Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?

GUYS GUYS make sure you dont forget MIRZA TELETOVIC!!!! He will surprise many, he's like kevin love without that many rebounds

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Wallace is the only proven good defender in their main rotation. Deron, Johnson, Lopez and Humphries are all subpar defensively. I love Crash though and what he brings.
    Deron is a very capable defender as is JJ.. Humphries has the tools to be good defensively (not the brain) and Lopez is the big question mark this year. He can play good post D and block shots, but put him in a pick and roll or draw him to the perimeter and add two points to the scoreboard.

But if the team plays defense.. it will be as a team buying in, giving effort and the bench players keeping up the intensity which I think Watson, Bogans and Evans can do.

I don't expect them to be a top 10 defensive team, but I'm hoping for at least an average team.. however if they somehow can add an interior defender like Smith or Varejo, than they can move up.

Quote Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
    GUYS GUYS make sure you dont forget MIRZA TELETOVIC!!!! He will surprise many, he's like kevin love without that many rebounds
    I forgot about him already.

Actually... I don't know.. his shooting could help, but he won't see the court if he can't rebound or play D. I think that signing had Dwight in mind the entire time.. not Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    I forgot about him already.

Actually... I don't know.. his shooting could help, but he won't see the court if he can't rebound or play D. I think that signing had Dwight in mind the entire time.. not Lopez.
    oh no worries youll get reminded each time he has that 10 pts in 10 min spurt and by season's end is a starter.

oh no worries youll get reminded each time he has that 10 pts in 10 min spurt and by season's end is a starter.
    Lopez and Teletovic would average a combined 12 rpg and while they might score 30ppg, they would give up 40.

I don't mind him as a spark plug off the bench, playing next to Evans or Hump who can rebound the ball.. but not as a starter.. unless we had a dominant rebounder and defender next to him... like that guy in LA.

Lopez and Teletovic would average a combined 12 rpg and while they might score 30ppg, they would give up 40.

I don't mind him as a spark plug off the bench, playing next to Evans or Hump who can rebound the ball.. but not as a starter.. unless we had a dominant rebounder and defender next to him... like that guy in LA.
    the dude gets about 8 rebounds a game in euroleague and the qualifiers for the eurobasket. he's not a horrible rebounder by any means. and f dwight you need to get over that i know it hurts deep inside (thats what she said) but everything will be allright.

whether you like it or not he will start by the end of the season either because of injuries or because the coach is gonna realize that "hey this guy sucks" and sit hump down.

avy bet?

I got plenty of time to figure it out

(waits for the Nets to be decimated by injuries for the 2nd year in a row where they lost the most games to injury, had the most staring line-ups, most players lost to season ending injuries, had the most d-league call-ups.. and looks like a fool)
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happens. Injuries have been pretty bad for us the last few years. But we gotta feel optimistic.

Brook's foot is probably what worries me the most. Watching Yao Ming and Big Z, foot injuries have plagued them most of their careers. I just hope Brook doesn't go down the same road as them.

And I think Tele is the X-Factor of our team. If he plays well off the bench, we have one of the most offensively talented lineups in the league (D-Will, JJ, Wallace, Tele, Lopez). I can see him taking some minutes away from Hump down the stretch of games for offensive purposes.

the dude gets about 8 rebounds a game in euroleague and the qualifiers for the eurobasket. he's not a horrible rebounder by any means. and f dwight you need to get over that i know it hurts deep inside (thats what she said) but everything will be allright.

whether you like it or not he will start by the end of the season either because of injuries or because the coach is gonna realize that "hey this guy sucks" and sit hump down.

avy bet?
    No.. because like you said, if he's starting it might be because of injuries. He is not a good pairing with Lopez. If anyone takes the starting spot from Hump (besides someone we trade for) it will be Blatche.

avy bet?
    Hump's starting job is pretty secure. The Nets aren't going to swallow $12 million a year just for Hump to sit on the bench. He was the most consistent player on our team last year averaging 14 and 11. We need the defense and rebounding that he brings night in and night out. Putting up points isn't going to be the problem, defense is. So like you said, unless he gets hurt, I can't see Avery benching him.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happens. Injuries have been pretty bad for us the last few years. But we gotta feel optimistic.

Brook's foot is probably what worries me the most. Watching Yao Ming and Big Z, foot injuries have plagued them most of their careers. I just hope Brook doesn't go down the same road as them.

And I think Tele is the X-Factor of our team. If he plays well off the bench, we have one of the most offensively talented lineups in the league (D-Will, JJ, Wallace, Tele, Lopez). I can see him taking some minutes away from Hump down the stretch of games for offensive purposes.
    Our Achilles is not offense.. it will be defense. If we are in a close game we need rebounds and defense. That's not what he provides. For the final play down 2 or 3 maybe, not a 4th quarter.

As for Brook, yes he is my biggest concern but...
    1. His brother had the same break and has been fine
    2. We supposedly revamped our strength and conditioning team because of what happened last season
    3. If we were by far the most injury plagued team last season, you gotta think our fortunes reverse some this year
    4. We have a much more talented and deeper team than last year.. we can actual overcome the usual injury or two.

Teletovic will have to adjust to the NBA game, but he could be a pleasant surprise for Nets fans.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Teletovic will have to adjust to the NBA game, but he could be a pleasant surprise for Nets fans.
    Hopefully it won't take too long. He's 27 and we have him under contract for 3 years. And he essentially cost us fan favorite Gerald Green.

Our Achilles is not offense.. it will be defense. If we are in a close game we need rebounds and defense. That's not what he provides. For the final play down 2 or 3 maybe, not a 4th quarter.
    Totally agree. Hump's not gonna get benched for Tele. All I'm saying is if we need points down the stretch I would put him in because his jumper is a lot smoother then Hump's and he's been creating his own shot for a few years now as one of his leagues best scorers.

As for Brook, yes he is my biggest concern but...
    1. His brother had the same break and has been fine
    2. We supposedly revamped our strength and conditioning team because of what happened last season
    3. If we were by far the most injury plagued team last season, you gotta think our fortunes reverse some this year
    4. We have a much more talented and deeper team than last year.. we can actual overcome the usual injury or two.
    It still concerns me though. Foot injuries linger for big men.

i am so confident that he becomes a starter by the end of the season, that I will take an avy bet for a month each for everyone who wants to take it, that even without injuries he will become a starter by seasons end

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Totally agree. Hump's not gonna get benched for Tele. All I'm saying is if we need points down the stretch I would put him in because his jumper is a lot smoother then Hump's and he's been creating his own shot for a few years now as one of his leagues best scorers.

It still concerns me though. Foot injuries linger for big men.
    Me too.. but I think we can survive without him at the same time. Blatche has been playing very well in training camp supposedly, so between him, Hump, Evans and Teletovic I think they can man the fort OK. Though I still wish we also signed Darko or Harrelson.

Granted we lose any hope of real success w/o Lopez, but unlike last season we could at least stay in the playoffs.