Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default CEO threatens workers jobs if Obama is reelected

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ire-employees/

Basically CEO is saying Obama will increase taxes and he will have to layoff employees because of tax increases. Romney is also encouraging executives to make their concerns about potential layoffs clear to their workers.

If you thought that your boss would fire you if Obama got elected would that make you more or less likely to vote for him?

National High School Star

Default Re: CEO threatens workers jobs if Obama is reelected

I don't read lib bias sites.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I don't read lib bias sites.
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ote-for-romney

There u go

National High School Star

Nm.
    Last edited by longhornfan1234; 10-20-2012 at 02:26 PM.

republicans and their rich friends are getting out of control...

The reason there are unions is because of situations like this. Republicans talk a big game about how much they love freedom and all this other happy horsesh*t...

telling people how to vote under the threat of losing job is about as anti-freedom, anti-american as it gets... but these clowns talk about saving america? lol

Truth is that these guys love only power and their own capacity to fulfill their greedy little fantasies of making the world their own little playground

the hypocrisy is astounding

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    republicans and their rich friends are getting out of control...

The reason there are unions is because of situations like this. Republicans talk a big game about how much they love freedom and all this other happy horsesh*t...

telling people how to vote under the threat of losing job is about as anti-freedom, anti-american as it gets... but these clowns talk about saving america? lol

Truth is that these guys love only power and their own capacity to fulfill their greedy little fantasies of making the world their own little playground

the hypocrisy is astounding

I have a hard time believing successful businessmen would layoff employees just because their marginal tax rates increased slightly. It would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. They know deep down layoff workers for no real economic reason is going to hurt them more than small tax increases

But ya it's disgusting how these guys treat their non-skilled labour. Why it's so importent to get diserable skills, so that you won't be raped by your bosses.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I think this is was posted when it came out over a week ago, but this scumbag is what is wrong with America. He admits that he won't take a financial hit, but will take it out on his workers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I have a hard time believing successful businessmen would layoff employees just because their marginal tax rates increased slightly. It would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. They know deep down layoff workers for no real economic reason is going to hurt them more than small tax increases

But ya it's disgusting how these guys treat their non-skilled labour. Why it's so importent to get diserable skills, so that you won't be raped by your bosses.

I hear you

To be fair though, Im gonna assume that this is a small group of politically active millionaires who take this route and that this isnt normal behavior.

At least I would hope..

Very good NBA starter

the guy has one of the biggest houses in america, with 3 swimming pools, and he's afraid of not being able to pay his bills if obama is elected.

fking republicans...

The memo:

http://gawker.com/5950189/the-ceo-wh...obamas-elected

Money quote:

You see, I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, so will your opportunities. If that happens, you can find me in the Caribbean sitting on the beach, under a palm tree, retired, and with no employees to worry about.

Signed, your boss,

David Siegel

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    He's basically saying his workers are unproductive. I would not want to work for this prick. I'm guessing he will fire a bunch of employees, they will go on welfare, and then he will be like: "Why don't these poor people stop being lazy and get a job?"

You aint lying.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    He's basically saying his workers are unproductive. I would not want to work for this prick. I'm guessing he will fire a bunch of employees, they will go on welfare, and then he will be like: "Why don't these poor people stop being lazy and get a job?"
    Fox news will blame obama for it too.

Fox news will blame obama for it too.
    Well of course.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ire-employees/

Basically CEO is saying Obama will increase taxes and he will have to layoff employees because of tax increases. Romney is also encouraging executives to make their concerns about potential layoffs clear to their workers.

If you thought that your boss would fire you if Obama got elected would that make you more or less likely to vote for him?
    There's audio of Romney supporting this idea from back in June.
    I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections.
    The Koch Brothers are doing this as well, in a less offensive way than this idiot telling their employees that if they vote for Obama they
    may suffer the consequences, including higher gasoline prices, runaway inflation and other ills.
    This guy too.