Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ricky Rubio not as bad in Euroleague as you have been lead to believe

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    euroleague is amazing development league. been saying this forever. glad i was right. players get bored there, too easy.
    Then why did Rubio say that the NBA is easier than the Euroleague?

Default Re: Ricky Rubio not as bad in Euroleague as you have been lead to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Then why did Rubio say that the NBA is easier than the Euroleague?
    He mean's it's easier offensively. More wide open with the three second rule especially for players with court vision like Rubio. It sure wasn't easier for Spanoulis who averaged like 2.7 ppg. Slow Euros like Spanoiulis and Jasikevicius got exposed for that reason. Not only are they playing with better athletes but there is no zone to protect them defense. So for offensive wizards with court vision like Rubio the NBA offensively is easier. For slow, unathletic Euro guards like Spanoulis and Jasikevicius it is much harder.

Decent playground baller

BULLSHIT.

The United League is WAY BETTER than the Spanish League. Not even close.
    First of all, are you aware the united league is an international league?
    Secondly, at that time (2009-2010) ACB was considered as the 2nd best national league in the world. Still now it is considered and only you will consider Euroleague or United league as being NATIONAL.

If they choose to make a mediterranean league with Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, Greece... it will piss all over the united league. It is due to the poor competition they had in the eastern and northen national leagues that they choose to create an international league.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertyazerty
    First of all, are you aware the united league is an international league?
    Secondly, at that time (2009-2010) ACB was considered as the 2nd best national league in the world. Still now it is considered and only you will consider Euroleague or United league as being NATIONAL.

If they choose to make a mediterranean league with Spain, France, Italy, Turkey, Greece... it will piss all over the united league. It is due to the poor competition they had in the eastern and northen national leagues that they choose to create an international league.
    The United League is the national domestic league of Russia. United League games between Russian teams are what are used to count as Russian League games.

United League games are what are used to determine the league rankings by Euroleague for Russia. Euroleague officially recognized United League as Russia's domestic league. It's like what used to be USSR League basically.

So yes, United League is considered a domestic league for Russian clubs. And if you just look at Russian clubs, they are better on average than Spanish clubs are. So Euroleague, not only "me" considers United League to be a national league. Also, again, just the Russian clubs are better than the Spanish clubs on average.

So if you claim only United League games that occur between Russian clubs, it is still a better league competition than the Spanish League is.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    He mean's it's easier offensively. More wide open with the three second rule especially for players with court vision like Rubio. It sure wasn't easier for Spanoulis who averaged like 2.7 ppg. Slow Euros like Spanoiulis and Jasikevicius got exposed for that reason. Not only are they playing with better athletes but there is no zone to protect them defense. So for offensive wizards with court vision like Rubio the NBA offensively is easier. For slow, unathletic Euro guards like Spanoulis and Jasikevicius it is much harder.

Spanoulis is leaps more athletic than Rubio is. Rubio was one of the least athletic rotation point guards in Euroleague. Rubio said the NBA is EASIER than the Euroleague.

Rubio is less athletic and slower than Spanoulis, so if Spanoulis is too slow and nonathletic to play in the NBA, then so is Rubio.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Pass first point guards are just easy to underrate, especially in the Euroleague where they don't give you an automatic assist every time a teammate scores.

Besides Rubio was very good, even his last season. Anyone calling him a scrub at that point was a known retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Pass first point guards are just easy to underrate, especially in the Euroleague where they don't give you an automatic assist every time a teammate scores.

Besides Rubio was very good, even his last season. Anyone calling him a scrub at that point was a known retard.

90% of this board was doing that at the time.

Spanoulis is leaps more athletic than Rubio is. Rubio was one of the least athletic rotation point guards in Euroleague. Rubio said the NBA is EASIER than the Euroleague.

Rubio is less athletic and slower than Spanoulis, so if Spanoulis is too slow and nonathletic to play in the NBA, then so is Rubio.

MORE ATHLETIC THAN LEBRON

Rubio was absolute trash in Euroleague.

The word should have been "disappointment", didn't live up to the hype while playing for Barcelona. He was far from a scrub though.

And IMO, the ACB League was the best European back then. Not so sure now that the money is in Russia or Turkey.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

MORE ATHLETIC THAN LEBRON
    lOL

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    The word should have been "disappointment", didn't live up to the hype while playing for Barcelona. He was far from a scrub though.

And IMO, the ACB League was the best European back then. Not so sure now that the money is in Russia or Turkey.
    Spanish League is still way better than Turkish League. But it's definitely not as good as Russia's teams anymore on average.

The big difference is that the Russia system does not have a whole bunch of scrub teams. ACB was wanting to eliminate 4 teams, because there are way too many bad teams in it now. They should have done that, but unfortunately the smaller clubs rejected it. They should still do it.

Italy's league has too many teams also, and so does Turkey's league.

Greece has just 14, and really I think they should go to about 12. Russia has just 10. There should be less clubs definitely than 18 in ACB. If it had just 14, like Barca asked for, then it would eliminate a lot of scrub teams.

I also think the no relegation is helping the Russian clubs. The other leagues can't follow that, but maybe they should only relegate one club, instead of 2. I know Greek League really needs to only relegate one team, because they are bankrupting clubs with the current system.

Russia's system of having just 10 teams, using United League games to count as their domestic League, and not relegating the clubs is working like a charm for them. Of course, the $200 million sponsorship that Prokhorov gave the league did not hurt either.

Yes, Spanish League was the best domestic league a couple years ago, but gabepizza and some others are saying it is the best now, and it isn't. I would still put it 2nd though.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 11-29-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Rubio was absolute trash in Euroleague.
    This whole post is about exposing that lie.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2009

Here again I have posted the link for the world to see. This is the stats of Barca when they were Euroleague champs. As the link shows Rubio not only was a major contributor (4th on the team in mpg) and starting pg for the Euroleague champions. He also lead the EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONS in ASSISTS and STEALS.

This has caught you in a lie. You repeat the lie Rubio was trash but now it has been shown that he led a Euroleague championship team in steals and assists. So now it has also been shown that you are a liar. How many other things about Euroleague do you lie about?

I see where your twisted mind comes from. Yes Rubio might have been over rated in Euroleague. As many NBA fans might not have known he was not one of the top guards in Euroleague or even on his own team for that matter. But for you to turn around and go to the extreme in the other direction, claiming he was trash and one of the worst players ever when he was the starting point guard and major contributor of a Euroleague champion at 19!

I could go on and on with your lies. Josh Childress is another example. Yes he did not dominate Euroleague and NBA fans who are misinformed should be corrected. But you calling him absolute trash when he was selected to All-Euroleague second team (meaning the 2nd best in his position) and got his team to the final game and even in that loss led his team in scoring in rebounds, means he was not trash.

So 99% of this site know you are a troll. I just think it is cool that now with this link I have given it has been proven without a doubt that you are a liar. And if you would lie about Rubio being trash no one can really trust anything you say...troll.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Rubio never regressed, his coach just never used him correctly. Rubio's job in Barcelona was to give the ball to Navarro and go stand in the corner.

Its amazing. Some players never regress; its just the coach's fault for not using them the right way.

Wasn't the same exact thing posted about Lin recently?

Fanboys never get it. Its OK to admit that your hero isn't perfect, and has flaws that need to be worked on.

Rubio was definitely regressing when it came to shooting the ball. I'm looking forward to see if he'll be able to improve on that when he gets back.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    90% of this board was doing that at the time.
    Indeed.