Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Orlando Magic team thread - Carney turning heads, Magic still trying to move up.

Let's see if we can keep this one alive. Had enough bandwagoners at the end of the year, should be possible. Once next season starts I believe it'll go on indefinitely, but until then...

Here's to hoping Darko starts next year...

Pretty positive we'll be letting go of Outlaw (probable retirement). Kasun is going overseas, as he is done with the NBA. Augmon is retiring I think. Hill might be on the shelf all season, again... and Diener... well Diener will always be inactive unless Arroyo or Nelson go down.

So that leaves 3 roster spots open.

Everyone needs to hope and pray that we re-sign Trevor Ariza though because once that kid develops a jumpshot, he will become a top 30 player in this league, and he'll do it in a damn hurry. Guy is all effort all the time, he's a great slasher, defender & rebounder. Once that jumpshot starts falling, it's smooth sailing for Trevor Ariza and the team he's on. But until then he's just a roleplayer.
    Last edited by Shogon; 06-09-2006 at 09:16 AM.

Mine > Yours :p

I tried to find a Trevor Arize, Orlando Magic, 140 x 220 image but I'm on page 7 on Yahoo and giving up.

Players improve in the offseason, but I think the one thing that darko does NOT need right now is a 5-6 month break because he was doing so well.

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

Hopefully we can resign DeShawn for a reasonable price. Since it's almost positive he will opt out of his current contract. Hoping to stay healthy next year. It's about time. Most of all I'm hoping Dwight continues to develop into the great player he will soon become.

But first things first... what to do with that draft pick?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    Hopefully we can resign DeShawn for a reasonable price. Since it's almost positive he will opt out of his current contract. Hoping to stay healthy next year. It's about time. Most of all I'm hoping Dwight continues to develop into the great player he will soon become.

Hasn't the Magic front office been telling top 6 prospects that they'll be moving up? If they can't move up that far, I hear they have interest in Carney. How would you feel about him?

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle

DeShawn... well, I think he'll opt out if he's truly healthy and I believe that if he's unsure, he'll stay with his current deal. Either way it's not good for the Magic. I mean, it's not terrible either because he's not an integral piece but... it would be nice if we could move him in a s&t along with the rights to Vazquez & the #11 pick to move up in the draft and replace him with someone like Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay.

If we can't move up in the draft I'd be happy with Williams or Redick.

Redick is not going to be a star in the pros but the guy does move without the basketball and he does it constantly. Pretty much nobody in the league does that except Hamilton. The Magic would be the perfect team for him because they have people that can create their own shot, command the double team and find him (the open man) for wide open 3s. The Magic need a shooter. I honestly think it's a perfect fit. The Magic will just make sure they're solid at the other 4 spots defensively and they'll be really scary with Redick.

I think Redick's success or lack thereof will be determined by which team he goes to.

Williams... well I don't know a whole lot about his game cause I never paid attention to him like I did Redick but he's garnering mediocre hype so I wouldn't mind having him be our 4th big, setting that rotation up solidly for years to come.

The Magic really need a 2 guard that can play defense AND hit the 3 though. Only answer for that is to move up in the draft or wait for free agency next year and try to get someone like Josh Howard.

If we can move up to get Gay/Roy/Carney without giving up too much, I say we do it. I would only want Redick if we can keep DeShawn as the starting SG. Our perimeter defense would be too weak with 2 relatively undersized players for there position starting in the backcourt (Nelson at about 5'10, Redick at 6'4). I think I would rather we move up and take one of the aforementioned players.

Williams would be ok I guess. He would have to be content with being a bench player for the rest of his career though. If we draft him he wouldn't get alot of playing time for a while behind D/D/Battie. I'd rather wait 'til Fran comes over.

I wouldn't mind involving Grant Hill in some sort of trade. I think his time is pretty much up with this team. With Hedo playing so well and Ariza needing minutes, there is really no place for Hill anymore. Which sounds strange, because when he's healthy he's still an all-star level player. I just don't think he fits with the team anymore.

Learning to shoot layups totoro's Avatar

Darko for president! Should be able to get a nice pick even if they don't move up. THey also have some money to entice someone to play there.

Banned

i shall support the magic only cuz they got rid of francis and are moving in the right direction

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

I hope the Bucks steal Ariza in FA.

And trade Diener to a team that will use him, goddammit!

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Magic will be a very good team next yr.

I think that if the Magic can sign Ariza they should start him and try to use Hedo as trade bait. And if they do trade up to top 5 or 6 in the draft and they take Roy or Gay they will have a great 7 man rotation. WIth a huge number for FA in '07. Otis seems like he knows what he is doin and he won't go out and bring someone in who will ruin this young team.

Nelson / Arroyo
    (Roy/ Gay ) or (Carney / Brewer) / Deshawn
    Ariza / Hedu / Hill
    Dwight /
    Darko / Battie

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Ariza will never be a top 30 player ever. He will never be a top 100 player either. Ariza is just a slasher with hops. i like the magic a lot but as you can see the knicks are my team and i was so happy when we gave up on ariza and then i found out we got francis so i wasn't that happy. Dwight is going to be the best power foward in the league one day. Darko has something to prove. Fran Vasquez hopefully comes and plays, and jameer and arroyo are just my favorite point gaurds. Go Magic, Deshawn Stevenson needs to get a 3-point shot but he's working on a jumpshot. My Starting lineup for orlando.

jameer nelson
    Deshawn Stevenson
    Ronnie Brewer
    Darko
    Dwight

Ariza will never be a top 30 player ever. He will never be a top 100 player either. Ariza is just a slasher with hops. i like the magic a lot but as you can see the knicks are my team and i was so happy when we gave up on ariza and then i found out we got francis so i wasn't that happy. Dwight is going to be the best power foward in the league one day. Darko has something to prove. Fran Vasquez hopefully comes and plays, and jameer and arroyo are just my favorite point gaurds. Go Magic, Deshawn Stevenson needs to get a 3-point shot but he's working on a jumpshot. My Starting lineup for orlando.

jameer nelson
    Deshawn Stevenson
    Ronnie Brewer
    Darko
    Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK

jameer nelson
    Deshawn Stevenson
    Ronnie Brewer
    Darko
    Dwight
    Just a slasher with hops? Are you a ****ing ass? Don't you know who the **** he is?! He's the Arizanautt, bitch!

No, but seriously. He is a good defender, he is super agressive and super athletic... hence me saying that if he develops a jumpshot that he will be great. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED IF. You can't tell the future. Silly Knicks fans...

call me a silly knicks fan all you want, when ariza was on the knicks i would get so mad that herb or larry put him in the game, i agree with you on one thing, he is a good defender but even if he develops a jumpshot his basketball iQ is ZERO. He gets on the court and he acts like he's lost

I agree that he does make his share of silly mistakes on the court. Hopefully that will improve with more experience. He is still very young. He's not going to get it right straight away. I love his rebounding, hustle and defense. He's a good project that I would like to keep around. The next Gerald Wallace?