Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once RoysBlazers's Avatar

Default Re: The Portland Trailblazers Will Select Kevin Durant In The NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
    . They are actually fine as they are, and in this case they draft the best player.
    I like what you had to say for the most part. Although I don't really see where Portland can do wrong. Either player will bring the fans back, either player will be a shot in the arm. Oden is the big we need, Durant is the scorer we need. Both will help eliminate double teams... the pluses are extaorinary no matter which you have on your team.

I personally like Oden, I think his defense 'along with Aldridge' will shut down the lane. The game will speed up in transition as our players will release knowing once someone enters the lane the ball will exchange hands.

I really feel KP is onto something with this mathmatical thing he's put together with the help of MIT, he's a smart guy who makes great decisions. No matter what he does I feel it will be a good choice. To tell you the truth I'm more excited about the rest of the draft outside of the first overall pick, thats how in the bag I feel that decision will be for the team. What will make or break Portlands future is what they do with Randolph, what they do in any effort to pick up a second lottery pick, and how such players as Sergio and Joel Freeland pan out in years to come.

I do want to point out how a lot of people around the league are now saying that Oden is going to have medical problems, from his knees to his Wrist, to you name it... Yet when any other team was looking at Oden with the possible #1 pick he was the next Bill Russell. It's just funny how things work out. Portland will be fine, they will draft the best possible player... as much as I want that to be Oden, I don't know if having Durrant would be all that bad.

Good High School Starter

This thread made me laugh a lot. It is like talking to a wall.

As for the pick, it should and will be Oden. Randolph is gone. The GM has all but said that in interviews. He says they want to have good citizens on the team, and never mentions Randolph as a guy to build around. Oden and Aldridge will be dominate inside. You can start CJ Miles and still have a good frontcourt.

On top of that, their GM has come out and said he believes in what the Suns do and wants to put the 5 best players on the court. That could be Jack, Rodriquez, Roy, Aldridge, and Oden if they need to.

Saw a basketball once RoysBlazers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    This thread made me laugh a lot. It is like talking to a wall.

As for the pick, it should and will be Oden. Randolph is gone. The GM has all but said that in interviews. He says they want to have good citizens on the team, and never mentions Randolph as a guy to build around. Oden and Aldridge will be dominate inside. You can start CJ Miles and still have a good frontcourt.

The above quote made me laugh! Ironic...

First off it's not CJ Miles (Its Darius Miles) secondly if you knew anything about Portland Basketball you'd know that Miles is more hated in Portland than Z-Bo, for two reasons.... Miles shows up in street clothes, and Z-Bo actually is productive.

If Z-bo Leaves, and goes to the East... he will be in the all star game next year. I think he's that good. Does he have personal problems? yeah... so does 1/3 NBA players... if they aren't beating their wives, there fighting there dogs... Zach has got a bad rap in Portland but he's really not that bad, he will go to a team and he will be a huge lift for that team. Will Portland be better off without him? maybe... will they have to find someone to give them 23 and 10? certainly. Oden would certainly help, but so would Durrant.

All I know as a Portland fan, I want whats best for the team... and I truley don't know which would be better. I'm trying to have an open mind, I still am pulling for Oden, but who knows. I know I'll be at the RoseGarden next Thursday, watching on the big screen... Thats when we'll know, thats when Portland can finally get off the snide.

Good High School Starter

No I meant CJ Miles. I was thinking of the worst player they could possibly start and Miles is the worst I could think of. Darius Miles is certainly not the worst.

And if you listen to the podcast on ESPN by Chad Ford, their GM talks about all the stuff I said. He never brings up Randolph in regards to the future of the team (nor does he bring up Darius Miles, but that is really just an afterthought since he has been injured and everything). And yes Randolph is a very good player, I agree with that, but he is trying to turn this team into the Spurs. Players who are better than that 1/3 of NBA players who have problems.

And if they really want to draft the best player available, then Oden has to be the choice. Durant is the better scorer in college, but that means nothing in the NBA. Oden's game is not only more advanced in more areas, but is also more suited to the NBA. I never once thought that Durant would go #1 during the season even when he was scoring 30+ every game because he defense was poor. If the Blazers want the better scorer, then Durant is the pick, but he will not be the better player or the better "winner." I think it will be like Duncan vs. Redd. Redd is the better scorer, but give me Duncan.

With all this said, Seattle is still getting a future All-Star. He will sell a ton of jerseys, fill a lot of seats, score a lot of points, and have a lot of threads about him here.

Saw a basketball once the_player's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    No I meant CJ Miles. I was thinking of the worst player they could possibly start and Miles is the worst I could think of. Darius Miles is certainly not the worst.

And if you listen to the podcast on ESPN by Chad Ford, their GM talks about all the stuff I said. He never brings up Randolph in regards to the future of the team (nor does he bring up Darius Miles, but that is really just an afterthought since he has been injured and everything). And yes Randolph is a very good player, I agree with that, but he is trying to turn this team into the Spurs. Players who are better than that 1/3 of NBA players who have problems.

And if they really want to draft the best player available, then Oden has to be the choice. Durant is the better scorer in college, but that means nothing in the NBA. Oden's game is not only more advanced in more areas, but is also more suited to the NBA. I never once thought that Durant would go #1 during the season even when he was scoring 30+ every game because he defense was poor. If the Blazers want the better scorer, then Durant is the pick, but he will not be the better player or the better "winner." I think it will be like Duncan vs. Redd. Redd is the better scorer, but give me Duncan.

With all this said, Seattle is still getting a future All-Star. He will sell a ton of jerseys, fill a lot of seats, score a lot of points, and have a lot of threads about him here.
    you compared Durant to Redd and Oden to Duncan???????are you serious????? I'd say it's more like Durant=McGrady Oden=Duncan and that's a good doubt to have...

Good High School Starter

No, I was comparing a good all-around player and winner with a good scorer.

If I was comparing Oden and Durant to players, then I think the David Robinson/Patrick Ewing/Tim Duncan comparison is okay.

I am starting to think Durant is more like Carmelo than T-Mac though. Durant isn't as athletic, and doesn't pass the ball as well, but is a better rebounder. I think T-Mac is the perfect SG/SF player, but I think Durant will be more of a SF/PF. Durant might actually be a little like the guy he is going to replace, Rashard Lewis. The only thing I don't like about the Carmelo and Lewis comparisions are that I think Durant will be a better rebounder, and will effect the game a little more because of his long arms. I don't think he will be a good defender for years, but he should be more effective as a shot blocker and knocking balls away. I don't think he will get 2 blocks and 2 steals a game like he did in college simply because those long arms aren't going to be as effective against bigger, faster, and better players, but he still should be able to change some shots and create some turnovers.

Saw a basketball once

I'm not saying they shouldn't take Durant, but dude your argument sucks! Seriously its really painful to read. You're saying the blazers should repeat what they did in the draft where they passed on Jordan for Bowie? That didn't work for them then why would they try it again. Now, picking Durant might be the right move though. With all the young talent the Blazers have they don't really have a great scorer and if the trade ZR there scoring will suffer further. B. Roy looks like a really good player, but I don't think he is a #1 scorer if the Blazers are looking to contend. I don't think Oden or Aldridge will be big time scorers either. Durant on the other hand is a 6'10 T-Mac who can score 25+. If the Blazers do pick Oden how about a sign and trade with Seattle ZR for R. Lewis? Seattle get a big who can play and Portland gets a good three man who can score it. Not a great scorer, but maybe with Roy, Lewis and Oden it would be enough for Portland to contend. Although, with Aldridge and Oden blocking shots in the middle how many points will they need to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    The Spurs should have taken Chauncey Billups in 98... they already had a Center in David Robinson, God forbid they draft Tim Duncan and put him at PF.
    You mean 97...

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

I think they are going with Durant, unless they trade Randolph for Lewis

Caution: Adult Content

Man I wish this guy was in my fantasy league. Hed rather have Aldrige at C than Oden? And why would it be so hard to trade Randolph? The Bulls would probly give you #9 pick and Duhon or Noccioni for him. Then you could draft Conley for PG.

Banned

It's the weed out there in Oregon that makes those young guy miles Randolph go bad. That stuff is potent out there in the oregon woods.

No, Just Face It

The Blazers are drafting Greg Oden With the #1 Pick.

Lakerraider has just been defecated on by the Portland Trailblazers of the National Basketball Association during the official two thousand and seven national basketball assocation draft of future National basketball association players.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

bump

joyner get off of durant's nuts. it's already pruned up