Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: Favorite Trash Talking Lines

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Some of that shit sounds real lame unless you were ****ing around and playing with good friends.

Like a few others, when I'm playing a game I don't say anything unless someone starts talking to me.

Learning to shoot layups

I seriously doubt most of you play serious basketball. On the court you're not going to be able to play 100% while talking, most of the times you only have time to say a couple words.

i don't talk at all unless somebody starts talking to me. today this asian guy was guarding me and playing pretty tough d and i took a contested jumper and missed and he was like "hell nahh!" so naturally i got mad and came right back at him next possession and hit a baseline fadeaway in his eyeball and he was like "**** that" and i just kept antagonizing him saying that's all day and i can get that whenever i want. i worked that fool today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic14
    I seriously doubt most of you play serious basketball. On the court you're not going to be able to play 100% while talking, most of the times you only have time to say a couple words.
    Dead moments, Out of bounds.. Free throws, etc? I only talk trash when I know I'm better then my direct opponent, usually works cause they'll try to take me 1 on 1, if I'm right and I'm actually the better player I'll take advantage of their egos..

most recently me and friends got into a heated game with a group of strangers who were frds

i was locking my man down, he was clearly irritated and tried to call some bs fouls, anyways i was just talking in his face all game on defense get into his head

"cant past me in your dreams son" even though he was probably older
    "sorry this road is closed"
    "shoot it, i dare you i double dare you" = air ball
    "was that good for u as it was for me?"
    "do you like that ? i know i did"

and of course i hit the game winner, and said

"good game guys, both teams played hard"

the icing was that i was wearing skinny jeans and armani loafers in this game, peer pressured game

true stuckey story

edit: lol good times cant believe i said that sh1t
    Last edited by Stuckey; 11-01-2011 at 01:54 AM.

NBA Superstar

In all honesty, I realized at a very young age that I am an absolutely horrible trash talker so I've never even tried to break into that realm. Anything I say comes across as weak, forced, and insincere. I think I came to this realization after I beat a kid in a game of one-on-one in 6th grade and walked away, saying, "Just look the shirt, man" (I was wearing an AND1 shirt that said "I'm sorry, I thought you could play on the back). Even back then, I cringed with embarrassment almost immediately after I said it.

Really, the only time I'll ever consider talking trash is when I'm being ironic while I'm playing with a group of friends or my younger brothers. For instance, one year when I was coaching 8th grade basketball, we played against a player who wore full Under Armour and was just downright obnoxious. Midway through the game, during a confrontation, he challenged, in all seriousness, "You wanna play?! Let's play!" So sometimes, I'll drop that line just to be ridiculous.

I don't use one liners but I talk a lot of ish as I'm making my moves like "don't give me that much space!" or "you gotta guard me closer than that."

Also when I'm defending a player who's about to iso I like to give them a lot of room out of their jumpshot range then challenge them to take it.

A lot of idiots start jacking up shots trying to prove me wrong lol

College superstar

lol....

I usually only spew out a few quick words...

if i block someone or blow by someone, i'll be like "nuh uh"

if i shoot and someone calls "short" or "board" and i make it i'll just cup my ear and say "what?"

I can't imagine spewing out any of those ridiculous lines listed above.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    not to brag, but i was wearing skinny jeans and armani loafers in this game, peer pressured game

true stuckey story

No man should brag about wearing skinny jeans EVER. Man card revoked.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    No man should brag about wearing skinny jeans EVER. Man card revoked.
    This isn't the 90s anymore bro, get with the times..

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

This isnt the 80's anymore. There is no justification to it.

When I am defending I sometimes just say No!. no! No! then if I get a block or a stop I just say 'i said no'.

I rule the local playground

idk if its trash talking, but i like to pretend im a commentator. i hit a lot of bank shots, its kinda my thing.. so when i shoot and know (think) its going in, before it hits the backboard i yell 'HE BANKED IT!'

lol people like that one a lot actually, always gets laughs. more effective if the defense was tight

I say "peace" to my friend when I get past him. As is see you later, I'm gone. It's become a joke haha.