Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Breaking News: Iverson out for season

Quote Originally Posted by MeloMike
    Safe to say the AI-Detroit experiment didn't work out...I really feel bad for AI.
    Me too.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    LOL@ Some of you thinking Detroit is going to make this HISTORIC run now that AI is out. As if hes the ENTIRE reason they are having a poor season.

Detroit is going out the first round folks. You can put money on that one.

That team is going to be in rebuilding mode during the offseason. Yes they play well, but they arent that great of a team.
    If they play the Magic, they should advance to the 2nd round. They already took out the Magic without Iverson, and if they get a healthy lineup there is no way the Magic can matchup with the Pistons.

I rule the local playground

Mutual agreement. Iverson doesn't want to play under 20 minutes a game(this is more the reason than starting/coming off the bench) and Pistons don't want to play him more.

NBA Finals

It's sad to look at the Pistons of before and compare them to the Pistons of now.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    If they play the Magic, they should advance to the 2nd round. They already took out the Magic without Iverson, and if they get a healthy lineup there is no way the Magic can matchup with the Pistons.
    What? I'm pretty sure that the Magic would win in like 4 or 5 games, the Pistons are not getting any younger and it really seems that they miss the floor presence of Billups.

Injury my ass.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    What? I'm pretty sure that the Magic would win in like 4 or 5 games, the Pistons are not getting any younger and it really seems that they miss the floor presence of Billups.
    Interesting, because the Pistons have won 3 of 3 against the Magic this season right?

Oh wait 1 out of 4 is more likely than 3 out of 4 right?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    LOL@ Some of you thinking Detroit is going to make this HISTORIC run now that AI is out. As if hes the ENTIRE reason they are having a poor season.

Detroit is going out the first round folks. You can put money on that one.

That team is going to be in rebuilding mode during the offseason. Yes they play well, but they arent that great of a team.
    He may not be the ENTIRE reason, but he is the definite BIGGEST reason. Look at this simple fact: They play better and have a better record w/o him than they do with him.

He's a cancer. His style doesnt fit for an actual TEAM. He has to have the ball all the time and shoot 25+ times to get his and he's always been like that...and selfish.

Congratulations Detroit, you just scared off one of the best players ever to play in the NBA.

Wait til playoffs, your loss.

Yup its true

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    They could be a more effective team if they adjusted their style on offense. Even subtracting Iverson, they don't have Billups anymore, yet they run an offense that is structured for a point guard like him. Stuckey isn't a true PG, but he's capable of handling the duties, but his style is based more around his quickness and ability to penetrate. You have to adjust to what you have.

This season was just a mess for that team. The Iverson situation just worked out terribly, they brought him in for cap space and I think all parties knew that which made the situation difficult. Compound that with taking out the guy that ran the offense and replacing him with a young guard with an entirely different style and they have coach he seems to have no clue what he is doing.

You people who thought he was gonna be resigned....i lol at your general direction. He went there for his expiring contract, THATS IT!

Magic Johnson

Iverson might as well retire now. Even if he's truly injured, people aren't going to believe it. It doesn't help he was *****ing to the media the other day. I wonder how much this will hurt his legacy..?

Default Re: Allen Iverson out for rest of season

Some of you guys are hilarious...

He's Allen Iverson, he can sit out if he wants to, he's earned this league so much money over his career. He may be a Primadonna, yeah, but this is professional sports. Who isn't?

Magic Johnson

Default Re: Allen Iverson out for rest of season

Quote Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
    Some of you guys are hilarious...

He's Allen Iverson, he can sit out if he wants to, he's earned this league so much money over his career. He may be a Primadonna, yeah, but this is professional sports. Who isn't?
    What do you mean he can sit out if he wants to. He's being paid a lot of ****ing money and he should play if he's not injured. Talk about horrible timing, even if he is truly injured, no one will believe it.