Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The Rockets are gonna be a shit show this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Aren't they hosting the 2013 ASW too?
    I think so. Awesome since we're gonna have the starting PG.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    The Rockets do figure to have a shitty record this season, but Rocket fans have plenty to be excited about. We still have D-Mo, Terrance Jones, Lamb, Machado (could surprise some folks), and Royce White (though I think he's going to be a disaster and is already proving so). Then there's how Asik and Lin will handle expanded roles/leadership. Young, young team but the goal isn't to win right now. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Oh, there's also Chandler Parsons. This team isn't filled with "scrubs", it's filled with young players. 3 years from now, watch out. Especially when they add a big free agent and a high draft pick.
    This is perhaps the most optimistic homer chunk of verbage ever posted on ISH.

If Martin is traded, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin are your veteran bedrock. HOLY F*CKIN SHIT!!!

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    This is perhaps the most optimistic homer chunk of verbage ever posted on ISH.

If Martin is traded, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin are your veteran bedrock. HOLY F*CKIN SHIT!!!
    You're thick.

The FO is not planing on winning a ton of games this year. If the record sucks, good, that's the plan. High draft pick. Plan A was get a superstar through trade and Plan B was go with a youth movement. We're on Plan B right now.

And what is so overly optimistic about what I said about those players. Are they not intriguing young players with a lot of potential?

The OP's simple-mindedness is typical of many ISH posters.

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons/jones
    Amare/Royce white
    Asik

What's everybody so worried about. Amare is that #1 scorer they needed to allow Lin and asik to be their best and allow the rookies to develop without asking too much from them.

Houston has a very bright future w amare

There are clips of the scrimmage of the Rockets, and holy god. The players were fumbling, turning the ball over, bad passes, and that was just playing against each other. When a real NBA teams comes along.....I was slightly optimistic for the Rockets, but seeing the scrimmage videos, I'd say we lose by 10 pts each game.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    There are clips of the scrimmage of the Rockets, and holy god. The players were fumbling, turning the ball over, bad passes, and that was just playing against each other. When a real NBA teams comes along.....I was slightly optimistic for the Rockets, but seeing the scrimmage videos, I'd say we lose by 10 pts each game.
    Absolutely meaningless.

Trust me.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

It's about time Houston finally did a total rebuild and just played a bunch of rookies and a top 5 pick instead of the mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Asik is going to be one of the top 5 defensive centers in the league, probably #4 behind Howard, Noah, Bogut and ahead of Tyson Chandler. I believe so.

I think Kevin Martin will be traded.
    This guy agrees that they should trade Martin and Motiejunas for amare

The Rockets are in great position. They shouldn't want a shitty record.

They should want Dwight Howard to want to go there next year. That's very feasible. Chandler Parsons is a very very good player, does everything. Talent like White, Martin, Lamb...those guys are tradeable. So is Asik, if they ever had a shot at Howard. I don't see how this team should even be looking to a draft pick. They have pieces.

Did any of you Rocket fans read the AMA (ask me anything) Morey did on Reddit? Has some insight into what he had/has planned and why they made the moves they did.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ockets_gm_ama/

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Better to be horrible than mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Better to be horrible than mediocre.
    We have too much pride as an organization to tank. It actually would be better for us in the short term meaning if we got a good pick, but that could be a bust. I like what we're doing. I really really do. You won't catch Rockets fans booing at the games or not supporting the team. It's frustrating to watch at times, but I understand that there isn't a superstar player farm or store out there. We were so close to getting Dwight. I think our time is coming.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    We have too much pride as an organization to tank. It actually would be better for us in the short term meaning if we got a good pick, but that could be a bust. I like what we're doing. I really really do. You won't catch Rockets fans booing at the games or not supporting the team. It's frustrating to watch at times, but I understand that there isn't a superstar player farm or store out there. We were so close to getting Dwight. I think our time is coming.
    I don't mean tanking I mean it's better to have the worst roster in the league than the 15th best. The Rockets are in good position but it's real easy to **** up in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Asik has been the Rockets best player in the camp. McHale and Carrol Dawson have taken him through some tough one on one sessions on offense and the Rockets are raving about how well he is playing. He'll suprise alot of folks this season.

We are in a rebuild mode so before you get better, you gotta expierene a bit of pain. Were building for the future.
    If Omer Asik is your best player then you guys have issues.