Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I can't believe a deal with Iguodala actually 'has a chance'. I mean, the Sixers will have to practically kill us with heavy, untradeable contracts for the trade to make sense.
    If there is any shred of truth to this, i would take on Dalemberts contract (12 mill a year for 2 more seasons) for Iggy to be included then Ariza/ Battier can be used as trade bait in some other deal.

Brooks/Lowry
    Iggy/Budinger
    Battier/Ariza
    Scola/Landry
    Hayes/Dalembert

Thats not to shabby at all.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I wonder how desperate are the Sixers. I don't see why they would do this for McGrady unless they finally gave up on Andre being part of the future of their team.
    They are targetting a big name free agent like Amare or Bosh. they currently are in a big bind with cap space. McGrady can give then that leeway to be a big player. if they keep dalembert and Iggy, they wont be a player.

Honestly, who can figure Morey out....Sixers have no expiring contracts, so now he's willing to take on over $18.5 million in extended contracts?

So much for wanting cap space.....

Also, even getting TMac's expirer, I don't see Philly creating enough space for a Max contract.
    Last edited by bagelred; 01-01-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Honestly, who can figure Morey out....Sixers have no expiring contracts, so now he's willing to take on over $18.5 million in extended contracts?

Also, even getting TMac's expirer, I don't see Philly creating enough space for a Max contract.
    But think about it, if you can get young, promising talent (and I'm talking about waaay more potential than any current Rocket) for a guy whose going to leave by the end of this season, then the bad contracts suddenly don't look so bad.

Wasn't there are thread about the myth of Rockets getting cap space when McGrady expires? I remember reading about it and the poster outlined very, very clearly that unless the Rocs refuse to resign everybody, they won't be able to sign a max free agent, and by then the whole roster will be gutted so nobody would want to sign anyway. Also:

The Rockets, one of only a handful of NBA teams willing to take on salary, would have to be overwhelmed by the talent included - perhaps power forward Thaddeus Young, point guard Lou Williams, or center Marreese Speights - to take on contracts for McGrady's expiring deal.
    I honestly didn't even think about it from this angle, but it makes perfect sense, since only a team willing to take on salary will trade one of the league's biggest expiring contracts.

To be honest, I would be perfectly exstatic if Morey nets a player like Young, Speights or Williams, let along Iguodala. The last guy is a pipe dream, but those 3 previous ones, if sixers owner is desperate enough, then.....

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Don't be mad that your Knicks have nothing of value to offer.

I wouldn't take Iggy. I doubt Morey would too - I call BS.

He is an overpaid try hard superstar. A decent wingman, but overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I wouldn't take Iggy. I doubt Morey would too - I call BS.

He is an overpaid try hard superstar. A decent wingman, but overpaid.
    Please stop posting.

Lou will is an overrated talent if I were philly, he's the guy i'd use for trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Please stop posting.

Lou will is an overrated talent if I were philly, he's the guy i'd use for trade bait.
    LOL. I post whatever I like thanks, especially as its fact.

5 years $65m or so for a third option? No thanks.

Get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    LOL. I post whatever I like thanks, especially as its fact.

5 years $65m or so for a third option? No thanks.

Get with it.
    We are talking about getting Iguodala, for a guy who doesn't want to play for the Rockets any more, and even if we let him expire we aren't going to get anything remotely close to that kind of talent level.

And what's wrong with try hard superstars? At least they try hard.

Rox don't need an Iguadala type, especially at that price. They already have Ariza and Battier at those spots.

The Rockets need another big man, and a shooter.

I would argue that a star SF is exactly what Ariza and Battier need. They (Especially Ariza) are role players trying to fill too big of a shoe, and somebody needs to shoulder the load apart from Brooks, and Ariza and Battier struggle when they try to fill that role (yes they have their on nights, but also inconsistent nights in between). That's part of the reason why Adelman told Ariza to concentrate on all the other areas of bball, and 'let the scoring come to him'.

Well thats my point - Iggy isn't a star small forward. He just gets paid like one. Ask a knowledgeable Philly fan.

I don't always agree with Simmons but I agree with him on Iggy (exerpt from his latest article).

"As always with the Grizzlies, there's a problem looming: Rudy Gay (playing well) has moved into the deadly Iguodala Zone for nonfranchise players who will get overpaid and, even worse, start believing this makes them franchise players."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba

Dont give up Speights. Tmac cap expirer would clear some payroll. Trade Dalembert who will be an expiring contract at seasons end. More money. We sign Lebron James, draft John Wall and win the european championship.

I do like how the Rockets are putting out there we're not going to give you Tmac's hefty expirer without you giving up some talented players in return. At $23mil? I really cant fault Houston for thinkin that way. Why help another teams financial woes for nothing.

This confirms that I was right all along. Houston is not going to have any real cap space no matter what they do and Morey knows it. So he's going to take on contracts for talent and stay over the cap.

However, he's putting himself into another McGrady situation. Iggy is overpaid and a looooooong contract. I know Morey has a hard on for versatile players but really? Plus all the other guys he'll have to take back? I don't know......It takes Iggy 40 minutes to get those 18 points a game.....

Yet he won't take Jeffries one year of contract....please......

Philly I'm sure doesn't want to give up big time talent, but clearly whatever Philly is doing is not working. "Starting over" and clearing $23 million next year from payroll isn't worst idea.
    Last edited by bagelred; 01-01-2010 at 02:39 PM.