Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Odom to leave Mavs, sit out remainder of season

I really do feel bad for Odom. he was my favorite player while on the lakers and I hope he can get it together and come back strong next season. He is just a really fragile guy. I hope he comes back to the lakers even if he doesn't get along with management he has his teammates that he won 2 rings with here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    By far the most pathetic Dallas Maverick player I've seen.

And I call bullshit on the personal tragedies. The guy is just mentally weak, plenty of people go through relatives dying, mothers, fathers, brothers, cousins, and are still able to perform for their teammates and are loyal to their contract and team. This guy is a bum, and he's become just as bad as his fat wife and the rest of her repulsive family.
    And he has gone through all that and that is why he is so mentally weak. First of all his mother and grandmother died before he was 12 then in 05 I believe his newborn baby died of SIDS then that thing with his driver killing somebody and then getting traded away from the team he has spent most of his career with and won 2 rings with. He is mentally fragile and that is probably why he has been so inconsistent throughout his career but still I can't help but feel bad for him. I understand the hate from Mavs fans though since all you saw was him at his lowest

I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

Top Criers in NBA history:
    1. Lamar Odom
    2. Chris Bosh
    3. Glen "Big Baby" Davis
    4. Michael Jordan (With all of his trophies)
    5. Lebron James

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    And he has gone through all that and that is why he is so mentally weak. First of all his mother and grandmother died before he was 12 then in 05 I believe his newborn baby died of SIDS then that thing with his driver killing somebody and then getting traded away from the team he has spent most of his career with and won 2 rings with. He is mentally fragile and that is probably why he has been so inconsistent throughout his career but still I can't help but feel bad for him. I understand the hate from Mavs fans though since all you saw was him at his lowest
    Thing is though Mavs fans can directly contrast him with Rodrique Beaubois who had his father die in the middle of the season unexpectedly. When he came back he played some of his best ball of the year. Odom's dad gets a tooth ache he had to run from the team and wallow in misery for a week. The dude is a basketcase. Kudos to the Lakers front office for successfully trolling the Mavs with that piece of garbage. Hope Cuban can get the last laugh on him and offload him to Indiana for a pack of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Odom pretty much had a mental breakdown. He went through some hard things both personally and professionally. Really do feel bad for him.

But he killed the Mavs this year. He filled a roster spot that could have been a guy like Kaman or any number of other quality players. Really sucks. The Mavs would have at least 5 more wins if we had gotten somebody else.

Now we might miss the playoffs as well. Sigh....

just another example of all these "Kobe's teammates" superstar player that are so much better then anyone else in the league ....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingFanboy
    Thing is though Mavs fans can directly contrast him with Rodrique Beaubois who had his father die in the middle of the season unexpectedly. When he came back he played some of his best ball of the year. Odom's dad gets a tooth ache he had to run from the team and wallow in misery for a week. The dude is a basketcase. Kudos to the Lakers front office for successfully trolling the Mavs with that piece of garbage. Hope Cuban can get the last laugh on him and offload him to Indiana for a pack of gum.
    Like I said I can see why Mavs fans would be disappointed with him but people just respond to tragedies in different ways some rally around it while others breakdown. Unfortunately Odom is the kind that will break down and then drag everyone around down too.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

This guy is going to have a hard time finding a deal in the off-season. Unless his relationship with Lakers management is rekindled, how is a team (especially non-playoff/small market) going to take a chance on him for something like the MLE?

Clippers may take a stab at him, but if all the other teams are offering something like 2 -3 mil a year, they'll be able to get him for cheap.

Wow, I wish I could get $8 million a year, say my hearts not into it, and get to go home and still get paid.

Lakers got a pick & 8mill...thanx Dallas!

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    just another example of all these "Kobe's teammates" superstar player that are so much better then anyone else in the league ....
    He was already a really good player before he even came to the Lakers.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So next year he's going to the Knicks? Yes?
    No, he'll go to the Nets and the Kardashians will put a twist on the Humphries angle now that Odom is playing with him.

Seriously though, I see him going to New York or Miami. I thought maybe the Clippers, but I heard Sterling and him have issues. In Miami, he's friends with Wade and he'd have much less pressure because there's so many huge stars there as opposed to Dallas where he was pretty much replacing Chandler in a way. New York is his hometown and there are many bigger stars there as well.
    Last edited by guy; 04-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Actually he was a marginal starter being propped up by D-Wade and Tuff Juice.

Quote Originally Posted by guy

he was an average player with tremendous potential...but had substance abuse problems (according to the NBA)....never an allstar...

Kobe helped forge him into a Allstar..and a catalyst for winning Championships...

College superstar

Odumb is a ****0T

Wait so is he a FA or is he staying with the Mavs but they will hold him inactive?