Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    at 6 foot 7...come on now. He's a tweener. Chicago already has enough of those. It's Rose all day.
    He's not 6'7.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago76
    ..... If you were to pick best fits in the league for Rose, the Bulls would easily be in the bottom 10.
    And if the same was done for Mike Beasley the Bulls would be in the bottom five.

My initial comment was about who between Mike Beasley and Derrick Rose was a better fit. Never said anything about either guy being a GOOD fit.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    And if the same was done for Mike Beasley the Bulls would be in the bottom five.

My initial comment was about who between Mike Beasley and Derrick Rose was a better fit. Never said anything about either guy being a GOOD fit.
    And that's what you need to come to grips with. The Bulls have a far more adequate PG than they do anyone who can score with the shot clock winding down...the former Rose would provide...the latter Beasley.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who has seen them more than a couple of times over the last two or three seasons.

And that's what you need to come to grips with. The Bulls have a far more adequate PG than they do anyone who can score with the shot clock winding down...the former Rose would provide...the latter Beasley.

It's pretty obvious to anyone who has seen them more than a couple of times over the last two or three seasons.
    ...or who didn

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Re-read my postings in this thread and see if you can finally understand my point because you still have not gotten what I've been saying.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=15
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=20
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=30
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=47

Let me summarize my point through out this thread, the Chicago Bulls are a bad fit for both players. However, the Bulls are less of a bad fit for Derrick Rose.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Everyone knows that Derrick Rose is a nice player, but just like he himself admitted a month ago, Michael Beasley is a way better player than him. Besides, the Bulls already have a not-too-bad backcourt and they badly need a inside scorer like Beasley. In a word, Beasley fits better in the current Bulls team than Rose. As a consequence, I'd say the Bulls will regret their decision if they do take Rose over Beasley during this draft. Seriously, why do people think the Bulls would draft Rose? Just 'cause he's from Chicago?
    No, the Bulls have a terrible back court with Hinrich, Hughes, Gordon and Sefolosha. If they draft Rose they can use Hughes, re-sign Gordon and Hinrich and try and trade for a big man like Elton Brand. Even if they don't, if Rose can play up to his potential and be nearly as good as Chris Paul I think he turns Sefolosha, Tyrus Thomas, Deng, Noah and even Gordon into all-star kind of players.

Good college starter

Hinrich and Ben Wallace were neck and neck for worst Bulls player of the season. And everyone on that team sucked.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

[QUOTE=dhenk]...or who didn

Decent playground baller

I'm going to be disappointed if the Bulls draft Rose over Beasley. They need help on the lowpost not another god damn PG.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Yeah, I agree with you. Bulls have too many pg/sgs.

Do you know who Michael Beasley reminded me of......Boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Both players in question are going to disappoint seeing as both are expected to be "beasts" at their positions. Both will be fine players but considering Rose is being touted as a "game changer" and Beasley as a potential "scoring champ" people will surely be let down by what really happens.

That said, if I was in charge of Chicago's draft I'd select Derrick Rose. Vinny Del Negro was hired on to coach with absolutely no coaching experience. I'd be more comfortable giving him an athletic guard and figuring out his philosophy than giving him an inside-outside player whose effectiveness is determined by matchups.
    Great post. Rose would fit better with the Bulls situation. Also it's much harder to land an elite PG while aquiring a solid big man is more realistic and plus there should be a few available in the offseason anyway. A true point gaurd like Rose don't come around often and the Bulls could be set at that position for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Yeah, I agree with you. Bulls have too many pg/sgs.

Do you know who Michael Beasley reminded me of......Boozer.
    So what if they have too many gaurds at the moment that's just more pieces for a trade.

If Beasley was like Boozer than the outlook on him would be totally different and believe me a majority would pick him over Rose, but that's not the case. Since I heard he wasn't even 6'8" that totally made me not want Beasley. Plus I'm comfortable with the Bulls developing frontcourt and how Rose could make them really good soon.
    Last edited by Crazy Style; 06-22-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    So what if they have too many gaurds at the moment that's just more pieces for a trade.

If Beasley was like Boozer than the outlook on him would be totally different and believe me a majority would pick him over Rose, but that's not the case. Since I heard he wasn't even 6'8" that totally made me not want Beasley. Plus I'm comfortable with the Bulls developing frontcourt and how Rose could make them really good soon.
    Beasley will be better than Boozer. He's better at everything except for rebounding, which can be easily developed. Did everyone forget Beasley just beat Durants historic College #'s playing at the PF position?! Beasley's fundamentals at this stage are WAY better than Durants were.

If they draft Rose then Hinrich has to be moved. They already pay Hinrich like a franchise PG.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

well i got news for you all rose didnt practice for heat so our dreams of beasley can be squashed now.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

hell mayo would even be a good fit on the bulls it could get rid of gordan's non dribbling ass. i wish there was a youtube film of how many times gordan fell down or lost the ball in clutch situations.