Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: TRADE! Kings trade Omri Casspi, pick to Cavaliers for JJ Hickson

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    This is hilarious man. The Cavs when Bron was around were unwilling to trade Hickson for the likes of Amar'e Stoudemire, and now they are willing to let go of him for Casspi and a draft pick.
    not true. Yet another example of how the 24/7 rumormill (err, media) consistently mis-report this shit. This statement has been disproven time and time again. Hickson was not the deal breaker.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    he's borderline star, and on the road he's on, he'll be one. i stand by that. mark my words. a lot of you i swear either didn't watch him much last year or were watching something completely different than i was. I'd say he's in the top 15 PF's in the league EASY.

and if he were in this draft class, based on last years performance, he'd be the #1 overall pick.

And its absolutely absurd for anyone to say Casspi is the better player, let alone a GM. thats crazy talk.
    So, lets see.
    Amar'e
    KG
    Monroe
    Boozer
    Bosh
    J Smoove
    Brand
    Blatche

all better than him and thats just the east.

I also think its arguable that ty thomas and amir johnson are better than him. Dude is a hella athlete and has become a solid player, but its insane to think this guy will continue those averages to end the season. Typical case of a dude putting up big numbers on a crap team simply because someone has to IMO.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    So, lets see.
    Amar'e
    KG
    Monroe
    Boozer
    Bosh
    J Smoove
    Brand
    Blatche

I also think its arguable that ty thomas and amir johnson are better than him. Dude is a hella athlete and has become a solid player, but its insane to think this guy will continue those averages to end the season. Typical case of a dude putting up big numbers on a crap team simply because someone has to IMO.

that is laughable. you clearly didn't watch him last year, i'd bet on it. no way you can pretend Monroe is better, let alone Tyrus Thomas or Amir Johnson, you're fukkin nuts. he's better than Brand, arguably boozer.

i guess kevin love sux too. you guys can't keep pretending people are so overrated for playing on bad teams when they're doing it against 1st team competition or defenders. sure his numbers will likely drop next year with a stacked Kiings team, but that doesn't take away from what he can do as a main focus 1st option with touches. No, most players, even half of what you named couldn't have put up what he did last year.

either way i wish we could bet RL money since i'd bet the bank on him being way better than you're acting...

So, lets see.
    Amar'e
    KG
    Monroe
    Boozer
    Bosh
    J Smoove
    Brand
    Blatche

In addition to those players, these players wouldn't have done any worse than Hickson on last season's Cavs either:

-Ed Davis
    -Rashard Lewis
    -Boris Diaw
    -Brandon Bass
    -Taj Gibson

perhaps even Yi.

You have to consider the situation of the Cavs. There are no real legitimate first options on the team. No one plays them hard defensively.

Hickson simply got to take a lot of easy shots, didn't even hit that many of them; it's nothing to get excited about. The Cavs were horrible.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    In addition to those players, these players wouldn't have done any worse than Hickson on last season's Cavs either:

-Ed Davis
    -Rashard Lewis
    -Boris Diaw
    -Brandon Bass
    -Taj Gibson

perhaps even Yi.

You have to consider the situation of the Cavs. There are no real legitimate first options on the team. No one plays them hard defensively.

Hickson simply got to take a lot of easy shots, didn't even hit that many of them; it's nothing to get excited about. The Cavs were horrible.

lol you have no clue. and i guarantee you didn't watch him much. fyi the shots he got were a lot harder because they sucked so bad. he just played well, played like a workhorse, and i think its hilarious how a lot of you are talking outa your ass about a player i'm GUARANTEEING most you didn't watch much of last year to even know.

lmao easy shots. more like being a defensive focal point because he was their biggest threat. you don't really get easy buckets on bad teams. maybe you're talking about the gimme's he got when Lebron was there...

not true. Yet another example of how the 24/7 rumormill (err, media) consistently mis-report this shit. This statement has been disproven time and time again. Hickson was not the deal breaker.
    What was the deal breaker then? And please post the info with links so I can be informed, thanks.

Banned

hickson is a top 10 PF in the NBA

He gets easy shots because no one plays defense on the Cavs, because they got blown out every other night.

You think teams are playing hard defense when they are up 20 points? Hell no. Those teams are coasting.

NBA Superstar

He gets easy shots because no one plays defense on the Cavs, because they got blown out every other night.

You think teams are playing hard defense when they are up 20 points? Hell no. Those teams are coasting.

Cav's were in a lot of games, especially during the 2nd half of the year which made watching them exciting as a underdog upset team nobody wanted to lose to.

either way he got much easier buckets when Lebron was there than last season. if anything he worked for most of his shots last year playing out of position at center, but like i said you don't know what you're talking about.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    hickson is a top 10 PF in the NBA

yeah i'd say the same, but was just safe with saying top 15~

i have a feeling he'll end up really good considering he's only 22, and he is a very good big man that plays big, not soft. just hope he doesn't sit back and become complacent after proving himself last year.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

What a dumb argument. Hickson had the best run of his career the last month and a half of last season and the Cavs were actually playing pretty well... Went from having by far the worst record in the NBA to clawing their way out of the cellar.

Hickson averaged 20/12 during that span.

How many times did you watch the Cavs play last year?

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    This is hilarious man. The Cavs when Bron was around were unwilling to trade Hickson for the likes of Amar'e Stoudemire, and now they are willing to let go of him for Casspi and a draft pick.

Kill yourself.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    What a dumb argument. Hickson had the best run of his career the last month and a half of last season and the Cavs were actually playing pretty well... Went from having by far the worst record in the NBA to clawing their way out of the cellar.

Hickson averaged 20/12 during that span.

How many times did you watch the Cavs play last year?

yea i don't think most people watched him play last year and are judging JJ from prior years despite pretending they did...

he got very erratic PT the year before, and 1st half of last year, but it did him a lot of good since it lit a fire under him and made him value his opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    yea i don't think most people watched him play last year and are judging JJ from prior years despite pretending they did...

he got very erratic PT the year before, and 1st half of last year, but it did him a lot of good since it lit a fire under him and made him value his opportunities.
    Oh, don't get me wrong... He is still a complete block head who will fall asleep for long spans of games and he has maybe the worst set of hands I have ever seen in the NBA. I'm not sure if you are a Kings fan, but prepared for the JJ rollercoaster if you are.

He will have you thinking that he is an All-Star one game and a scrub in the next... Sometimes, his inconsistencies even crop up quarter to quarter or minute to minute.

The only really consistent thing about JJ are his awful hands, which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. But, when he has it going, he is very good. The key is trying to tap into that for more than a few stretches per game.

Decent college freshman

Wow, had no idea people were swallowing up Hickson like this. Pretty hilarious. Casspi isn't amazing, so its a relatively even deal, but Hickson is not some top 10-15 PF. He is Andray Blatche. No D, kind of lazy and inconsistent overall. Useful player, but I want him as my scoring big off the bench. He can't make his rotations and he gets worked on P and R.

There is a reason he was so readily available the second the season ended. Sell high while you can. The sad thing is, selling high on Hickson nets you Casspi and a maybe 1st rounder. If Hickson was that good, they'd have passed on Thompson for Vessely or LEonard or Thompson/Burks even.

This SActown team is going to be truly horrendous. Everyone on the team is a ballhog to the point of pouting if they don't get shots. None of them play D. Are they going to use 2 balls? Oddly enough this is exactly reminiscent of Milwaukee last year, adding Salmons and Maggette and dropping Ridnour. They lost their most team oriented player for 2 ball hogs and lost their identity on both ends, as Mbah Moute and Delfino were pushed out of the rotation at first and JEnnings was pushed totally out of his comfort zone, now trying to feed all these score first guys instead of playing like he did as a rookie. Their D was never the same. With Udrih,Jackson and Harris in place of Salmons,MAggette and Dooling, they'll be back.

Fredette-Evans-Salmons-Hickson-Cousins, I mean, just wow. The closest thing to even a mediocre defender is Salmons, but his effort wanes a lot and he needs strong team D around him. No help from his bigs will make things tough and he has to guard bigger 3s instead of 2s now. Evans and Fredette may work offensively, but defensively its putrid. Plus like I said, everyone needs shots, including MArcus Thronton off the bench. GS version 2!

This team would be a lot better with Udrih(extremely efficient last year), Casspi and having drafted someone like Leonard or Brandon Knight at 7. Keep Thompson around and put your energy into re-upping Dalembert, the one guy who plays D. Drafting Honeycutt was the one good move.