Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: What should the Timberwolves do with the #3 Pick?

if you want to have a better sg .. then wait for demar derozan ... ok go get brook lopez

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Mayo wouldnt be a bad choice. Thats 1, name me two others (not beasley/rose, they are going 1 and 2). I kinda meant name me 3 players that could be drafted at 3, that doesnt have you saying "Thats kinda high to take him there".

The reason I go Lopez? Minny has guards. You got Foye. Foye/Mayo? Eh, I rather go with Lopez downlow and try to work inside out. You can pick up guards in a trade or free agency I think. Big men/Centers? Good luck. Because say you draft OJ Mayo. Who is your Center?
    Dont know if it made it out to Philly, but Mccants is not a starter, all he does is score. He doesnt care on defense, he'd make a good spark plug off the bench.

I'd have no problems packaging some picks to get Lopez though...Robin. Or pray for Devon Hardin, or pray Chris Richard and his long ass arms improve. All we need is a big guy who can block shots and rebound. A wing player with Mayos potential plus Al's unstoppable downlow scoring would make a nice foundation.

Trust me, I see why most non Wolves regulars would think Lopez would be ideal, but this team needs spark, a future face, a playmaker, not a 7 foot stiff. This team doesnt have any good history of drafting big men, right Paul Grant and Rasho?

Sorry, Im completely sold on OJ Mayo being the right pick for this team. We're simply not good enough to be passing his potential and hype. Maybe if we were pickin 4th or 5th, Id take Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    Dont know if it made it out to Philly, but Mccants is not a starter, all he does is score. He doesnt care on defense, he'd make a good spark plug off the bench..
    You can find a SG faster than a C. You still havent showed me how you fill the void at Center. You got OJ and Al. Cool. Hole at Center bruh.

Minny doesnt have a good history drafting big men you say. What about guards?

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Slide Brewer at SF. McCants? OJ Mayo is better imo. Mayo/Foye is nice. Can it work? Maybe. But lets say it does

Foye
    Mayo
    Brewer
    Jefferson

That is a nice 1-4 on paper. Whats missing? Center. You gonna put Jefferson there? Who plays PF? PF by committee or glaring hole at Center?

With Lopez you solve your answer to Center. And push come to shove you can find a PG faster than you can a Center.

Not a Wolves fan so what do i really care. Just sayin
    Ryan Gomes>>>>>>>Corey Brewer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Ryan Gomes>>>>>>>Corey Brewer
    atleast for last season... i never thought that brewer would be a bust... well probably because he thought he was playing with kg .. but i wouldnt be surprise if brewer becomes a bruce bowen type of player... more athletic though

Give Brewer a chance!

Oj Mayo.. ill take him if I was Wolves..

Hes gonna be a ROY contender, i guarantee you that.

Saw a basketball once Andy Christ's Avatar

kevin love or oj mayo

Kevin Love would fit nice as the starting center but he's not a top 3 pick

Serious playground baller

Serge Ibaka

He is raw but only 18 and his potential is off the charts. He is 6'10" with like a 40 inch vertical, a great shotblocker, has KG like range on his jumpshot, and some developing post skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-6opHOfJJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9cP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZDgy...eature=related

unfortunately the wolves doesnt need another KG they already have Big Al Jefferson...

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
    Minnesota has a lot of interesting young prospects on their roster already, highlighted by Al Jefferson. What do they do with the #3 pick this year?

Espn mock draft has them picking Brook Lopez @ #3. Is this the low-post partner for Al Jeff? I had thought Lopez would be a waste at such an early pick, but if Jefferson and Lopez gel that could be a formidable front-line duo.

Thoughts on the Wolves other options?

Deng straight up for the #3 pick.

i dont think minny would do that they already have brewer and gomes... i mean deng is really good but no way this will happen.

Wolves fans are lucky. Us Grizzly fans have to settle for what's left of Mayo/Lopez/Love for the 5th pick.

God let us not pick another point guard.

Really though call for the Wolves. A top 3 pick should at least be an impact player. Not saying that Brook Lopez would have zero impact but his potential actually isn't that high. OJ has good size for a SG, something Foye, McCants, Jaric do not have, and OJ can be a star.

Logically you would have to pick Brook. But is he a top 3 pick? No.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Wolves fans are lucky. Us Grizzly fans have to settle for what's left of Mayo/Lopez/Love for the 5th pick.

God let us not pick another point guard.

Really though call for the Wolves. A top 3 pick should at least be an impact player. Not saying that Brook Lopez would have zero impact but his potential actually isn't that high. OJ has good size for a SG, something Foye, McCants, Jaric do not have, and OJ can be a star.

Logically you would have to pick Brook. But is he a top 3 pick? No.
    Thats pretty much it, cept i think youre giving Love to much "love". Grizzlies get whats left of Mayo/Lopez/Bayless/Galinari/Jordan unfortunately.

So its likely goin to be Lopez Gallinari and Jordan as Mayo should goto Minny and Bayless should goto Seattle.

I think Lopez will be fine in the NBA, its just you can't pick him at 3. Had we fallen to the Grizz, I'd be perfectly fine with it, but you can't pass up Mayos potential, hype, skills. Plus itll give us flexibility to play with Mccants, either package him and try to get a big via draft of trade...or move him to the 6th spot man. He's a scorer no doubt..but not starter material