Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's Creed 4 new gameplay

Damn, I finished the main story but still not 60%. I've already got it on eBay and will rebuy it a couple of years later when it comes out with the DLC missions (you play as Edward's first mate Adewale a little while after the events of AC4) at half the price.

Might take out a few forts though before I ship it, assuming it sells.

No spoilers here. Anyway, good satisfying ending I thought. The little cutscene after the credits was a nice touch which ties this game in with the book that came which bridges the gap between Edward and Haytham. I think this will end up wrapping up the Kenway lineage, freeing them up to do something else.

The real world storyline ending (spoiler ahoy!) was interesting. [COLOR="White"]I had completely forgotten about the whole Juno being unleashed bit from AC3. I think it would've been a huge ending if she HAD taken control of the player's mind, but they probably want to milk it for all it's worth. Also, John the IT guy being the sage was a nice twist, but the way they kill him was pretty lazy. I wonder, with the sage dead, who frees Juno? Or atleast who would have the motivation to do it? Or was this the developers way of lazily ending the Juno storyline by killing the sage/Aita?

Also, it was a very nice touch to have us find notes both in the animus and in the cubicles reading the same madman's ramblings in two different eras. [/COLOR]

I'm still having fun with it. I think the main story won't go on for too much longer and I want to do some of the side missions before I wrap it up.

Really wondering what they are moving on to, they can't really do pirates again. French revolution would be an amazing setting. 17th/18th century Beijing also has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I'm still having fun with it. I think the main story won't go on for too much longer and I want to do some of the side missions before I wrap it up.

Really wondering what they are moving on to, they can't really do pirates again. French revolution would be an amazing setting. 17th/18th century Beijing also has a lot of potential.
    There's sooooooooo many hints at the french revolution.

I just bought this game yesterday. It's so damn fun and beautiful. I have it for the PS3. I can only imagine how amazing it looks on the next gen consoles.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

French revolution, Russian revolution, Japan, ancient Egypt, Greece, Persia..
    Those all would be great. Would really like something from far east.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I really like the game so far but the naval missions are killing me. I have a hard time finding the desire to get through it because I keep failing them. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    I really like the game so far but the naval missions are killing me. I have a hard time finding the desire to get through it because I keep failing them. Any tips?
    Umm try shooting with broadside cannons, without aiming you know? Those are more powerful.
    Get up close with them side by side, shoot those cannons, then precision ones, repeat 3 times and bam, hes gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    French revolution, Russian revolution, Japan, ancient Egypt, Greece, Persia..
    Those all would be great. Would really like something from far east.
    This.

Considering the historical significance of the French Revolution and the potential of having a Renaissance Paris in the game I'm surprised they haven't done it already.

Just finished the game. It's my favorite one, fantastic idea, story writing, characterization, great music. Aside from the few bugs it was a perfect game. The real world stuff was interesting, and had just the right amount I think. First time I got 100% on an AC game

Nightprowler, [COLOR="White"]Juno can't come back yet because there's more artifacts and shit to be found. Or at least that's what she said at the end of AC 3 and I think in the rant in cloud storage system. Ultimately I think she gets a vessel because of Abstergo dicking around with shit they shouldn't mess with.[/COLOR]

Which one in particular has you stumped?

A little pro tip:

If you have a hard time beating a tough ship the next time you encounter them rather than engage in naval combat just swim to the ship and kill everyone on board. If you then swim back to the Jackdaw and engage it the ship will register as defeated right away.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    A little pro tip:

If you have a hard time beating a tough ship the next time you encounter them rather than engage in naval combat just swim to the ship and kill everyone on board. If you then swim back to the Jackdaw and engage it the ship will register as defeated right away.
    So cool!

Thanks for the tip, LJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Just finished the game. It's my favorite one, fantastic idea, story writing, characterization, great music. Aside from the few bugs it was a perfect game. The real world stuff was interesting, and had just the right amount I think. First time I got 100% on an AC game [/COLOR]
    I got 100% on AC2. I think I got close on Brotherhood but couldn't be bothered with all the Borgia flags.

Anyway, what you say about [COLOR="White"]Juno[/COLOR] makes the most sense. Its obvious that [COLOR="White"]Abstergo wanted to find the Observatory so they could use the blood vials to spy on absolutely everyone, and now that they have Aita's body, who knows what they'll do using his DNA and eventually unleash Juno. What's interesting is that I've always seen the Templars as doing everything they do as a means to an end, and while their methods are horrible, their end goal was saving Earth by unifying everyone (as Juno alludes to in AC3). Now that Desmond has saved the world and their purpose has been fulfilled in a different way, it's like they're too big and powerful and can't just stop this evil machine, so they're going to keep doing **** that will inevitably **** everyone over. Should be interesting what they use as a focal point in the next game.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 12-16-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I got 100% on AC2. I think I got close on Brotherhood but couldn't be bothered with all the Borgia flags.

Anyway, what you say about
    Yeah, I needed like 10 or so in Brotherhood. But those damn flags.

[COLOR="White"]What I think is gonna happen, is that next game we'll be playing as a templar in the real world and going through memories that way. Because the Assassins (as far as we know) seem to have the upper hand in terms of not only finding artifacts but in keeping them hidden. So I'm hoping the next one gives us more of a real world focus than even AC3 did that way we can see what the Templars are going to do about getting more artifacts and unleashing Juno? and their ultimate game plan, whatever that may be. Especially given that like you said they have Aita's body and in AC4 he didn't want the templars to have his body.

I think they're gonna try and reverse engineer his DNA and attempt to create their own first civilization person. Especially given the cryptic nature of him wanting Edward to hide his body from the Templars, and him talking about how the blood vials of the ancient race were useless but one day might be worth a fortune again. [/COLOR]