Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

Btw, I do agree with you that Microsoft is a piece of evil shit when it comes to what they have done to the gaming industry. I am just saying that paying for services like Live and PSN was inevitable and totally justifiable considering the social and entertainment content that is being demanded from them...and of course, the security maintenance to protect all of your information(which costs money).

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    X-Box Live was vastly superior than PSN was last gen. You can bitch, moan, whine, and finish the piss poor book you just wrote here, but it doesn't change the fact that PSN was inferior to Live as an online service, and the quality was never up to Live in any way. I don't need to go into all the details, nor am I inspired enough with this argument to do so. Any gamer that experienced both services knows this, unless they're a bias because of brand or the fact that you don't have to pay for one.
    Xbox live was a superior service to PSN, right up until PS+ started getting good. Sony's paid subscription plan put Microsoft's to shame, still does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Gold was completely revolutionary on its own. It created a whole new generation of gamers who played online that would never play multiplayer unless friends were over. Made it so you didn't need a pc to play games online. Catered to the casual person who liked playing multiplayer games, but didn't have friends that wanted to play pc games. Which in turn ushered in the entire era of console gaming we have now where (for better or worse) FPS are dominant.

Made it so you can have an all in one-ish set top box (xbone with cable) instead of having a console and cable box. If you're fortunate now you don't need the cable box anymore.

Where M$ went wrong was upping the cost from 40-50 because they got ESPN. Then upping 10 more in a recession because.... And hiding everything behind a paywall. They made up for that by consistently updating the dashboard, getting new apps, (Netflix, HBO GO, Amazon etc etc), having servers that almost never went down last generation, and having party chat amongst other things. Honestly, if PSN+ wasn't the best bargain in gaming there still would have been a slim chance I would have went xbone. But I'm not paying 60 a year (although usually you can find it for 40) for the same shit behind a paywall. When the nearest competitor has a cheaper, comparable service.

Do I think that charging for online gaming is a bitch and completely unfair? Yes, but I'm also not willing to build my own pc right now. Am I glad Sony decided to charge for online service? Absolutely. I love getting free games, having party chat, etc etc. That to me is absolutely 100% worth it. But I almost certainly won't get an xbone this generation because I'm not paying for online on two systems. Personally, I think gold was a terrific thing for the xbox, brilliant idea, just the company got greedy and hasn't made it worth the purchase this generation, and really not since PS+ launched.
    Pretty sure even dreamcast had online functionality, but yes let us give credit for microsoft for creating online gaming...

I didn't play 3d world. Hear it is a goty candidate though, so it is on my list eventually.

An all in one set top box, if you live in north America you mean. They patched it for the uk, but you can't use snap to watch tv because the one will recognize the 60hz of the game, not the 50hz of the broadcast.

@ undisputed

Certain things were superior, party system, and achievem being the most obvious. But factually the actual gaming aspect of the services were the same. Ms made you pay for p2p servers.

I don't think ms is evil, just money sucking. They like to nickel and dime you, and now sony is followin, because why wouldn't they.

Steam seems to do an alright job of protecting info, no sub there right? Origin seems to do fine, again no sub. Psn got hacked because sony was/is incompetant. They used cheap protection measures, and got caught with their pants down.

Ms, apple, amazon, nobody is safe from hacking. If anonymous wanted to destroy these companies infrastructure they would. It might be harder than psn, but it could happen.

Banned

ps4 price raise in Canada to $449.00

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    ps4 price raise in Canada to $449.00
    What was the reason for this? I am out of the loop on this news.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    What was the reason for this? I am out of the loop on this news.
    sony said it was due to the declining value of the Canadian dollar

i already got my ps4, so phew... but they are raising game prices too

59dollars for new games to 69 dollars for new games...

$70 for games? I'll pass for now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Pretty sure even dreamcast had online functionality, but yes let us give credit for microsoft for creating online gaming...

I didn't play 3d world. Hear it is a goty candidate though, so it is on my list eventually.

An all in one set top box, if you live in north America you mean. They patched it for the uk, but you can't use snap to watch tv because the one will recognize the 60hz of the game, not the 50hz of the broadcast.

@ undisputed

Certain things were superior, party system, and achievem being the most obvious. But factually the actual gaming aspect of the services were the same. Ms made you pay for p2p servers.

I don't think ms is evil, just money sucking. They like to nickel and dime you, and now sony is followin, because why wouldn't they.

Steam seems to do an alright job of protecting info, no sub there right? Origin seems to do fine, again no sub. Psn got hacked because sony was/is incompetant. They used cheap protection measures, and got caught with their pants down.

Ms, apple, amazon, nobody is safe from hacking. If anonymous wanted to destroy these companies infrastructure they would. It might be harder than psn, but it could happen.
    you really going to act like psn was the same as microsoft live? Fanboy status confirmed....

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Got my second controller for the ps4

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    you really going to act like psn was the same as microsoft live? Fanboy status confirmed....
    I understand peoples need to justify their purchases. If calling me a fanboy helps you with that than so be it. I tore the ps3, and ps4 apart in this very thread, but yes I am nothing but a frothing sony pony.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    I like the color of it for some reason.I think the touch pad is ugly as **** though.

For anyone interested, apparently the titanfall bundle is down to 449 at a few retailers. If you are one of the people who bought the Titanfall bundle last week, go price match to get some money back. The difference would be roughly the cost of a game.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

How loud is the Xbox one? Does it sound like a jet engine like the 360?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    How loud is the Xbox one? Does it sound like a jet engine like the 360?
    It's quiet. I barely hear it while playing.

Has anyone had problems with the homepage on the Xbox one not loading up the apps?

Mine has been doing this for a week now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    Im hoping someone will come out with a PS4 controller designed like the 360 controller. By far the best controller ever.