Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Jeremy Lin and the ROckets played well today!

Quote Originally Posted by Klazart
    All it proves is that the same predujice and bias that has dogged Lin his entire career has followed him to Houston as well. How can you conclude after so few games, where he hasn't been allowed to play as a PG that he shouldn't even get a chance to prove himself in the role and justify that as anything except bias, I don't know.
    Its obvious that Lin is your guy, and you're going to support him no matter what, but you have to be rational about this.

Are you saying that the Rockets coaches, after reviewing hours of tape, are deliberately sabotaging Lin?

If he begins to get less minutes, then are the coaches prejudiced and biased against Lin?

NBA rookie of the year

All it proves is that the same predujice and bias that has dogged Lin his entire career has followed him to Houston as well. How can you conclude after so few games, where he hasn't been allowed to play as a PG that he shouldn't even get a chance to prove himself in the role and justify that as anything except bias, I don't know.
    Exactly, they just happened to pick Lin as their starting point guard while not even trying to get back their former rising elite point guard, Dragic just because of prejudice and ignorance.

In fact, their prejudice against Lin led the Houston Rockets to pay the second highest salary among point guards in franchise history to Jeremy Lin...

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Last year is a "poison pill.". He gets more $.
    No you're wrong, not for Houston.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I totally get where you are coming from. Though I don't think it's fair to blame lin for releasing Dragic. They let dragic go because they didn't want to give him the player option.

What I want to ask you though is if you have been watching the Rocket's play this season. If you have... have you not noticed the following?

1) Lin is being asked to bring the ball up, give it to Harden then go stand in the corner.

2) He's being played as a spot up shooter. (How can his FG% not suffer when that's not the kind of player he is.)

3) He is not getting screens set for him.

4) When he leads the offense it looks MUCH smoother. The last game against the Pistons was a perfect example of this. When Lin was out the offense looked UGLY. When he came back in and was allowed to run the point the rockets ran over the Pistons and blew the game open.

Dude, Lin does gets screens, he actively calls for them. But now the roll defender knows the best way to guard Lin is to show hard, which has negated a lot of his moves.

Lin is hesitating on open shots (mainly threes), because he has been bricking them. Can't fault the man, especially since he's not a great shooter anyway.

Bringing the ball up all the time is tiring, especially against D that wants a piece of you. If you played as a PG you would know this. So giving the ball up to Harden gives Lin a breather from time to time.

Also, as a guy that brings the ball up, it's hard to always make something happen from the first play, and this is something that Jeremy likes to do, it's actually what I like to do as a player as well. High risk play, as the defence is usually set and prepared, so you end up with either Lin getting a tough layup (which he did last year, but not this year as he's not making them.) or an assist or a turnover. Rarely do I see the Rockets swing the ball and letting the offence develop from the second. third pass.

It's a long season, and I think it would be wise to ensure Jeremy doesn't get exhausted. As he is the best passer on that team or share that honour with James harden.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    No you're wrong, not for Houston.
    In the last year he gets 15 mul IIRC that's the poison pill.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Would you all just chill and stop hating on the guy
    He came out undrafted, give him some time man
    Esp if you're a Rockets fan, SUPPORT your player, not nail him after 5? games

Plus he's really not doing so bad right now. If you're expecting Chris Paul or Deron Williams to show up in your team of course you're going to be disappointed
    I usually don't agree with you, but you and me seem to be the only smart ones on this thread. Milwad is a dumbass, he criticizes Lin like a ****in dumbshit madman

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    In the last year he gets 15 mul IIRC that's the poison pill.
    8 Mill of that doesn't go to the cap, however, it would have if NYK signed him.