Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41484950515253 LastLast
    Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

get on the booze cruise babeh!!

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Rameek, how do you feel about Charissa Thompson being gone from ESPN? Meant to ask you. They've now lost Beadle and Charissa. SMH Sexy ass girls that know sports. Yum

Words can't express ho saddened and sympathetic I am for Adrian Peterson man. I can't even begin to think what to think I would do if someone beat my toddler to death. By his child's mother's boyfriend no less. The man had a history of abuse toward his own child and wife. I'm just in shock at how someone could beat a toddler to death with their bare hands. R.I.P.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Yeah, that news was pretty sad to hear, cant even imagine the feeling.

Speaking of football, how ya liking the Jets?

Geno playing well overall, better than expected, defense still top notch even without Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Yeah, that news was pretty sad to hear, cant even imagine the feeling.

Speaking of football, how ya liking the Jets?

Geno playing well overall, better than expected, defense still top notch even without Revis.
    Spoke too soon my friend lol

Banned

What is up?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Spoke too soon my friend lol
    Bad Geno showed up Sunday.

it seems he alternates weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Bad Geno showed up Sunday.

it seems he alternates weeks.
    Funny because Sanchez did as well. People seem to forget the good Sanchez though lol

Is it hard to find a summer job in New York City ?

I would like to work something related to technology,computer science,software development,programming,Android development...whatever.
    That's what I'm best at and it would help me at college as well.

But don't get me wrong,I would do almost anything just to get the opportunity to visit New York and live in it for a few months (July,August,September).

So,can any of you help me at any possible way ? Maybe some of you know some people who are willing to take a worker over the summer or whatever.
    I know it's not likely but I have to at least try

If you have something helpful you can leave it here or send it via PM. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Clutch; 01-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Is it hard to find a summer job in New York City ?

I would like to work something related to technology,computer science,software development,programming,Android development...whatever.
    That's what I'm best at and it would help me at college as well.

But don't get me wrong,I would do almost anything just to get the opportunity to visit New York and live in it for a few months (July,August,September).

So,can any of you help me at any possible way ? Maybe some of you know some people who are willing to take a worker over the summer or whatever.
    I know it's not likely but I have to at least try
    What school do you go to and how are your grades?

There's a ton of startups in new york who take on interns for the summer.
    Here's a map to get you started http://mappedinny.com/
    The good ones will cover travel and housing and pay around $30-40 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    What school do you go to and how are your grades?

There's a ton of startups in new york who take on interns for the summer.
    Here's a map to get you started http://mappedinny.com/
    The good ones will cover travel and housing and pay around $30-40 an hour.
    I'm a second year Computer Science student. My grades are pretty good but I'm not from the USA,I'm from Europe so I guess it will be tougher to find a job because of that.

And thanks for that link,it seems really helpful.
    Last edited by Clutch; 01-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.

I'm a second year Computer Science student. My grades are pretty good but I'm not from the USA,I'm from Europe so I guess it will be tougher to find a job because of that.

And thanks for that link,it seems really helpful.
    Yeah it would be really tough unless you go to one of the top schools and have some projects to show off. Even then most startups would have to pass because of all the paperwork that they'd need to get through just to get you here.

In this case your best bets would be twitter, google and facebook, but they already have offices in Europe so they would probably rather keep you there.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Yeah it would be really tough unless you go to one of the top schools and have some projects to show off. Even then most startups would have to pass because of all the paperwork that they'd need to get through just to get you here.

In this case your best bets would be twitter, google and facebook, but they already have offices in Europe so they would probably rather keep you there.
    I don't think the paperwork is a big problem for the companies. It's mostly on me to get the visa and permission to work in the USA. I think they just need to fill some kind of document so that I have a proof I found a job and that I can apply for getting a work permission.

I know it's tough to find a quality job but like I said,I'm willing to do anything. Even though I'm a programmer I wouldn't mind working as a waiter,salesman or whatever.
    That's one of the reasons I ask you guys for help,maybe some of you know someone who's willing to hire and put up a good word for me. Language is not a problem,as you can see my English is pretty good for someone who's not from the USA (I even went to some local competitions but nothing special).

I don't think the paperwork is a big problem for the companies. It's mostly on me to get the visa and permission to work in the USA. I think they just need to fill some kind of document so that I have a proof I found a job and that I can apply for getting a work permission.

I know it's tough to find a quality job but like I said,I'm willing to do anything. Even though I'm a programmer I wouldn't mind working as a waiter,salesman or whatever.
    That's one of the reasons I ask you guys for help,maybe some of you know someone who's willing to hire and put up a good word for me. Language is not a problem,as you can see my English is pretty good for someone who's not from the USA (I even went to some local competitions but nothing special).
    To legally work in the states you either need an H1B visa or a green card, and in both cases you need someone to sponsor you. Most larger companies have legal teams to deal with this and getting an H1B can cost a few thousand dollars.

That's why I said that you should consider the well established tech companies since they might have the means to make it work. (and usually even they don't bother for interns unless it's some Russian math olympiad champion; most of the postings for interns state that they only consider citizens and legal residents)

Unless you have family here that you can stay with, a waiters salary would have you living with a bunch of roommates deep in Queens, Brooklyn or the Bronx.

Your best bet would be to aim for something next year. Try to get a position as a programmer in your country this summer and work on a few projects that you can show off to make your resume stand out. Make sure you have your algorithms and data structures down, are comfortable in a UNIX environment, know Git and whatever language the companies you apply to use (Python/JS/Ruby/C/C++ are popular at startups right now). If you can pick companies that you like, see their job postings and learn everything that they want.

Most larger companies recruit interns for the Summer in the Fall and at this point are already on to interviewing the top candidates.