Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Do those "all natural" folk really bug you?

My grandmother was black, consumed whole milk everyday (most blacks are lactose intolerant, but her gut health was G'ed up), and lived to be 92. She could have easily lived longer, but she succumbed early due to some medical malpractices.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I know a dude who refuses to eat bread. He's not even an organic eater like that but he goes off on how humans weren't meant to consume bread
    hes actually fairly right. If you look at the advent of agriculture (i.e. grains) against the backdrop of human evolution, our GI isnt really designed for it. Its not as big a deal as all the freakout people are getting into over it (everyone is a celiac now), but its not complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    My grandmother was black, consumed whole milk everyday (most blacks are lactose intolerant, but her gut health was G'ed up), and lived to be 92. She could have easily lived longer, but she succumbed early due to some medical malpractices.
    This isnt really true. Unless you mean African-American by black. There are tons of black populations in africa that are massive milk drinkers (look up the East African Cattle Complex). These populations have evolved with cattle as a huge part of their subsistence but hardly ever kill them for meat.

I love the "organic" psychos who light up a cigarette after criticizing my piece of pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    It depends on what you mean. You should really look into the levels of pesticide residues on certain foods. We arent allowed to survey these fields when they have sprayed in the last week or so, but we can eat the residue? Our massive overdependence on pesticides and chemical fertilizers is impacting the entire gulf of mexico food chain - look at the dead zone around the delta). I worked in part of Ohio where you couldnt drink the tap water for over a month because of uncontrolled runoff of ag fields. Anything that helps us rethink our current ag system is ok by me.

Besides, organic isnt always more expensive. Many of the items in my grocery store in rural utah are the exact same price (or close enough), and I can buy way more produce at the farmers market for $10 than I can at the grocery store. You have to be smart about it. Dont buy a bunch of processed bullshit (organic or otherwise), but focus on the dirty dozen if you want to limit your pesticide exposure.

Chronic buildup is a legit health concern. Go back to kissing your own biceps blow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesticide_residue

Banned

They do irk me sometimes, but like all Dogma's it's only bothersome when they preach to you. People can eat whatever the fvck they want though, no skin off my back.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    It depends on what you mean. You should really look into the levels of pesticide residues on certain foods. We arent allowed to survey these fields when they have sprayed in the last week or so, but we can eat the residue? Our massive overdependence on pesticides and chemical fertilizers is impacting the entire gulf of mexico food chain - look at the dead zone around the delta). I worked in part of Ohio where you couldnt drink the tap water for over a month because of uncontrolled runoff of ag fields. Anything that helps us rethink our current ag system is ok by me.

Besides, organic isnt always more expensive. Many of the items in my grocery store in rural utah are the exact same price (or close enough), and I can buy way more produce at the farmers market for $10 than I can at the grocery store. You have to be smart about it. Dont buy a bunch of processed bullshit (organic or otherwise), but focus on the dirty dozen if you want to limit your pesticide exposure.

Chronic buildup is a legit health concern. Go back to kissing your own biceps blow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pesticide_residue
    I know there's some legit organic stuff, but if you're just walking around at Giant Eagle or Wal Mart I just don't see that big of a difference. I was at the grocery store the other day and there's PAM spray for like $2.00, then next to it there's Organic PAM for $5.00. Knowing damn well the stuff was probably made about 2 feet away from the regular stuff.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

nope, what other people chew up and swallow does not bother me the slightest bit.

   

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    I know a dude who refuses to eat bread. He's not even an organic eater like that but he goes off on how humans weren't meant to consume bread
    bread is delicious poison, and that's not factoring in the pesticide / GMO angles.

it may be safe to have bread and equivalents a small proportion of the time, but if you eat such crap regularly, you're basically spreading inflammation across your body from my understanding of nutritional / medical science.

@boozehound,
    i've seen some postulations in various papers that HSS may have indeed become healthily accustomed to grain intake after 10,000 years of agriculture. still i'm kind of skeptical that even punctuated equilibrium could have managed this feat.

even weighing evolutionary payoffs for such adaptive ability in the face of biochemical forcings, i can see many arguments either way... just as a layman-asshole on ISH. what think?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    bread is delicious poison, and that's not factoring in the pesticide / GMO angles.

it may be safe to have bread and equivalents a small proportion of the time, but if you eat such crap regularly, you're basically spreading inflammation across your body from my understanding of nutritional / medical science.
    I know this, yet samidges are my favourite food. Also how am I supposed to eat eggs without toast.

Who cares what bugs an alcoholic who's own family is ashamed of.

Look bakla, stop sourcing your whey from cows pumped with bovine growth hormone and people might buy your shitty supplements. Don't get mad at people for not wanting your low quality protein.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I know there's some legit organic stuff, but if you're just walking around at Giant Eagle or Wal Mart I just don't see that big of a difference. I was at the grocery store the other day and there's PAM spray for like $2.00, then next to it there's Organic PAM for $5.00. Knowing damn well the stuff was probably made about 2 feet away from the regular stuff.
    I hope you realize that Organic isn't some bullshit term that can be thrown around in the US. It's a legal binding contract for conditions under which the product was raised or grown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I hope you realize that Organic isn't some bullshit term that can be thrown around in the US. It's a legal binding contract for conditions under which the product was raised or grown.
    Right, and those conditions are flimsy as all hell. I think that's what he was taking issue with.

They're not flimsy, they're legally defined.

   

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    I know this, yet samidges are my favourite food. Also how am I supposed to eat eggs without toast.
    i know, i know...

giving up bread, pasta and crackers is pretty much like telling myself that i hate myself.

i'll just level, bro-- my family has really bad thyroid disease. such as, it shoots our inflammation way, way up regardless of what we eat, and we all pretty much die early of heart attacks and/or strokes.

i'm left with nothing here but a sense of brotherhood.