Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Preview: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Ira Winderman on NBATV just gave a very plausible theory as to what may be going on with Wade. He thinks Wade may have injured the shoulder on the last play of the Celtics' series where he dove into the seats for a loose-ball.

If that's true, then all I have to say is, DUMBASS! It was a completely unnnecessary play. The game was over. You just wanted to do it for the fans. That's a nice thought, but if it f-ed up your shoulder for the rest of the playoffs, was the moment worth it?

have you ever as a fan of his seen him more passive and looking so lost out there then in games 4 and 5? i havent, didnt watch him his rookie regular season though, but since then...

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

The two best teams, this season, are squaring off. There really is no room for complaining from any other team or their fans. Boston/LA were not good enough this year; SA wasn't either. Thunder came up short and so did Chicago. Both Dallas & Miami convincingly won their conference final match-up.

I probably won't watch more then a game or two; have no real interest since LA is out of the running. Who do I want to win? Dallas. Mostly, Dirk.

I think he has played out of his mind this post-season and has been the MVP of the playoffs thus far; Dallas is a team that can really tire out Miami defensively. They have a ton of players who can spread the floor and they are never out of a game. They can grab a double digit lead in minutes and rally from behind just as easy. They are a confidant bunch, and despite being short-handed, are really really dangerous. They don't break as easy anymore (it appears) and have picked up their defense so much from previous years.

I really admire Rick Carlisle and what he has done in Dallas; I despise every-thing Miami stands for and hope Dallas can beat them.

I'm still puzzled at people comparing Miami to other great terms (in terms of how they were assembled). Do people understand anything about context?

You have three diva's who joined forces, in particular, LeBron who could not win a ring for years in Cleveland after being so close and promising Cleveland to bring them a title before he leaves. Being an arrogant douche bag; it's not the same as a team making a move to bring in a star player via a trade or even a free agent signing. Those guys clearly colluded and their intentions were known.

There were guys who were ring chasing but most of them were past their prime at that stage of their careers and weren't going to play a pivotal role anyways. No team in league history has re-signed or signed two players as good as Wade/James (relative to the current roster of players in the NBA) in league history. Yeah Shaquille joined LA when Kobe was traded; but he was 17 years of age at that time and coming off the bench. Yeah we had incidents of Allen/Garnett or Pau coming to LA; but those were moves made by the front office. Not players colluding to join forces.

The integrity is subtle; and I do not respect player's who intentionally taint the integrity of fair play. With that being sad; Miami isn't some unbeatable monster. I can totally see Dallas winning and in fact; I see them as the favorites (match-up wise).

Despite me not respecting what Miami stands-for; if they win the championship this year, I'll congratulate them for their accomplishment and call them the best team of 2011 season.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Miami is very very stacked and typically gets a lot of ref help.

Going to be a tough row to hoe for Dallas. They can do it, but they have to consistently play much better than Miami. Miami is so stacked, they can have off nights and still win. Dallas cannot. Miami is about having it easy for the two best players in the game today. They don't have to play at their best, yet they can still win. Dallas has to outwork and outplay them to win.

And Dallas needs a fairly called series. Anything approaching the favoritism dwhistle got in '06 and it gets nearly impossible for Dallas.

Banned

STACKED TRIO AGAINST A LONE STAR TEAM. GITTEM dIRK

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    STACKED TRIO AGAINST A LONE STAR TEAM. GITTEM dIRK
    I can promise you from Hulk Hogan himself.
    The mavs will win this series. He guarantees it!

Default Re: Dallas will win NBA finals

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    So how much $$ have you put down on your mavericks??

Lets be real. Heat in 5
    Lets put down 50 stacks. LOL

Default Re: Dallas will win NBA finals

Its been a great weekend thus far. A Mavs win would just top everything off! Can't wait!

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision

wow, you're such a loser I really can't believe it there are people like you. Firstly a letter from Hulk which he supposedly sent you and you posted it and now you are making promises for him

No way in hell you're Hulk aka Bladers, no way

Such a loser, and that retard Branslowski called you a good poster

You Kobe stans are really ****ed up in your head

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    The two best teams, this season, are squaring off. There really is no room for complaining from any other team or their fans. Boston/LA were not good enough this year; SA wasn't either. Thunder came up short and so did Chicago. Both Dallas & Miami convincingly won their conference final match-up.

I probably won't watch more then a game or two; have no real interest since LA is out of the running. Who do I want to win? Dallas. Mostly, Dirk.

I think he has played out of his mind this post-season and has been the MVP of the playoffs thus far; Dallas is a team that can really tire out Miami defensively. They have a ton of players who can spread the floor and they are never out of a game. They can grab a double digit lead in minutes and rally from behind just as easy. They are a confidant bunch, and despite being short-handed, are really really dangerous. They don't break as easy anymore (it appears) and have picked up their defense so much from previous years.

I really admire Rick Carlisle and what he has done in Dallas; I despise every-thing Miami stands for and hope Dallas can beat them.

I'm still puzzled at people comparing Miami to other great terms (in terms of how they were assembled). Do people understand anything about context?

You have three diva's who joined forces, in particular, LeBron who could not win a ring for years in Cleveland after being so close and promising Cleveland to bring them a title before he leaves. Being an arrogant douche bag; it's not the same as a team making a move to bring in a star player via a trade or even a free agent signing. Those guys clearly colluded and their intentions were known.

There were guys who were ring chasing but most of them were past their prime at that stage of their careers and weren't going to play a pivotal role anyways. No team in league history has re-signed or signed two players as good as Wade/James (relative to the current roster of players in the NBA) in league history. Yeah Shaquille joined LA when Kobe was traded; but he was 17 years of age at that time and coming off the bench. Yeah we had incidents of Allen/Garnett or Pau coming to LA; but those were moves made by the front office. Not players colluding to join forces.

The integrity is subtle; and I do not respect player's who intentionally taint the integrity of fair play. With that being sad; Miami isn't some unbeatable monster. I can totally see Dallas winning and in fact; I see them as the favorites (match-up wise).

Despite me not respecting what Miami stands-for; if they win the championship this year, I'll congratulate them for their accomplishment and call them the best team of 2011 season.
    Regarding the amount of context on these forums.. seeing how most people who most here are below the age of 18 and probably didn't really understand how basketball works 14-16 (depending on if they played organized basketball) I'd be willing to bet the average poster on here has an amount of context equivalent to a couple of years of following the league.

With that said that was a good point you made about the decision. If anything a precedent was set when three players of that caliber decided to join forces, all free agents. I guess if you look at the situation only on the surface it may seem commendable. Three players who decided that they would decide their own fates instead of leaving it up to the "white master" type owners and gms who seem to be able to trade players on a whim.

Looking at the context of the situation, however, shows hat the decision was simply a punk move by a player(s) who wanted to take advantage of a situation. Lebron had an opportunity with two 60+ win teams to win a title, and his team was only going to get better in his home state where his fans admired him like he was a deity. He gave all that up to play with someone who had already proven that he could win a championship and a finals MVP as a #1 option.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Regarding the amount of context on these forums.. seeing how most people who most here are below the age of 18 and probably didn't really understand how basketball works 14-16 (depending on if they played organized basketball) I'd be willing to bet the average poster on here has an amount of context equivalent to a couple of years of following the league.

With that said that was a good point you made about the decision. If anything a precedent was set when three players of that caliber decided to join forces, all free agents. I guess if you look at the situation only on the surface it may seem commendable. Three players who decided that they would decide their own fates instead of leaving it up to the "white master" type owners and gms who seem to be able to trade players on a whim.

Looking at the context of the situation, however, shows hat the decision was simply a punk move by a player(s) who wanted to take advantage of a situation. Lebron had an opportunity with two 60+ win teams to win a title, and his team was only going to get better in his home state where his fans admired him like he was a deity. He gave all that up to play with someone who had already proven that he could win a championship and a finals MVP as a #1 option.

those two 60+ win teams were basically just Lebron doing it all by himself. so it was not a real good team imo.. But I don't want to go back to that discussion again. Fact is, that Lebron is still a leader in Miami. Even with Bosh and Wad at his side he's still the leader of the team and the guy who made the important shots in the playoffs so far.. so if he gets a ring then he deserves it!

Not airballing my layups anymore

This will be a really great series. You have the speed of the Heat Defense versus the shooting of the Mav's offense.

The Heat D is super fast but Chicago was able to get open looks from 3. Chicago just could not make any shots when it counted most. The Mavs will hit most wide open looks (Dirk, Terry, Kidd, JJ, Peja, Stevenson). So, my guess is that perhaps the Heat double Dirk less (this is what OKC tried) and see if LeBron or Haslem or whoever can slow him down 1v1.

I still have issues with the Heat offense but obviously wade / bron / bosh are good enough to play iso all day long and put enough points on the board consistently.

Very good NBA starter

Dallas ORTG: 114
    Miami ORTG: 106

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision
    absolutely yes

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

10 1/2 hours to go.... THIS IS IT!!!

First two games: Dallas will win one, get blown out in the other game.

Next three games: Three in a row in Dallas, in which Miami wins one.

Last two games: Miami wins game 6. Game 7? Heart goes with Dallas, but brain picks Miami.