Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Default my thoughts on the cavs

I'll start with im not sure i really consider myself a big cavs fan but they seem to get so much hate on this board i guess i will go with them. i live in ohio so they are my home team, and the majority of the time i go to games it's at the q no matter what team im actually there to watch. love the q great arena, on to the cavs. zeller here lately has impressed me, he's looking much better this year and i don't know if he actually learned anything from bynum but i swear he stole some of his foot work before he left. love watching delly play what a steal he was, its funny people on this board as well as cavs fans rip the cavs drafting but before this last draft which i thought noel was the surest pick i was really liking the cavs hipster picks. anyways i will do my best on this board not to make cavs fans look bad and will be posting all my thoughts on them in this thread for the rest of the year. judging by the amount of posts in this section ill probably end up talking to myself lol.

Default Re: my thoughts on the cavs

3-2 on a tough western road trip. call me impressed.
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 03-13-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Since coming to Cleveland Deng has played better than he has with the Bulls, and he's still adjusting. He's putting up almost the same numbers, just a little bit more efficient and he's getting about 6-7 minutes LESS per game than he was with the Bulls, but still putting up 19 a game.

I really hope that Denver win was a stepping stone for them and that they can come into Cleveland rested and beat another quality team in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Since coming to Cleveland Deng has played better than he has with the Bulls, and he's still adjusting. He's putting up almost the same numbers, just a little bit more efficient and he's getting about 6-7 minutes LESS per game than he was with the Bulls, but still putting up 19 a game.

I really hope that Denver win was a stepping stone for them and that they can come into Cleveland rested and beat another quality team in Dallas.
    i think it's safe to say deng is the best player the cavs have ever got in a trade. can't believe grant pulled that off, really hope the start working on signing him before the season is up. ill be at the q for the dallas game which will be the first time i get to see deng in a cavs uniform live. hopefully they can push into the playoffs with this 5 game home stand.
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 01-20-2014 at 10:39 AM.

no game thread so ill post here deng looks fired up go cavs.

Learning to shoot layups

I agree. Cavs looks good after get Deng. They lost today, but I do think they can fight for the 8th spot.

Hope they can find a good trade by the deadline and keep improving.

was an ok game today. av played really well, dallas has some very good shooters and it showed,good road win for them. edit i wanted to wait till i watched the replay before i said horrible officiating, ill say it now those refs sucked! lol.
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 01-21-2014 at 09:00 AM.

i was going to post this is the nba section but im sure no one outside of cavs fans care about varejao. against dallas 18pts 21rbs 4as 2st

Quote Originally Posted by Fab17
    I agree. Cavs looks good after get Deng. They lost today, but I do think they can fight for the 8th spot.

Hope they can find a good trade by the deadline and keep improving.
    i would love to see the cavs make one more trade for another star, they have the contracts and picks to pull one off, here's hope'n.

Learning to shoot layups

Varejao is doing great. Putting this kind of numbers in a big market team would lead him to ASG, no doubt.

But you are right. No one cares about him, not even the brazilian press, after his refusal to play for the National Team.

Still, hope the cavs can keep him.

watching bulls vs cavs, the cavs could learn alot from the bulls. if they would just play defense and push the ball like Chicago does they would be a 500 team. you can tell the bulls are just better coached.

cavs finally win a game the way they should against the bucks and some key teams lost to help them get closer to the 8th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    cavs finally win a game the way they should against the bucks and some key teams lost to help them get closer to the 8th spot.
    Didn't see the game but Kyrie 10 points, 10 assists with 0 turnovers in 28 minutes impressed me from looking at the box score. Nice efficiency and a real PG line. Thank God we're in the Eastern conference so we can still end up in a solid playoff position if we play well down the stretch. We play the Suns at home on Sunday, and that should be another win, Phoenix has a nice team but we're above .500 at home and they are below .500 away so we should have the advantage.

zeller has come along nicely this year, playing with much better toughness and energy. and that mid range jumper is gravy.

on a negative note though, this cavs team is awful at closing out on shooters, the guards bite on so many pump fakes, then other times, there is no hustle to contest shots, shits ridiculous.

the suns game will be a good test for the cavs ,they play the run and gun style that has hurt them in the past. i agree the defense has been bad at times it seems like one week they have good offense and bad d, then the next week it will switch. maybe before the years up the will put some games together with both.