Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Do you think the Beijing Olympics will be Rigged?

China has far from the strongest basketball team on the world stage, but they have the largest fanbase of the sport in the world, and Yao ended the season in order to get healthy for the Olympic games. The basketball tournament is hyped up in China and the fans are expecting alot. I think China will get put into a weak basketball pool and even then have the refs throw the game in their favor until the semifinals in which case it will be too obvious to throw the game in their favor, China will get blown out and they will have to settle for the bronze, which they will win in another rigged game. Am I the only one who thinks that will happen?

Banned

Default Re: Do you think the Beijing Olympics will be Rigged?

They can rig every game and China still won't get a medal.

I really hope not.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

The home team always gets put in a weak pool. Look at Germany in the last World Cup. Such a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    China has far from the strongest basketball team on the world stage, but they have the largest fanbase of the sport in the world, and Yao ended the season in order to get healthy for the Olympic games. The basketball tournament is hyped up in China and the fans are expecting alot. I think China will get put into a weak basketball pool and even then have the refs throw the game in their favor until the semifinals in which case it will be too obvious to throw the game in their favor, China will get blown out and they will have to settle for the bronze, which they will win in another rigged game. Am I the only one who thinks that will happen?
    I loled. I heard Heat is still paying the refs for the 06

Banned

Lets say they get put in the pool with Australia, the lowest Euro seed and the lowest American region team. They advance from that, only to meet up with the top Asian team (whoever that is, they suck probably).

Next they will go against someone like Croatia and it will be impossible to cheat that game and they will get blown out. In the bronze metal game, they will be against some Eastern Euro team like Lithuania, who will get payed off to throw the game, and even then, they will only lose by 4.

China will get a bronze and declare their rellevance on the world stage. That is the scenario I see playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    I loled. I heard Heat is still paying the refs for the 06

US team will stomp the China team if need be. No way that game could be rigged without people noticing. They would essentially have to foul out the entire US squad.

In other words, I don't care if it is rigged. I just want the US to show up ready to play.

Dunking on everybody in the park jason816's Avatar

so much hate on Chinese basketball.

it's Olympic. no corrupted NBA refs.

I don't think so, because basketball isn't the only sport that China is hoping to succeed in, afterall, we're pretty good at table tennis, diving, and another random sport which I can't remember. It would not be worth it to 'rig' the Olympic basketball games, because of the magnitude and importance of them. If discovered, boom, China's reputation, already fragile, will be blown open. So I don't think so.

You can rig a game all you want, that's not going to stop Kobe and Lebron from completely dominating China. Then there is Dwight Howard, KG, Melo and other super stars.

I think after next season if Greg Oden can complete season he will also be on the Olympic team. This isn't soccer...USA >>>>>>>>China

Right now USA got nothing before they show what they can do in the OL. Every year we talk about not if they are going to win, but by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jason816

I hope that isn't a joke. There has been corruption in the Olympics in the past.

Decent playground baller

First off, just to get it out of the way... China WILL get preferential treatment in the Olympics because they're the host country. Probably in both the matter of having a weak group or in terms of getting "hometown calls". This usually happens with every Olympic(or other world-wide competition like World Cup) host country.

But to say things will be rigged is going way too far. And if it does get rigged, it will be due to mafia/sports betting rather than some government conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by jason816

agree their way stricter int he olympics, china wont win if they have yao! i ahte yao
    us team will dominate, but go the aussies