Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Melo has 43 on 3 free throw attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    What are you talking about? If its any superstar in the league who gets the least respect in that aspect its Lebron... he used to get respect there years ago, but nowadays it is the biggest opposite believe it or not....

Durant averages ~9 FTA
    Carmelo averages ~8 FTA
    Lebron averages ~6 FTA... thats by far his lowest since his god damn rookie year where he also averaged 6 FTA...

He is still attacking the rim and everything, its just that he is not getting those shooting calls anymore... those fouls Durant & Carmelo get right now... i think its because of Lebrons strength or something and he seems to not sell (flop) it so well i guess... neither does he like to do the "fake & jump into defender" thing like so many superstars love to do....
    KD's an awesome player but don't group Melo in w/ him in terms of ref treatment. KD is on a whole other level when it comes to getting awarded FTs... and sure maybe you're right but I'll stand by my statement that #7 on the Knicks gets less respect than #6 on the Heat or #35 on the Thunder etc.

Howard is the most disrespected. Howard has, for the most part, not been one to dish out, even in retaliation (that's changing). He gets called for absolutely everything, despite the fact that he's getting killed.

Kevin Martin at least creates some illusion of a hack or gets cheap calls. He's crafty. Durant doesn't do that. There are just a lot of bad calls he gets. It's impossible to defend him if they're going to officiate him this way.

What are you talking about? If its any superstar in the league who gets the least respect in that aspect its Lebron... he used to get respect there years ago, but nowadays it is the biggest opposite believe it or not....

Durant averages ~9 FTA
    Carmelo averages ~8 FTA
    Lebron averages ~6 FTA... thats by far his lowest since his god damn rookie year where he also averaged 6 FTA...

He is still attacking the rim and everything, its just that he is not getting those shooting calls anymore... those fouls Durant & Carmelo get right now... i think its because of Lebrons strength or something and he seems to not sell (flop) it so well i guess... neither does he like to do the "fake & jump into defender" thing like so many superstars love to do....

Lebron is also responsible for a lot of offensive fouls that he doesn't get called for. So I feel little sympathy for him. Historically, he hasn't been gipped by the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    What's the point of this? 8 is a high amount of free throws. It's how much superstars usually get any given game. You raise it to 10 and what not then it's not an anomaly...it's the norm.

Whats the point of looking for the norm?

You raise it to 8, then you can just keep saying "but _______ has 5 other games with 9 FTA" and on and on. I don't know why, really, just felt like 10 is a good cut-off point, especially for a 40+ point game.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

Out of 32 40-point games

5 or fewer FTA: 5
    10 or fewer FTA: 16 (with one game of 11 FTA)
    pretty sweet, thanks

Vince had a 45 point game with only 3 ft attempts and a 40 poi t game with 2 ft attempts.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Howard gets his foul calls. He's also called when he fouls people. I don't call that getting disrespected, I call that reality. That's in keeping with the rest of the league. Not everyone is going to get Lebron treatment where they refuse to call anything on you.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Howard gets his foul calls. He's also called when he fouls people. I don't call that getting disrespected, I call that reality. That's in keeping with the rest of the league. Not everyone is going to get Lebron treatment where they refuse to call anything on you.
    Do you ever get tired of being wrong all the time? Stick to Euroleague, clown

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Durant averages ~9 FTA
    Carmelo averages ~8 FTA

He is still attacking the rim and everything, its just that he is not getting those shooting calls anymore... those fouls Durant & Carmelo get right now... i have no idea what is going on, i think its because of Lebrons strength or something and he seems to not sell (flop) it so well i guess... neither does he like to do the "fake & jump into defender" thing like so many superstars cant wait to do....

Lebron doesn't get alot of calls going to the rim, but the refs protect him as a defender. He is never in foul trouble, whereas Melo doesn't get calls on either side.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Sorry can you explain why they call a foul on lebron.Lebron has never been a foul prone player.Did you even watch him.Unlike most people he never gets that reachin fouls.He doesnt go for shot fakes.Most of his blocks are clean because he rarely tries to block straight up.His steals are not because of his reachins but he plays passing lanes better than almost anyone in the league.

Whats interesting is lebron is getting hacked most of the time and he doesnt get the calls he used to get during previous seasons.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Sorry can you explain why they call a foul on lebron.Lebron has never been a foul prone player.Did you even watch him.Unlike most people he never gets that reachin fouls.He doesnt go for shot fakes.Most of his blocks are clean because he rarely tries to block straight up.His steals are not because of his reachins but he plays passing lanes better than almost anyone in the league.

Whats interesting is lebron is getting hacked most of the time and he doesnt get the calls he used to get during previous seasons.
    I was responding to a dude who correctly said that Lebron gets away with many offensive fouls. Defense is a different issue - I think Howard gets away with quite a bit on defense as well. But unlike Lebron if he shoves a guy out the way he gets called for it.

BTW carmelo had only 3 attempts in paint.He converted one the other was a foul and he missed the last one.All of his shot attempts outside of these 3 were jumpshots.Dont expect a jumpshooter to shoot a lot of freebies

I was responding to a dude who correctly said that Lebron gets away with many offensive fouls. Defense is a different issue - I think Howard gets away with quite a bit on defense as well. But unlike Lebron if he shoves a guy out the way he gets called for it.
    Hmm sorry i missed that part.You are probably right he is treated like shaq in that regard.He just bulls his way into the lane

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I would trade Melo for Durant, but yeah Melo gets absolutely no respect. Some guy sticks his fingers on his eyes twice in 5 seconds and Melo gets a technical.

WTF is that.. No Ny teams get any respect from the refs... I guess they will have to wait till the league wants them in the finals...

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

WTF is your problem CF86? Why are you so butthurt about OKC recently? I stuck up for you when you got banned.. I regret it. I shall enjoy the Clippers getting wiped out in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    WTF is your problem CF86? Why are you so butthurt about OKC recently? I stuck up for you when you got banned.. I regret it. I shall enjoy the Clippers getting wiped out in the second round.
    He's been pretty salty towards the Thunder all season.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    He's been pretty salty towards the Thunder all season.
    Yeah I know, but he was never like this last season if I remember right. Dude's a straight b!tch.