Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote Originally Posted by RomoSexual
    Dirk can play the role of Pippen like he has always wanted to... Kobe will be Jordan like hes always wanted to be... works out perfect if you ask me.
    Uhh no, because Dirk's defense sucks... nice try but he's no Pippen.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    If what Bucher is saying is true, Buss brought this on himself. He could have just kept it quiet and analyzed deals behind closed doors. Now, he wont be able to maximize any deal with he whole league knowing Kobe will be dealt. All this negative energy surrounding the organization and the team...thats no setting for winning. Kobe had it in the back of his mind until this was brought up by Buss.

Kobe must be dealt now.

This is assuming Bucher has any credibility left.
    i'm having the feeling something has been going on behind the scenes since camp started and buss put his foot down...

think about this since way back, when kobe announced that he would opt out, all through the mess in colorado, and contract dealings...thru phil being released and the shaq fued what has bussed said over and over?
    he's always said, kobe will retire a laker, kobe is a laker for life, he once said to trade kobe away, the other team would have to sign over the franchise...
    even after the end of may, when kobe went on his radio tour, buss said he would not trade kobe...then bam! kobe's up for sale... why the sudden change of stance? that's why i say something is going on behind the scenes...gosh i hope phil writes another book someday...

I think it was gts that commented that Kobe seemed a bit disengaged in last nights loss against GS.
    no actually i thought it was the first game he seemed put out,,last night he was at least interacting with the guys and smiling somewhat...
    Last edited by gts; 10-12-2007 at 07:38 PM.

RomoSexual
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Uhh no, because Dirk's defense sucks... nice try but he's no Pippen.

Please, by the time his career is over, he will be considered alot better than Scottie Pippen ever was... Sure Pippen is better on defense but Dirks offense put him over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i'm having the feeling something has been going on behind the scenes since camp started and buss put his foot down...

think about this since way back, when kobe announced that he would opt out, all through the mess in colorado, and contract dealins...thru phil being released and the shaq fued what has bussed said over and over?
    he's always said, kobe will retire a laker, kobe is a laker for life, he once said to trade kobe the other team whould have to sign over the franchise...
    even after the end of may when kobe went on his radio tour buss said he would not trade kobe...then bam! kobe's up for sale... why the sudden change of stance? that's why i say something is going on behind the scenes...gosh i hope phil writes another book someday...
    and that would be the only logical reason that buss would have said what he said at this point of time... as i have said, the timing of buss's comments is completely stupid, so perhaps your theory holds water!

I pooped a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    If we gave up Deng, I'm not sure we'd have to include Thomas, but if we'd have to, so be it.

Hinrich
    Kobe
    Nocioni
    Thomas
    Wallace
    You are such a Kobe homer You don;t even look at the fact that Deng is putting up all star numbers at 22, with good defense, while Kobe will only play at an all star level for 5 years TOPs, probably nearer to 3-4 years. Deng will > Kobe in the upcoming years. You say that Deng's play is due to the system, but the Bulls don't even have a system. They runs iso's and use good ball movement to shoot threes. If you were a genuine Bulls fan you would know how they play.
    And sorry buddy, that team doesn't exactly equal a championship. I'm pretty sure Wallace would have to be shipped out if the trade were to go down, do to cap reasons. And even with that squad, the Spurs,Suns,Mavs,Celtics, Jazz, Rockets are better, and I even think a motivated Cavs team would beat them in a series. But, soon you will disregard everything I said due to blind homerism.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

think about this since way back, when kobe announced that he would opt out, all through the mess in colorado, and contract dealins...thru phil being released and the shaq fued what has bussed said over and over?
    he's always said, kobe will retire a laker, kobe is a laker for life, he once said to trade kobe the other team whould have to sign over the franchise...
    even after the end of may when kobe went on his radio tour buss said he would not trade kobe...then bam! kobe's up for sale... why the sudden change of stance? that's why i say something is going on behind the scenes...gosh i hope phil writes another book someday...

no actually i thought it was the first game he seemed put out,,last night he was at least interacting with the guys and smiling somewhat...
    here will be a telling sign... how quickly Ben Gordon and Deng's new contracts get done. Lakers cannot trade for these guys with their contracts outstanding because their agents could bend the Lakers over. Their new contracts have to get done first, then make a trade (based off their current contracts of course).

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    here will be a telling sign... how quickly Ben Gordon and Deng's new contracts get done. Lakers cannot trade for these guys with their contracts outstanding because their agents could bend the Lakers over. Their new contracts have to get done first, then make a trade (based off their current contracts of course).
    Sign and trades..... interesting... the gm is correct again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Sign and trades..... interesting... the gm is correct again.

to be more accurate, they could not trade them based on their new contracts (until next summer), it would off their current contracts....which means Noci or Ben Wallace would HAVE to be included to make the math work.

And since the Lakers already have their own version of Noci in the form of Luke. Thus, ship out Ben Wallace to the Suns for either:
    a) Marion (send along other pieces to make it work).
    b) Barbosa, Diaw, and Atlanta's 1st rd pick.

Superstar

So fellow Laker fans, how will it feel when Kobe is winning chips and breaking records else where while Bynum doesn't pan out to what the FO envisions him to be?

So fellow Laker fans, how will it feel when Kobe is winning chips and breaking records else where while Bynum doesn't pan out to what the FO envisions him to be?
    the same way it feels now that Shaq has won another ring while we got bounced the last 2 years.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    I've been reading numbers like 70 million for Gordon and that is not happening. In the case of Deng having him sign an extension would be preferable if you're the Lakers. But in the case of Gordon I would let another team make an offer because he has 2 major things going against him:

1) He's undersized for a SG.
    2) He's a defensive liability.

I would still be suprised if he gets a better deal than what Hinrich got on the open market. If I'm the Lakers I do not want him at 60+ million.

If I was a Laker fan I would curse loudly everytime I hear the name "Kupchak". What a cluster****.

shhhhhhh

you know honestly hotsizzle...

if this is what it takes to send the drama away then so be it... i'm just so tired of the BS that seems to constantly surround kobe...
    be it the shaq feud or the one with phil. the colorado deal... malone and i'm sure i forgot something else... the guy just has too much drama around him and if this is what it takes to get everyone back on track then let's go, in the words of kobe "ship his ass out of here"

I pooped a hammer.

- Deng is not an all-star, period.
    Caron Butler was a All-Star last season.
    -They are comparable defenders
    -They are around equal rebounders, and Deng may even have the edge, because Caron's rebounding numbers are a bit inflated due to playing in the Wizard's fast paced offense
    -While Caron averaged 0.3 more PPG last season, Deng blew him away in FG%:
    Caron's %46 compared to Deng's 52%
    -Deng is more durable

Seems like Deng is better than the reserve Forward All-Star last year, which basically makes him, and what he was playing at, an All-Star level.

- 5 years is all Kobe needs to destroy this pathetic East.
    Even if Kobe did carry the Dengless, Gordonless Bulls to the Finals (which is extremely unlikely) he still has to play against the best of the West, which basically means a sweep for the Spurs/Suns/Mavs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBull33
    Caron Butler was a All-Star last season.
    -They are comparable defenders
    -They are around equal rebounders, and Deng may even have the edge, because Caron's rebounding numbers are a bit inflated due to playing in the Wizard's fast paced offense
    -While Caron averaged 0.3 more PPG last season, Deng blew him away in FG%:
    Caron's %46 compared to Deng's 52%
    -Deng is more durable

Seems like Deng is better than the reserve Forward All-Star last year, which basically makes him, and what he was playing at, an All-Star level.

Even if Kobe did carry the Dengless, Gordonless Bulls to the Finals (which is extremely unlikely) he still has to play against the best of the West, which basically means a sweep for the Spurs/Suns/Mavs/etc.
    Deng will not be an all-star anytime soon. too many better forwards. maybe if he can transition to the SG spot.
    Josh Smith is about to pass him up. Josh already outrebounds, out-assists, and wayyyyyy out-blocks Deng.

Superstar

you know honestly hotsizzle...

if this is what it takes to send the drama away then so be it... i'm just so tired of the BS that seems to constantly surround kobe...
    be it the shaq feud or the one with phil. the colorado deal... malone and i'm sure i forgot something else... the guy just has too much drama around him and if this is what it takes to get everyone back on track then let's go, in the words of kobe "ship his ass out of here"
    I want him gone too, not for the same reasons though. It's whats best for both parties, not in terms of whats best for winning, but whats best in terms of what they want.

Kobe wants to win now, there are plenty of teams out there that share the same goals...its best if he goes to one of them.

Lakers want youth and rebuilding process, its best to trade Kobe for youth, picks, salary relief.

This whole time, I hoped Lakers would be trying full force to build a championship team because thats their motive...but most of their attempts have been to appease Kobe...they really want to build for the future as Jerry hands his franchise over to Jimmy.

The tough part is Laker fanhood here. I know trading Kobe is the absolute wrong thing to do for this team. It's just sooo stupid to waste the best player in the game in his prime like this (especially if hes someone as determined as Kobe)...so incompetent. But its time for it to be done. Best for Kobe and its what the FO ultimately wants.