Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mike Fratello: European Basketball Is More Physical Than The NBA

Just like I have been saying in this forum all along.

http://twitter.com/#!/ismailsenol/st...28661882372098
    http://twitter.com/#!/ismailsenol/st...28801833705472

Mike Fratello: "It's a more physical game over here. NBA rules helped change the game that brought scoring up. This is a man's game over here."

Mike Fratello: "I'm very anxious to see the reaction from the NBA players that come over here. They'll be awakened to the style of bball."

Default Re: Mike Fratello: European Basketball Is More Physical Than The NBA

So funny, how all the American NBA fans are trying to ignore this.

Its funny how in spite of that, we're the Olympic and FIBA champions. Came into your house and took the rings

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Its funny how in spite of that, we're the Olympic and FIBA champions. Came into your house and took the rings
    So funny, how even the FIBA refs admitted they rigged those tournaments................yeah hilarious.

Can't wait to see Deron Williams average 50/10/10

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Can't wait to see Deron Williams average 50/10/10
    If he was so good why did he sign to play in the second division level of Europe and not the top level division?

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    So funny, how even the FIBA refs admitted they rigged those tournaments................yeah hilarious.
    Oh come on you can

[QUOTE=Vienceslav]Oh come on you can

If he was so good why did he sign to play in the second division level of Europe and not the top level division?
    Because money.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Then how come FIBA's own ref said Spain would have won but the refs were instructed to help Team USA win?

So funny, how all the American NBA fans are trying to ignore this.
    So, when will I see Sofoklis dominate, since he is 10x the player Kaman (who is doing damn good right now with Germany) and Camby can ever dream of being.

So funny, how you will try to ignore that.

NBA style of play was always geared towards iso's and fast court opportunities, therefore highlighting individual abilities of players. Euro tough grind-it-out half-court game is not to everyone's taste, but it's the classical style of basketball which is getting more and more forgotten. Players can pack the paint for as long as they want defensively and we can withness true zones as well (not pseudo half-zones of NBA)

NBA Superstar

its common sense, the European game is played below the rim, less airspace, therefore more contact.

Good job captain obvious!

In other news, American basketball players cut from NBA teams still win player of the week, month and year honors in top Euro leagues.

Maybe they were also too physical for the NBA?

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Can't we just agree that Euroball is more physical with less physically-imposing players, with the opposite being true for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    Can't we just agree that Euroball is more physical with less physically-imposing players, with the opposite being true for the NBA.
    not really...Top european teams on average have taller players than NBA ones and those dudes are actually allowed to display toughness defensively instead of a pansy league that NBA is nowadays. NBA players are faster and more athletic though