Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    yep. "the league needs more owners like CUban!" and so forth
    That's true.

I'm not mad at the letter, honestly.

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    That's true.

I'm not mad at the letter, honestly.
    Dude had no class and wasn't thinking. It's good that he wanted to assure Cavs fans that things would be ok, but he went too far. It's too far when you start throwing out personal attacks and acting like an emotional fan rather than an older, wiser, extremely wealthy businessman. Realize it's a business it's a business and move on. It's ok to be mad or disappointed, but you have to learn to control your emotions. This is the only time when I hope Stern fines the shit outta him.

I don't see anyone could not criticize this letter. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Dude had no class and wasn't thinking. It's good that he wanted to assure Cavs fans that things would be ok, but he went too far. It's too far when you start throwing out personal attacks and acting like an emotional fan rather than an older, wiser, extremely wealthy businessman. Realize it's a business it's a business and move on. It's ok to be mad or disappointed, but you have to learn to control your emotions. This is the only time when I hope Stern fines the shit outta him.

I don't see anyone could not criticize this letter. It's ridiculous.
    I do feel like it might have been over the top, but I can understand his reaction. Even though I feel if he had taken a day to sleep on it, he wouldn't have published it (because it is a bad idea). But regardless, maybe this will help him connect with the fans more, because from what I hear, they have been saying pretty much the same things.

This was definitely a low blow, but Lebron threw the first punch. While I definitely doubt he intended to hurt anyone with all this "The Decision" hoopla, the fact is, he did. And he knew he would.

Say "it's business" to the 9 year old kid whose hero just left town to go join up with one of his rivals in a more glamorous city, and made a spectacle out of it. Because no one could say shit to me when Shaq left.

LAL|LAC

Lol at writing it in Comic Sans.

I do feel like it might have been over the top, but I can understand his reaction. Even though I feel if he had taken a day to sleep on it, he wouldn't have published it (because it is a bad idea). But regardless, maybe this will help him connect with the fans more, because from what I hear, they have been saying pretty much the same things.

This was definitely a low blow, but Lebron threw the first punch. While I definitely doubt he intended to hurt anyone with all this "The Decision" hoopla, the fact is, he did. And he knew he would.

Say "it's business" to the 9 year old kid whose hero just left town to go join up with one of his rivals in a more glamorous city, and made a spectacle out of it. Because no one could say shit to me when Shaq left.
    Nah I feel you. A 9 year old kid has the right to be this mad. He has the right to say whatever he wants. However, a 50 something year-old man does not. It's immature and classless.

I'm hearing that the fans are saying the same things too. I'm not trying to disrespect Cleveland, but that city is full of losing and failures. This just adds insult to injury. It's unfortunate that LeBron had to end it like this, but like Stuart Scott said.....Dan Gilbert and the Cavs organization have fueled and gassed LeBron since he was a kid. They already knew he how was. If he were to have a one hour special to announce he was re-signing, Gilbert wouldn't have said shit.

What I don't like is that there are rumors about LeBron's dirty laundry being leaked. That isn't fair and it isn't right. The Cavs worth has been been increased by $250M since LeBron has been drafted. Imagine how much money Gilbert has made off of him. Now that he does a 1 hour special expressing his desire to leave he's public enemy #1? I'm sorry but I don't see the logic.

I come from an area where we lost a team. Not a player, but a whole ****ing team. We hated the owner, but didn't boycott him(like this) or publicly try to ruin his image. We were bitter but moved on. Cleveland seems like they want this guy to burn in hell. Gimme a break.

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

Did you guys hear Fat Head(owned by Dan Gilbert) is selling Lebrons Fat head for ...

They have been marked down drastically on the Fathead website, from $99.99 to $17.41.

1741 representing benedict arnold.

What an f'in douche move.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...edict-arnold/1

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
    Did you guys hear Fat Head(owned by Dan Gilbert) is selling Lebrons Fat head for ...

They have been marked down drastically on the Fathead website, from $99.99 to $17.41.

It is pretty funny though. It isn't like Lebron fatheads with a cavs jersey are going to be big sellers now.

Banned

oh please...only retarded people worship "heroes". Cleveland is just full of losers living in a shity place who are bitter. Like they thought lebron was part of a family? please he s a ****ing multimillionaire sport athlete.
    They should have known better and they shouldnt have been sucking on his **** so much.

Their over the top deception is proportionnal to their over the top love for the guy.
    All this story smelled insanity, and affective dependency since the beginning. And you wonder why he left. He got sick of carrying the weight of a city full of losers with nothing in life but his achievements. He got sick of people living viacarously thru him.

Now he 's on his own doing his thing without the stupid , unhealthy pressure from a whole city. He owes nothing to these people.
    Last edited by Funnyfuka; 07-09-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Nah I feel you. A 9 year old kid has the right to be this mad. He has the right to say whatever he wants. However, a 50 something year-old man does not. It's immature and classless.

I'm hearing that the fans are saying the same things too. I'm not trying to disrespect Cleveland, but that city is full of losing and failures. This just adds insult to injury. It's unfortunate that LeBron had to end it like this, but like Stuart Scott said.....Dan Gilbert and the Cavs organization have fueled and gassed LeBron since he was a kid. They already knew he how was. If he were to have a one hour special to announce he was re-signing, Gilbert wouldn't have said shit.

What I don't like is that there are rumors about LeBron's dirty laundry being leaked. That isn't fair and it isn't right. The Cavs worth has been been increased by $250M since LeBron has been drafted. Imagine how much money Gilbert has made off of him. Now that he does a 1 hour special expressing his desire to leave he's public enemy #1? I'm sorry but I don't see the logic.

I come from an area where we lost a team. Not a player, but a whole ****ing team. We hated the owner, but didn't boycott him(like this) or publicly try to ruin his image. We were bitter but moved on. Cleveland seems like they want this guy to burn in hell. Gimme a break.
    I agree, especially with the bolded part.

I'm sure Gilbert has done things that he would hope don't see the light of day, this revenge act is petty.

I think Cleveland put too much into him. It seems like a lot of their hopes and dreams were implanted in him, I've even heard some fans wishing injuries on him and that's not right, either.

The riots and such were alot, but I think that's what happens when you mix alcohol and anger, which I can't be mad at them for being. Especially when he said "I won't stop until I bring a championship to Cleveland".

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Cavs owner says Cleveland will win NBA title before LeBron? The man is obviously drunk.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was drowing his sorrows in a bottle of whisky when he wrote this.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    oh please...only retarded people worship "heroes". Cleveland is just full of losers living in a shity place who are bitter. Like they thought lebron was part of a family? please he s a ****ing multimillionaire sport athlete.
    They should have known better and they shouldnt have been sucking on his **** so much.

Their over the top deception is proportionnal to their over the top love for the guy.
    All this story smelled insanity, and affective dependency since the beginning. And you wonder why he left. He got sick of carrying the weight of a city full of losers with nothing in life but his achievements. He got sick of people living viacarously thru him.

Now he 's on his own doing his thing without the stupid , unhealthy pressure from a whole city. He owes nothing to these people.
    You think kids are retarded for looking up to athletes? It happens all the time.

Like I said, I'm happy he's in South FLorida, and apart of one of my favorite teams, but I genuinely feel for CLE fans.

s/n: Was anyone watching WPTV a few minutes ago? Where the kid from Cleveland was visiting Palm Beach Gardens Mall, and he bought the Miami/Lebron shirt and says "He doesn't feel bad for Cleveland, because they still have a chance to win a championship with Mo Williams and Delonte West"? I wonder whose going to be the one to break his heart?

Learning to shoot layups

Trailer trash city, full of butthurt fans, with a loser franchise, owned by a douchebag owner. No NBA star should be subject to playing in that part of the country. Thank god Lebron left.

Cavs fans (RealCavsFans.com) are defending Gilbert's letter and think that it's justified for what Lebron did to their mother. Cavs fans can't seem to appreciate that without Lebron, their city would be nothing in the NBA.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Voratian's Avatar

If I were Lebron i'd be

Pretty much made a very rich, influential man PMS in text form.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand