Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default Re: THE FINAL FOUR: National Semifinals and THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, April 2nd & 4th

The game me want to throw up, for more than one reason.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Default Re: THE FINAL FOUR: National Semifinals and THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, April 2nd & 4th

Was just a terrible game to watch..

Man, that was awful. Butler could have shot everything lefthanded and done about as well.

Good defense on both sides, though the shooting was horrendous on both as well. Question Butler going to the zone. It looked like the game was slipping away, but I still like to stay with what brung me. But I've got to yield to Stevens knowledge of basketball and his team. His defensive gameplan to open the game was brilliant.

Kudos to UConn. Ugly or not, it's a title. Even more impressive to me is the streak of what...22,23...consecutive elimination games won. That's a degree of mental toughness that's impossible to coach. You just hope the kids you recruit grow into it.
    Last edited by JMT; 04-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

I'm happy for uconn but this was one of the worst NCAAB seasons in a while. No talent what so ever and that's why we had all these lower seeds moving up in the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    I'm happy for uconn but this was one of the worst NCAAB seasons in a while. No talent what so ever and that's why we had all these lower seeds moving up in the tournament
    I don't think this is true.
    It's a very very very underrated season in my opinion, i enjoyed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    I think there was decent talent throughout NCAA hoops this year. Bigghest problem, imo, is that the media and most fans knew three guys: Kemba, Kyrie and Jimmer.

Derrick Williams of Arizona was clearly the best, most NBA-ready player in the college game this season, and nobody said a word about him. He wasn't in POY dfiscussions, and there weren't any threads here or elsewhere talking about his ability. A truly great season.

Kenneth Faried/Morehead St is probably next on the list. A generational rebounder who, even AFTER the tourney, nobody says much about. Those who pay attention to such things had him pegged as a 'Rodman waiting for a place to happen' a long time ago.

Jones/Baylor and Burks/Colorado are really good players with NBA skill sets.

Nolan Smith was on DUKE for chrissakes and people couldn't get past the trendy names.

Not to dismiss the guys mentioned earlier. Walker and Fredette were great college players. I don't think either of them will be great pros. The jury is out on Irving in my book. Barely played, but had impressive games when hoops fans were hungry to watch some ball. He really needs another year in college.

Unfortunately, more people derive their opinions about players from :18 second highlights than ever before. The talent was there. You just can't rely on sportswriters, who are trying to make their jobs as easy as possible, to point it out.

As for lower seeds advancing? What's the problem? The more competitive the teams, the more likely "upsets" will happen. I hate the term "upsets". They're only "upsets" if you believe the seeds are accurate, and it's long been proven that they're not.