Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mavericks reach 2011 NBA Finals! If they face the Heat, how do those teams match up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Dirk cant cover Bosh.. so there is a flip side to that coin
    why not just have chandler guard bosh and dirk take joel?

Default Re: Mavericks reach 2011 NBA Finals! If they face the Heat, how do those teams match up?

Quote Originally Posted by R.H.C.P.
    Correct. this is what Carlisle will do, and it will work fine. Anthony doesn't weigh noticably more than Dirk.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by R.H.C.P.
    If Chandler has to close out on Bosh at 15-20ft, Wade and Lebron are going to get into the lane awful easy, with Dirk as the only deterrent...

You could make Bosh beat you with jumpers, but considering how deadly he has been in the playoffs, I'm not sure that's a good idea.

I could also see Anythony getting a lot of tips and second chance opportunities with Dirk (failing to) block him out.
    Last edited by comerb; 05-27-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Miami Will Beat Dallas Again

Quote Originally Posted by alfonsito123
    This heat fans keeps on bashing us Mavs fans. well let us just see. we mavs fans aren't winning anything yet. its celebration as well as you heat fans celebrate when the heat would close out the bulls.

This finals is so exiting. I really wanted a rematch. the games would be exciting. lets just see who will win.

stop walking about wade, bron, bosh, dirk, kidd or anybody else. lets just see how the match ups go. feel the thrill guys.
    Nobody with any sense is counting out Dirk, Heat fan or otherwise.

National High School Star

Default Re: 2011 NBA Finals Preview: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

-lots of great outside shooting from the mavs is something heat haven't seen

-wasnt posey the guys the put on dirk to slow him down the best?

-please play james jones, stop playing mike miller PLEASEEEEE

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Correct. this is what Carlisle will do, and it will work fine. Anthony doesn't weigh noticably more than Dirk.

Haslem will play Starter Minutes So U cant leave him like Anthony.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Mavericks vs Heat 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    The Mavs have something the Bulls lack: someone who can get you a sure 2 points when you need it. That used to be Rose, but he hasn't been that guy during the Conference Finals. Dallas also has good defense, and Chandler is roughly as effective as Noah is in guarding the inside. This team also has better outside shooters than Chicago. They don't have a 2nd scorer the quality of Boozer, but the way guys like Kidd and Marion stepped up, they don't really need it.

I think people are underestimating this Dallas team. They really brutalized Kevin Durant, the league scoring champ for games 3/4/5 and Kidd wasn't blown apart by a speed freak like Westbrook.
    No knock on Durant, but he isn't half the player that Lebron is. If you cheat on Lebron with doubles, he'll carve you up with smart passes and strong moves to the rim.

But I'm certainly not counting Dallas out, they are playing great ball so far, and they are desperate to win a ring.

One thing for certain... The Heat need more consistency out of Wade to win a ring.
    Last edited by comerb; 05-27-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Banned

This Match up kind of reminds me of the 08 Celtics-Lakers Finals
    The Mavs(Lakers) are coming in playing some great Offense and Good Defense While the Heat(Celtics) are coming in playing great Defense and good Offense

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    The Mavs(Lakers) are coming in playing some great Offense and Good Defense While the Heat(Celtics) are coming in playing great Defense and good Offense
    That '08 squad didn't play teams like the Blazers, Lakers, (back-to-back defending champs), and an upcoming athletic-freakshow-powerhouse in OKC. They'll be more than ready, and unlike the Lakers in '08, they're tougher and have more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    1) This years Mavs are wayyyyy better than the 08 Lakers
    2)Dirk wont have a problem guarding Bosh. He'll be so tired from chasing Dirk around.
    3)Bench will mean alot in this series. I love how everybody is writing off the bench of the Mavs
    4)Is Butler playing? I hope he does!

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    That '08 squad didn't play teams like the Blazers, Lakers, (back-to-back defending champs), and an upcoming athletic-freakshow-powerhouse in OKC. They'll be more than ready, and unlike the Lakers in '08, they're tougher and have more experience.

No No No.. Heat Defense will Ratchet it up like NOTHING Dallas has seen this postseason.. AND Westbrook and Durant are NOT Wade and James..plus U have a 20 and 10 Bosh to throw into the Mix..

Not airballing my layups anymore alfonsito123's Avatar

Default Re: Miami Will Beat Dallas Again

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    Nobody with any sense is counting out Dirk, Heat fan or otherwise.
    I really didn't see the connection of my message to your reply

Quote Originally Posted by 3zazer1
    1) This years Mavs are wayyyyy better than the 08 Lakers
    2)Dirk wont have a problem guarding Bosh. He'll be so tired from chasing Dirk around.
    3)Bench will mean alot in this series. I love how everybody is writing off the bench of the Mavs
    4)Is Butler playing? I hope he does!

Heat just beat your Bulls now your HOPING Dallas can take them out.. Sore Loser just an FYI- Bulls look better if Miami wins than if they lose...in case U care

Heat just beat your Bulls now your HOPING Dallas can take them out.. Sore Loser just an FYI- Bulls look better if Miami wins than if they lose...in case U care
    Dude, LOOK AT MY ****ING LAST POSTS!!!!!!! Enough said

Heat just beat your Bulls now your HOPING Dallas can take them out..
    Whose hoping. I know they can take them out. Read my damn comment on the second page.

Sore Loser
    just an FYI- Bulls look better if Miami wins than if they lose...in case U care
    Judging by your name, you are another Lebron homer.
    Seeing that you really didn't dispute me with any logic other than the fact that "I'ma sore loser."
    P.S. just to point out http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=224315&page=2
    Quote Originally Posted by 3zazer1
    As True Bulls fan, let me say that we ****ed up towards the end. It was all our faults, no excuses.

We'll be better next year though