Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Piston draft prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I have always expected Tmac and Prince to both leave, but we don't really have a SF so Prince could be brought back after all. I hope not though. Give Daye the minutes, pick up a veteran back up and sprinkle in some Jerebko and maybe Rip. Something like Maxiell for Dahntay Jones would make me happy. Get a SF with some D skills and clear up our bad PF logjam. I wouldn't expect much impact from a guy like Jones or anything.
    I want Tay back, but there's part of me that just wants to see the guy finish out with a winning team too. There's also a part of me that knows if we have Tay we add those few extra wins that keep us from getting that impact player in the lottery too. We're in full rebuilding mode here and I think everyone sees it. The problem is there just aren't SF's out there like Tay. He's just too versatile. I really think Joe D tries to keep him around. The Eastern conference is just too tough at that position (Melo, Lebron, PP, Deng, Jackson) and I just don't see how we can be competitive without someone who can play defense at that spot. I think T-Mac will probably walk to a contender now. Unless there's some kind of trade that completely opens up a spot for him, but I just don't see it. I'd love to trade BG though.

I'd be calling Utah right now to see if they are interested in a Gordon or Hamilton for Millsap and Bell now that they have Kanter, Okur, Jefferson, Favors, and Millsap.

Harris
    Burks (Gordon)
    Hayward
    Jefferson (Favors)
    Kanter (Okur)

Could be pretty good.

NBA lottery pick

I know you have to throw Bell in there for the salaries but I think it might take a 3rd team. We can't really take back another SG. We already have too many. Millsap is great for fantasy numbers but I just can't see him putting up that good of a fight against Bosh, Boozer, Stoudamire, or KG in the playoffs. Besides Boozer he just gives up too much size.

I think we need to see how Jerebko looks next to Monroe. Let's see how he's rehabilitated and if his game has got any better. I'm not saying he can necessarily keep up with those people I just named either, but at least he's a bit bigger and he doesn't make much money. If we get ourselves tied into another contract we're going to be stuck in mediocrity.

I wonder if Minnesota is interested in any of our pieces for Beasley.... He could be Tay's replacement at SF. I'd rather gamble on him. It's a cheaper contract. Maybe we could try to get Beasley and Randolph. Give up BG. They'd have Rubio, BG, Williams, Love, Millicic. That's the best lineup they would have had in years. We'd have Randolph who has shown signs of being very good. He might compliment Monroe nicely. Beasley is a guy who can put up 20 on any given night. Then next year in the draft there's a ton of PF's we could go after. We'd have a ton of young talent, kind of like the Thunder built their team.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I want Tay back, but there's part of me that just wants to see the guy finish out with a winning team too. There's also a part of me that knows if we have Tay we add those few extra wins that keep us from getting that impact player in the lottery too. We're in full rebuilding mode here and I think everyone sees it. The problem is there just aren't SF's out there like Tay. He's just too versatile. I really think Joe D tries to keep him around. The Eastern conference is just too tough at that position (Melo, Lebron, PP, Deng, Jackson) and I just don't see how we can be competitive without someone who can play defense at that spot. I think T-Mac will probably walk to a contender now. Unless there's some kind of trade that completely opens up a spot for him, but I just don't see it. I'd love to trade BG though.
    Tay has always gotten killed by those guys you mentioned, but anyone else on the roster will get killed more. Keeping him may be the mvoe to make. Knight,Stuckey,Tay,Jerebko,Monroe with a bench of Bynum,Gordon/Rip,Daye,Charlie/Max and hopefully a new backup C like Fesenko isn't the worst roster.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    I'd be calling Utah right now to see if they are interested in a Gordon or Hamilton for Millsap and Bell now that they have Kanter, Okur, Jefferson, Favors, and Millsap.

Harris
    Burks (Gordon)
    Hayward
    Jefferson (Favors)
    Kanter (Okur)

Could be pretty good.
    I'd love to do that deal. Or get Jefferson who I feel they are not that fond of, but is worth the gamble for us. Gordon and maybe a future pick or something for Jefferson isn't so bad. I hear a lot that Utah feels Al is kind of in the way of Milsap,FAvors and Kanter. Plus Okur may be back. Milsap/Bell is fine too though. Then amnesty Charlie or Max

Actually DD, sending out Gordon in the deal, Bell wouldn't be so bad to have as depth and veteran leadership at SG and SF. He'd be 3rd string at both spots,so he wouldn't interfere with the rotation. You could always just waive him and buy him out too. If thats what it takes to make the deal work, so be it.

Also I see Milsap as a bench guy for us, behind Monroe and JJ. We would need some bench scoring and especially post scoring. He does NOt have to go head to head with Amare and co and win. Nobody we have can do that.
    Last edited by Nastradamus; 06-24-2011 at 02:22 PM.

NBA lottery pick

I'd love to do that deal. Or get Jefferson who I feel they are not that fond of, but is worth the gamble for us. Gordon and maybe a future pick or something for Jefferson isn't so bad. I hear a lot that Utah feels Al is kind of in the way of Milsap,FAvors and Kanter. Plus Okur may be back. Milsap/Bell is fine too though. Then amnesty Charlie or Max

Actually DD, sending out Gordon in the deal, Bell wouldn't be so bad to have as depth and veteran leadership at SG and SF. He'd be 3rd string at both spots,so he wouldn't interfere with the rotation. You could always just waive him and buy him out too. If thats what it takes to make the deal work, so be it.

Also I see Milsap as a bench guy for us, behind Monroe and JJ. We would need some bench scoring and especially post scoring. He does NOt have to go head to head with Amare and co and win. Nobody we have can do that.
    I'd rather see Jefferson, but I don't see them parting with him. I do agree about Milsap. I see him as more of a 6th man too. The problem is he makes a starters salary. It's the same problem we have with BG's contract.

I think now I was being a little modest about going after Millsap. I saw him as a good backup as well, and an easier to move contract for future moves.

Looking at what the Jazz fans have been saying, I don't think Jefferson is out of the question. They seem to want to move Okur too, but if I was Utah I'd keep him around for his final year for Kanter and then let him expire.

Gordon and a lottery protected pick in 2012 for Jefferson would make me ecstatic. If they were interested I'd prefer to do Daye instead of a pick and then keep Tayshaun.

Decent college freshman

I'd rather see Jefferson, but I don't see them parting with him. I do agree about Milsap. I see him as more of a 6th man too. The problem is he makes a starters salary. It's the same problem we have with BG's contract.
    His salary isn't really that much and I have no issue with payign a good bench guy.

Decent college freshman

Speaking of Jeffersons, woudl anyone take on Richard Jefferson? not a great player, but a little stronger and more athletic than Tay and it would be cheaper to trade Rip for Jefferson and let tay walk than to keep Rip,tAy and Gordon. SA might want to start Leonard at the 3 and dump that contract. They shave a year if they keep Rip and they are looking for a guy who can play some 2 and 3 and shoot/score from what I hear. Someone to help Ginobili.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    I think now I was being a little modest about going after Millsap. I saw him as a good backup as well, and an easier to move contract for future moves.

Looking at what the Jazz fans have been saying, I don't think Jefferson is out of the question. They seem to want to move Okur too, but if I was Utah I'd keep him around for his final year for Kanter and then let him expire.

Gordon and a lottery protected pick in 2012 for Jefferson would make me ecstatic. If they were interested I'd prefer to do Daye instead of a pick and then keep Tayshaun.
    The draft is so deep next year you can't give up a 1st round pick. There's just too much talent there. We'd be far better off giving up Daye. I'd much rather have Jefferson though. If Okur could stay healthy he would be my choice. The problem is I don't ever see him playing a full season again. Jefferson is a good scorer and that's something we could use in the paint. If they're willing to let him go I'd take him.

NBA lottery pick

Speaking of Jeffersons, woudl anyone take on Richard Jefferson? not a great player, but a little stronger and more athletic than Tay and it would be cheaper to trade Rip for Jefferson and let tay walk than to keep Rip,tAy and Gordon. SA might want to start Leonard at the 3 and dump that contract. They shave a year if they keep Rip and they are looking for a guy who can play some 2 and 3 and shoot/score from what I hear. Someone to help Ginobili.
    I have no interest in that contract. I think we'd be better off finding a wing player in next years draft or trying to trade for Beasley. The thing with Minnesota is they really are forced to make a trade. They drafted Johnson last year, then traded for Beasley, then drafted Williams this year. They can't keep them all and Beasley is the one that has to go. I think he still has a lot of upside. We've seen he can put the ball in the bucket. I think we can lock him up on the wing and then get another big man next year in the draft.

Decent college freshman

Trust me, they have no interest in giving up a promising young talent for Ben Gordon and his contract. Of course I'd take a deal like that if it was at all possible. And to throw in Randolph too? Minny needs to make trades, but not bad trades.

I think you are being illogical in regards to RJ. Sure, he's not a good contract, but we are not going to get a good contract for Rip or Gordon. Bottom line is, if we have to have a bad contract, I'd prefer a SF to a SG right now, especially since he and Rip are similar caliber players.

Decent college freshman

The draft is so deep next year you can't give up a 1st round pick. There's just too much talent there. We'd be far better off giving up Daye. I'd much rather have Jefferson though. If Okur could stay healthy he would be my choice. The problem is I don't ever see him playing a full season again. Jefferson is a good scorer and that's something we could use in the paint. If they're willing to let him go I'd take him.
    He said lottery protected. Next year's draft isn't anything special post lottery necessarily. Its tremendously overrated overall really. It has Barnes and Davis, 2 elite talents in Barnes and Davis. After that, who konws. It is not some monumentally special draft by any means. Why would it be in your opinion? Because P.Jones, T.Jones and Sullinger went back to school????? None of those guys are anything special. The first 2 have amazing potential, but also are complete character risks who have failed to live up to their potential. Sullinger is what he is, a Paul Milsap type, an undersized scoring 4 who can't play D. None of them are better than any of the lottery guys this year. I'll take Chris Singleton and Kawhil Leonard over the Jones' any day of the week.

If some guys like Teague and Mcadoo live up to their potential, it could be a good draft, but only Davis is an upgrade on tihs year's draft. Barnes is not a better prospect than D.Williams or Kyrie.

NBA lottery pick

Trust me, they have no interest in giving up a promising young talent for Ben Gordon and his contract. Of course I'd take a deal like that if it was at all possible. And to throw in Randolph too? Minny needs to make trades, but not bad trades.

I think you are being illogical in regards to RJ. Sure, he's not a good contract, but we are not going to get a good contract for Rip or Gordon. Bottom line is, if we have to have a bad contract, I'd prefer a SF to a SG right now, especially since he and Rip are similar caliber players.
    The problem is Minnesota will have to give up someone else with Beasley. Detroit wouldn't want a SG. Beasley is still on a rookie contract and makes like 5 million per season. I think Minnesota might have some trade exceptions though. That's why I through Randolphs name out there. I was guessing Darko probably wouldn't want to come back to Detroit Besides, Minnesota makes plenty of bad moves anyhow.

NBA lottery pick

He said lottery protected. Next year's draft isn't anything special post lottery necessarily. Its tremendously overrated overall really. It has Barnes and Davis, 2 elite talents in Barnes and Davis. After that, who konws. It is not some monumentally special draft by any means. Why would it be in your opinion? Because P.Jones, T.Jones and Sullinger went back to school????? None of those guys are anything special. The first 2 have amazing potential, but also are complete character risks who have failed to live up to their potential. Sullinger is what he is, a Paul Milsap type, an undersized scoring 4 who can't play D. None of them are better than any of the lottery guys this year. I'll take Chris Singleton and Kawhil Leonard over the Jones' any day of the week.

If some guys like Teague and Mcadoo live up to their potential, it could be a good draft, but only Davis is an upgrade on tihs year's draft. Barnes is not a better prospect than D.Williams or Kyrie.
    Leonard is nothing special to me. I don't think he'll be that great in the NBA. He's a rotational player.

I think you'll see after watching some college basketball next year that this draft class is really really good. There's a lot of people saying this could be the best one we've seen in a long time (since the 03 draft, of course without a guy like Lebron). Even if it's close to what 03 was we don't want to miss that.

Perry Jones does have a chance to be a special player but don't forget Baylor has a guy who's supposed to be even better than him coming in, Quincy Miller. I think Barnes had a chance to be the #1 pick this year. It's tough to say whether he'll end up better than Irving or Williams. Sullinger does remind me of Big Baby Davis. That's not necessarily a bad thing as many of the PF's in this draft won't end up even that good. Austin Rivers, Michael Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Bradley Beal, Marquis Teague, John Henson, Tyler Zeller, Anthony Davis, and the list goes on. There's a reason you won't see near as many overseas guys drafted next year. They know it's a deep draft and they'll have a hard time getting drafted. There's for sure always a couple of people that we haven't heard of that will make a name for themselves too.