Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 4-team trade sends Collison and Posey to Indiana! Troy Murphy gone

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time
    Next thing on agenda: Buyout TJ Ford (most likely won't be able to trade him) and trade Dunleavy's expiring contract for a raw project pf.
    I don't see anything realistic worth trading Mikey for (he's a friggin 10.5 million dollar deal), let him expire and use the cap space to sign a 4 man. Foster's the only expirer I think we could get solid value for before the deadline, and that depends on him proving his back works. The rest of the guys I can't immediately see any scenarios that the incoming value's more than the cap space value.

Course I didn't think we'd turn Trey Murphy into one of the most promising young points in the NBA. GOOD JOB LARRY!

Learning to shoot layups

This seems like a "cobra strike" deal, like Bird was just waiting, saw the opportunity he wanted and took it before anyone realized how good a deal it was for him.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fvck Yeah Fvck Yeah Fvck Yeah, Gonna Be A Good Day, Just Woke Up To This, Best News I Heard Since The 1999-2000 Season, Fvck Yeah Boi!!!! I Am Cryin!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Last edited by DinoRadja40; 08-12-2010 at 10:38 AM.

I wonder if these means born ready will be playing the 2, I will ask him later if he has any thoughts and let u know.

pg: Collison, Price
    sg: George, Ready, Brush(we should trade him for a big from SAC)
    SF: Granger, Dunleavy
    pf: Tyler, Rolle, Solo
    c: Roy, Jeff

we almost got in the pfs, last year with half this team, we can def. get atleast a 6 seed.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by silverbax
    This seems like a "cobra strike" deal, like Bird was just waiting, saw the opportunity he wanted and took it before anyone realized how good a deal it was for him.
    makes me wonder if this trade(or just the high possibility of one) has been in the works for a while though since we seem to have waited forever to sign Rolle. either way, i've really happy it happened.

I got half of my wish!

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    makes me wonder if this trade(or just the high possibility of one) has been in the works for a while though since we seem to have waited forever to sign Rolle. either way, i've really happy it happened.
    It kinda seems like it. Sort of seems like us, NO, and Houston had the thing lined up, just needed to find a team to take Murph and Jersey jumped in. I say jumped in because they just signed Sean May a few days ago, gotta think they wouldn't have done that if they knew this'd happen.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234

I got half of my wish!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DinoRadja40
    I wonder if these means born ready will be playing the 2, I will ask him later if he has any thoughts and let u know.

pg: Collison, Price
    sg: George, Ready, Brush(we should trade him for a big from SAC)
    SF: Granger, Dunleavy
    pf: Tyler, Rolle, Solo
    c: Roy, Jeff

we almost got in the pfs, last year with half this team, we can def. get atleast a 6 seed.
    Sac is keeping their bigs and George will not start til maybe the AS break if anything. Rush and Dunleavy will battle to start at SG. George will just try to prove he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Sac is keeping their bigs and George will not start til maybe the AS break if anything. Rush and Dunleavy will battle to start at SG. George will just try to prove he belongs.

Maybe true about sac, but George is def. going to be over Dunleavy in the rotation, and will either start at 2, or take over just after the start of the season.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    Maybe true about sac, but George is def. going to be over Dunleavy in the rotation, and will either start at 2, or take over just after the start of the season.
    i agree. Dunleavy is done. Doneleavy.

I think people are really overestimating George's readiness. If we're clearly out of it around the All Star break or something, by all means move him into the starting lineup and give him big minutes. But if we're really wanting to get into the playoffs starting two rookies (with effectively Hansbrough) isn't the way to do it. He doesn't provide anything Rush won't right now, just at a lesser level. He'll be a good spotup shooter, very active defender in passing lanes but will probably struggle on ball. I'm not saying he's going to top out at Rush, just that I don't think he can contribute at that level right now. If you want to give him starter minutes he's going to turn it over A LOT, he has very poor ballhandling but still overdribbles.

He's a really nice prospect full of potential, but he's nowhere near ready for big minutes on a playoff team.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Granny Danger's Avatar

wwwooooooowww this trade is so damn perfect.
    Can't believe NO didn't ask for more.
    I even made a similar trade on 2k10 giving up Hibbert/1st/Troy for Okafor/ Collison and thougth it was unrealistic.

Future looks bright with Collison/Granger/Hibbert as a potential big three.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Granny Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    i agree. Dunleavy is done. Doneleavy.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that more pacer fans are on this board since the trade. Kinda weird...shame on you guys being ashamed of being a pacers fan