Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: In the Playoffs: Larry Bird vs Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    I find it ironic that a guy who once spoke about "slander," slanders me behind my back in a cowardly manner. Any time I have anything to say about someone, I say it directly to them when they're actually active in the thread, not when I think they're not around and won't see it. That's gutless. Anything I ever said to or about you, I said it to you like a man. When I wasn't talking directly to you, I never mentioned your name. Yet here you are still talking about me.
    LOL, I didn't PM the guy, I said it in the open. I told you it was strange behavior, when you and GOAT did it- I think within this year? No slander. Look at the post presented. You went back 4 years from the date it was posted. Now what you did in your post to me, I could probably legally pursue you and get a settlement. And yeah, measure my words. You lied vs I said you have obsessive traits. As a scientist you should know what you did was slander - a legal term. I described your behavior - not the same things.

Because unlike most people, I never say anything for which I don't have proof of.
    I wouldn't be talking the way I do if I thought that, now would I.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    1. Do you not watch Dwight Howard play?? The guy is LIMITED offensively, yet, he puts up 23ppg on 60% shooting. How?? It's because he is so much bigger and stronger, and quicker, and more athletic than all the other centres. We are currently witnessing the weakest era for centres the league has ever known. Trust me, Wilt could get 25ppg.
    I have my doubts, Wilt and Howard doesn't play the same offensive game and I think Howard's offensive game is way more suited for today's game then Wilt's. Anyway, this is a stupid topic since none of us can prove our standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    2. Alright, you're gunna have to give me your top ten rankings so I know where you stand...
    I'm changing my top 10 list all the time but I have Wilt in the top 10 but I have him after Jabbar, Hakeem and Shaq. If he would have won during his stats prime I'd have him ahead of Hakeem and Shaq.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Yet here you are still talking about me.
    Reg, obsessive behavior is a quality of the moment, not a statement of your being. I wouldn't take it so personal. I have obsessions and don't care when people call me out on them.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Bird, even with his inconsistent shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    Bird, even with his inconsistent shooting.
    Watching 'The Wire' right now... String man!

the greatest choker in NBA history vs a legend. hmm what a tough choice.

the greatest choker in NBA history vs a legend. hmm what a tough choice.
    I don't see any Robinson vs Wilt or K.Malone vs Wilt thread here. Bird wasn't the greatest choker ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    I don't see any Robinson vs Wilt or K.Malone vs Wilt thread here. Bird wasn't the greatest choker ever.
    then you have misunderstood. Wilt is the choker in that statement. Larry Bird is the legend, aka Larry Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Watching 'The Wire' right now... String man!
    "Where's Wallace?"

G.O.A.T show.

"Where's Wallace?"

G.O.A.T show.
    Yes.. I'm currently at the end of Season 1 and I have that same excitement I had when I started watching Breaking Bad.. And it's gonna get better also

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    As much as I can't stand that POS hebephile Karl Malone, I think his reputation as a choke artist is a little overrated.

He did have his mess-ups in the 97' Finals with his shooting from both the field & line, especially with his missed FTs in game 1, and didn't want to foul out at the end of game 5 which cost them precious time at the end of the game (they most likely would have lost anyway), but his overall production in the postseason was very similar to his regular season production. The only real drop was FG% from 51% to 46%.

Malone actually played well in the 98' Finals, but a lot of people just remember him getting stripped by Jordan at the end. It wasn't his fault that Russell couldn't stop Jordan on those last 2 shots (and can you really fault Russell much either for getting beat by Jordan of all people?).

He actually played very well in game 6, had the best game statistically out of anyone, and outplayed everyone in game 5.

While he surely was not the most clutch player, I don't think he was this huge choke artist either.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Yes.. I'm currently at the end of Season 1 and I have that same excitement I had when I started watching Breaking Bad.. And it's gonna get better also
    The Wire & Breaking Bad are like 1A and 1B among my favorite TV dramas.

Breaking Bad is a little more entertaining and faster-paced. The Wire has more hard-hitting emotional moments, I think. Scenes I can watch over and over again due to the acting, writing, and just the way it's put together.
    Last edited by Stringer Bell; 10-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.

The Wire & Breaking Bad are like 1A and 1B among my favorite TV dramas.

Breaking Bad is a little more entertaining and faster-paced. The Wire has more hard-hitting emotional moments, I think. Scenes I can watch over and over again due to the acting, writing, and just the way it's put together.
    Exactly how I feel about it so far