get blocked is if its a help defender